Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Job and Time problems with LL surgery  (Read 1335 times)

RobinKing44

• Visitor
Job and Time problems with LL surgery
« on: September 19, 2014, 05:37:38 PM »

I am planning on having LL surgery but I also have a entry level job too pay the bills so
How can someone balance having(wanting to keep their job) and having LL surgery?
After the surgery when can I come back home?

RobinKing44

• Visitor
External vs LON
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:41:44 PM »

External vs LON
Which is cheaper?
How long do you have to stay after the surgery in that country after each?
Pros and cons of each?
Which would you do if you were increasing 10+ cm?

Orlando

Re: External vs LON
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:27:37 PM »

External is cheaper.  Russia, India, Serbia all have external options.

It depends on the doctors, some allow you to go home after a week or two.  Most will want you staying in the same country for the lengthening period of a few months.

External is least invasive as it does not involve the nail.  You have to wear the frames much longer for consolidation.  LON is more invasive because of the nail and carry a chance of long term knee pain for Tibia, you can remove the frame much quicker.

Wouldn't increase 10cm in one segment.  Spilt it between external tibia and internal femurs with two LL surgeries.   

Orlando

Re: Job and Time problems with LL surgery
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 06:42:38 PM »

You can't expect to be working during LL.  It's too much to handle physically and mentally.   You will have to take leave or quit the job.   

External method, forget it. no chance.   Internal method, possible for office work if you are okay moving around in crutches and wheelchair.  You can go home in one-two week for example with Dr. Bagirov.    Go decide which doctor and method is within your budget first.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

Re: Job and Time problems with LL surgery
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »

I think the only thing you can do is work for 3 years get as much brownie points as you can and then ask your boss for 6 months off and do surgeries back to back.

(6cm tibia full external) followed by (6cm LON external femur)

duration should take approximately 7 months, but you ask for 6 months off from boss and then just inform them that it is plus or minus 6 weeks. (depends on excuse you use)(which validates a flexible time period off).

this method was successful for another person.
Pages: [1]   Go Up