Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal tibia diaries?  (Read 744 times)

Ayesha12345

Internal tibia diaries?
« on: December 01, 2018, 04:11:45 PM »

Hey guys, has anyone had good experience doing internal tibias? I’m a female of barely 4’11 height and 45 kg, I want to know the degree of knee pain from Precice. I assume bcz I am light with small tibias the nail used would be small too- how bad is the risk of knee pain? Does it ever go?

And if I were to go with LON, LATN or externals instead how much worse are the scars? Will they ever fade so much that no one can tell..?

But my preferred method is still Precice, so pls tell me knee pain is a rare case.

myloginacc

Re: Internal tibia diaries?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 04:44:03 PM »

Check out OYG's diary:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5352.0

It's quadrilateral internals, but it should still give you a picture about the pain.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Ayesha12345

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 04:51:40 PM »

Thanks!:)

heightconsultant

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »

Hey guys, has anyone had good experience doing internal tibias? I’m a female of barely 4’11 height and 45 kg, I want to know the degree of knee pain from Precice. I assume bcz I am light with small tibias the nail used would be small too- how bad is the risk of knee pain? Does it ever go?

And if I were to go with LON, LATN or externals instead how much worse are the scars? Will they ever fade so much that no one can tell..?

But my preferred method is still Precice, so pls tell me knee pain is a rare case.

LON/LATN/any method with externals leave worse scars than internals. Maybe they do not fully disappear on their own with time, but at least they can be treated with cosmetic procedures.

Permanent knee pain can occur if the doctor is not experienced enough and causes damage to tendons and other tissues while inserting the nail into the bone. But that is quite rare if you go with an experienced surgeon.

By the way, do you have any particular reasons for choosing tibia?

Ayesha12345

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 08:04:53 AM »

I think it’ll end up looking better, and hurt slightly less. Long legs look great.

HeightGain

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 09:21:38 AM »

It is unknown why internal tibia causes pain, there are some theories though. Going with an experienced surgeon could still therefore result in pain
Pages: [1]   Go Up