Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CONFUSED! PLEASE HELP  (Read 4214 times)

Greek-Semidget

CONFUSED! PLEASE HELP
« on: September 27, 2014, 10:23:01 AM »

Well I am planning on doing limb lengthening and I don't want to spend more than 15k euros. I was thinking on doing my tibias, but whatever I wear even before LL, my tibias look long in comparison to femurs...I am 5'8 as you know but my knee height is almost the same with 5'10-5'11 guys my tibias as a bone are 42cm and I think that femurs are 46-48. My armspan is 178-179. And sitting height 92.5 at night.  I was thinking on doing 6 cm on tibias but I assume with 1 inch shoes I will look horrible. In comparison, by doing femurs I will have good proportions and will look more natural. Should I go monorail on femurs for 6cm, or cross-lateral for total 8cm with dr leonid in Russia, or stick with tibias...? :/
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

Re: CONFUSED! PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 01:12:02 PM »

get a x ray so you know your exact length for your tibia and femur bones. then you will know the ratios and you can make calculations, rulers and measuring tape are not accurate.

by default always do tibia first then femurs.

cross lateral I don't like but its your choice.

6cm tibia, if you want more then do 6cm femur, monorail full external is how I would lengthen.

Overdozer

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 03:32:49 PM »

I'd do LON both femurs at the same time. Should be a hell at the time of lengthening, but once you remove the externals it'll be cool. And then if you want more, do tibias.

P.S. cross-lateral for just 8 cm gain is a terrible idea. If you say your tibias are really long, you can do that same 8cm on femur and it should be good. You're going to waste too much time with just exfix splitting such a small gain with two surgeries.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 03:41:38 PM »

If your tibiae are already looking quite long, I wouldn't lengthen them.  Go for monorail femurs.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 03:41:50 PM »

I'd do LON both femurs at the same time. Should be a hell at the time of lengthening, but once you remove the externals it'll be cool. And then if you want more, do tibias.

P.S. cross-lateral for just 8 cm gain is a terrible idea. If you say your tibias are really long, you can do that same 8cm on femur and it should be good. You're going to waste too much time with just exfix splitting such a small gain with two surgeries.
why didn't you choose this kind of option?

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 03:42:29 PM »

If your tibiae are already looking quite long, I wouldn't lengthen them.  Go for monorail femurs.
how long are your tibias now?

Overdozer

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 03:49:16 PM »

why didn't you choose this kind of option?
Well I knew for sure I needed more gain, than just 3 inches, so it was obvious in my case that I had to do two surgeries. I did mistakes still, I should've done LON, say, lengthen femurs 7.5 cm, take externals off and then put just externals on my tibs. That way I'd be already 182 cm with just externals on my tibs that I would soon remove. Ah well.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 05:36:04 PM »

Well I knew for sure I needed more gain, than just 3 inches, so it was obvious in my case that I had to do two surgeries. I did mistakes still, I should've done LON, say, lengthen femurs 7.5 cm, take externals off and then put just externals on my tibs. That way I'd be already 182 cm with just externals on my tibs that I would soon remove. Ah well.
Should I do the same? for example bilateral on femurs lon..that will take 2.5 months.....It may be uncomfortable but it will be bearable...then after that period you start weightbearing, and weight for recovery...can sb stand with 2 illizavors on femur?

Shortie

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 05:44:12 PM »

I am same as you confused too cuz my tibia is long too , I did mock up 8 cm on fumer and it looks way better than lengthening my tibia

Overdozer

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 06:03:19 PM »

Should I do the same? for example bilateral on femurs lon..that will take 2.5 months.....It may be uncomfortable but it will be bearable...then after that period you start weightbearing, and weight for recovery...can sb stand with 2 illizavors on femur?
I don't know, mate, I don't see any better options, unless for internal. It will be very uncomfortable - that I can guess, just imagine yourself with 2 wooden sticks inplace of your legs, and you also can't sit comfortably, can't sleep either. Well you know that already I guess. You should be able to stand - well that depends on the size of externals and their composition, but you may have to put your legs 'wide'. You should discuss it with the Dr., I imagine they may use special external composition so it would be more comfortable for you to wear, especially considering you have a rod inside your bone, so hard stabilization isn't necessary (not sure).

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 08:46:07 PM »

how long are your tibias now?

About 18-19 inches.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »

About 18-19 inches.
can you please show us a picture of you man?

Taller

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 10:51:53 PM »

About 18-19 inches.

My tibiae seem about this long right now, but then again I'm wearing lifts  :P

Can't wait to get LL.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 06:32:18 AM »

My tibiae seem about this long right now, but then again I'm wearing lifts  :P

Can't wait to get LL.
Everybody waits for it so bad, I am 16 and have forgotten how it is to grow for 3 years...it makes me sad...Ohh tell me happy birthday, cause today its my 16th birthday ^_^ . Wish they could just tell me, your present is LL, hahahahha :D

Taller

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 07:36:03 AM »

Everybody waits for it so bad, I am 16 and have forgotten how it is to grow for 3 years...it makes me sad...Ohh tell me happy birthday, cause today its my 16th birthday ^_^ . Wish they could just tell me, your present is LL, hahahahha :D

Happy Bday! I hope you'll find satisfaction with your height one way or another!

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 11:11:46 AM »

Happy Bday! I hope you'll find satisfaction with your height one way or another!
woah looked my self with my 4cm lifts (half inch sole and 1 inch lift self made from sport shoes) and it looked really good so I am confident to belive I can push to 6-7cm on my tibias and forget about femurs.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 11:56:25 AM »

LOL when my parents would ask me what do I want for my BDAy I would say I don't really care for presents I have everything I want, the only thing I want is leg lengthening surgery so unless that's my present there's nothing that you could give me that I would actually want lol

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 11:59:53 AM »

LOL when my parents would ask me what do I want for my BDAy I would say I don't really care for presents I have everything I want, the only thing I want is leg lengthening surgery so unless that's my present there's nothing that you could give me that I would actually want lol
hahaha want a MacBook pro too but anyways they don't have money for any of these so I have to earn them with effort :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up