Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Best LL Doctor  (Read 12843 times)

Shor7Guy

Best LL Doctor
« on: September 30, 2014, 04:42:13 AM »

Money is no issue, I just want the best possible recovery in terms of athleticism, predominantly sprinting (top speed, acceleration, explosiveness and leg strength) who is the best doctor for this? I plan on external tibia 5-6cm depending on how i feel and femur internal 6-7 depending on how i feel. I know having a higher centre of gravity increases speed so maybe I'll be faster even  ::)

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

Re: Best LL Doctor
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 05:20:43 AM »

you wont be faster. for internal femur guichet seems to be the best choice.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 08:31:53 AM »

My sprinting ability wasn't affected by tibia LL.  Not sure how femur LL affects that.

Taller

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 01:28:48 PM »

Dr. Guichet's nail is far superior to Precise. Precise cannot bear your full weight safely like the G-nail can, and Precise has a reputation for malfunctioning often and inexplicably.

GPS refuses to answer the question of whether or not he works for Ellipse Technologies, or is affiliated with the makers or marketers of Precise in any way, so I would take his advice with a grain of salt until he provides a reason for why every single one of his posts promotes Precise and fails to mention any of the known cons or risks associated with it.

YellowSpike

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 01:35:12 PM »

Dr. Guichet's nail is far superior to Precise. Precise cannot bear your full weight safely like the G-nail can, and Precise has a reputation for malfunctioning often and inexplicably.

GPS refuses to answer the question of whether or not he works for Ellipse Technologies, or is affiliated with the makers or marketers of Precise in any way, so I would take his advice with a grain of salt until he provides a reason for why every single one of his posts promotes Precise and fails to mention any of the known cons or risks associated with it.

Yeah the makers of Precise really need to come up with a weight-bearing solution. That's why I'm not doing it in the USA. I don't want to be confined to a wheelchair for a thousand years. I'm not a patient person lol I want this LL sh*t over and done with fast.

programdude

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 11:53:45 PM »

I can confirm that no one is wheelchair bound here lengthening with precice, even patients very early in the process are using walkers in the PT center. Having the nail in myself I think it is quite a humane nail, and come next monday it will have gotten me to over 7 CM when I see my x rays.

The only break I know of, was caused when a patient done with lengthening walked unaided before consolidation, which just occurred and is Paleys first.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Cannibal

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 04:35:36 AM »

Precice doesn't have a reputation for malfunction, other than with Birkholtz. None in the US.

It also malfunctioned with a patient of Dr Lee in South Korea, Paley's former fellow. Precice hardly looks any better than the ISKD in terms of letting you rest easy knowing that you nail won't fail up on you.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

antoky

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 05:47:35 AM »

@shyshy

thanks for your worthwhile post that gives Guichet the right honour he deserves for having invented his method.

I am to be operated by him on the 4th of the upcoming December, staying at Desuite from the 1st of Dec to the 10th of Jan (for 5 cm).

I hope to follow in your path and thanks again for your very very useful diary!
"Be the change you want to see in the world" (Gandhi)

MAN-OF-STEEL

• It's not an S
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 04:26:01 PM »

Well said Shyshy

programdude

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 04:50:30 PM »

Shy, you make an excellent point many overlook. So many ask me about the pain of lengthening process, when it isn't the actual pain from the process that is the hard part. The lack of sleep, repetition of days, and brutal PT are much more relevant.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

YellowSpike

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 05:34:40 PM »

Well said ShyShy. Your diary actually really inspired me to go to Guichet. As great as other guys have done with other doctors, your amazing recovery really stands out.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 05:01:19 AM »

Money is no issue, I just want the best possible recovery in terms of athleticism, predominantly sprinting (top speed, acceleration, explosiveness and leg strength) who is the best doctor for this? I plan on external tibia 5-6cm depending on how i feel and femur internal 6-7 depending on how i feel. I know having a higher centre of gravity increases speed so maybe I'll be faster even  ::)

You are going to want Dr. Paley or Dr. Guichet.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Shor7Guy

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 11:26:41 AM »

You are going to want Dr. Paley or Dr. Guichet.

Thank you!

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 12:28:47 PM »

Something else to consider is that personal effort can affect the outcome of the procedure. For example if somebody is doing the surgery with dr Betz but he is lazy to stretch weightbear and so on... Will more likely recover harder that a meticulous LL patient with a cheaper doctor, so before you question yourself who is the best doctor question who is the best patient.
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

Overdozer

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 01:47:06 PM »

Something else to consider is that personal effort can affect the outcome of the procedure. For example if somebody is doing the surgery with dr Betz but he is lazy to stretch weightbear and so on... Will more likely recover harder that a meticulous LL patient with a cheaper doctor, so before you question yourself who is the best doctor question who is the best patient.
That's a very good point that many (most) tend to ignore.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

programdude

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 11:35:05 PM »

Though they didnt win, I remember Ellipse just giving them the run around. and they went home with what they got and weren't happy with the amounts lengthened.
One patient in South Africa also had a malfunctioning nail, only difference this time was that Dr Birkholtz had the decency to help him out, sent it back, and did another surgery for him with no charge. Precice 2 has quite a few malfunctioning issues which  still worries me. Its hardly perfect
Im not sure about quite a few, though I will say that I have seen many stop for one reason or another at very close to 7. I know a few people are ok with it and satisfied, but I know someone else ended up being pretty pissed, though I think they passed them all off as pre consolidation. Seems a bit suspect to me, since this is only from what i've seen. It seems likely there could be more incidents.

I still think the precice is the best nail though.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 01:07:20 AM »

Im not sure about quite a few, though I will say that I have seen many stop for one reason or another at very close to 7. I know a few people are ok with it and satisfied, but I know someone else ended up being pretty pissed, though I think they passed them all off as pre consolidation. Seems a bit suspect to me, since this is only from what i've seen. It seems likely there could be more incidents.

I think they are pretty much equal. Although, I do like that the G nail lengthens faster.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

programdude

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 01:15:01 AM »

Faster? What do you mean.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 01:27:15 AM »

The Gnail can safely lengthen about 1 cm every 6-7 days. Other systems take about 10 days per cm.

Future space tycoon

programdude

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 01:37:28 AM »

Trust me, you don't want to go that fast. The only circumstances you would need to lengthen a lot is to avoid pre consolidation or if you weren't lengthening properly. Both of which the precice can do fine.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 02:26:03 AM »

I get that, but it seems to work pretty well with Guichet. I think the aggressive PT aids in the quick lengthening.

Future space tycoon

programdude

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 02:33:13 AM »

Sure its technically doable, but if you slack at all you will end up looking like leechlet did during his lengthening. I think more than a mm is totally unneeded and risks issues with tightness.

So I'd say it tends to be a pretty negligible feature. Heck when lengthening tibia you will likely be going less than 1mm.

ShyShy

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 08:08:58 PM »

Dear programdude,

I never considered myself in competition neither with u nor with anyone, since LL is always an individual story but according to what people (physcial trainers n paley) told u, u’re on the top of paley’s patients (if not the best patient) while i know i’m far from it with guichet.

So when u say
and few others things about guichet's procedure;

I’d like to remind u that contrary to u, i never suffered from a malfunction of my nail (neither any discrepancy during my lengthening phase) and my nails weren’t bend.
Now that u’re at 3 months post-op or sthg like that, don’t forget that at this time i was walking unaided since 2 weeks n at a point so that no one could have expected i had LL.

So i’m just gonna wish u best of luck for your recovery!!!  :)

Sincerly ShyShy  ;)

From ~168 to ~175,5
6 months post-surgery, sprint, jump and squat

YellowSpike

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »

lol great epic response ShyShy!!

I hope that if I do this with Guichet, that my recovery is close to as good as yours! You were definitely an inspiration to me.

Taller

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 06:26:57 AM »

^^owned!^^

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that, ShyShy. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

GrowPrettySoon

• Visitor
  • GPS the voice of reason
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 02:03:15 AM »

^^owned!^^

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that, ShyShy. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

You’re not making yourself look any better if you can’t come up with anything other than “owned” and more ^^^^^^^

programdude

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2014, 04:49:40 AM »

Dear programdude,

I never considered myself in competition neither with u nor with anyone, since LL is always an individual story but according to what people (physcial trainers n paley) told u, u’re on the top of paley’s patients (if not the best patient) while i know i’m far from it with guichet.

So when u say  and few others things about guichet's procedure;

I’d like to remind u that contrary to u, i never suffered from a malfunction of my nail (neither any discrepancy during my lengthening phase) and my nails weren’t bend.
Now that u’re at 3 months post-op or sthg like that, don’t forget that at this time i was walking unaided since 2 weeks n at a point so that no one could have expected i had LL.

So i’m just gonna wish u best of luck for your recovery!!!  :)

Sincerly ShyShy  ;)

I don't view there being any competition either, and have only ever said positive things regarding you. You are, in my eyes, the greatest case for going to dr. G, and I certainly have trouble believing you aren't at the top of his patients.

However when I say "I think precice is the best", its with the obvious bias that I successfully lengthened with it with minor issues(a result of being alone to apply pressure and having muscular legs) that amounted to a day of pain and two extra days of lengthening. A factor, sure, but not significant. I have been pretty open about how my least favorite feature of the nail is the uncertainty of if its lengthened in between x rays. This usually isn't a problem though.

Also, I'm closer to a month and a half after finishing lengthening. I could very well have consolidated by now, I just need to schedule x rays. I've kept quite strong through the process, though this is more due to staying active and Paley's PT. Speaking of which its hard to divorce the dr/PT system from the rod.

YellowSpike

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »

Really?? You know about any PRECICE patients??? Of course PD is not Paley’s best patient. They tell that to everyone to encourage them.

And, which G diary beats yours? Impossible! You’re far from the best?? I thought you’re the ninja who fought the battles bravely and regained 100% quickly!

Whose nail was bent?? How many times do I need to debunk your BS? If PD had a malfunctioned nail, then he would have had to have it replaced. Apparently you need to look up the definition of malfunction and while you’re at it look up what 100% recovery is. You don’t seem to care to use any facts. Just promoting the G, and didn’t even get a video of you weight bearing normally to back your claim up, and conveniently ignore the complications of others I told you about.

Also your excessive use of  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( furthermore makes you seem like a troll rather a patient who just wanted to share his diary. Definitely here for competition or maybe even promotion. That’s a hell of a childish useless writing for a guy who quickly recovered and moved on with his life… or did you? Why do you care so much to jump on every thread flaunting your doctor and your “100% recovery” (lol)? The more you say that the more people should doubt anything you say. 100%... not even 99.9%... LOL I saw your vids, and you looked like a total ninja…not!

lol dude you're an idiot. I'm a Dr. G patient right now...and while I dont know ShyShy's name or anything about him...he is real, and Dr. G (assuming he knew who I meant) spoke very highly of him.

Dr. G even said that I'm very similar to ShyShy (age, height, proportions, build), so I'm hoping that's a good omen. We will see!

programdude

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2014, 12:39:01 AM »

lol dude you're an idiot. I'm a Dr. G patient right now...and while I dont know ShyShy's name or anything about him...he is real, and Dr. G (assuming he knew who I meant) spoke very highly of him.

Dr. G even said that I'm very similar to ShyShy (age, height, proportions, build), so I'm hoping that's a good omen. We will see!

Hey man, you ended up going for it? Congrats!

ReadRothbard

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 01:40:05 AM »

Congrats, yellowspike. Keep sending me emails; I'd love to hear how things are going.

Future space tycoon

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 02:28:07 AM »

Dr. :D G even said that I'm very similar to ShyShy (age, height, proportions, build), so I'm hoping that's a good omen. We will see!
Good luck,pal
Hope you strong ,tall and handsome
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up