Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How many Inches Can I do Before I look Disproportionate?  (Read 10274 times)

Vida

• Visitor
How many Inches Can I do Before I look Disproportionate?
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:26:10 AM »

I'm 5'5-5'6

my arm span is 5'6.5

What would be the maximum amount I can do before starting to look disproportionate?

Can I shoot for 6'0?

I'm pretty new to the LL world please give me advice, I'm aiming for at least 5'10
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:37:16 AM by Vida »

Overdozer

Re: How many Inches Can I do Before I look Disproportionate?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 01:45:09 AM »

You have pretty much my measurments. And I'm going to lengthen my arms, not even because they look short now, but just to match for perfection and also better battling capabilities and reach. I'd say you don't want to go over 4 inches your arm span, else you need to lengthen your arms too. Sitting height is also a limitting factor. You don't want go under 49% of SH/H ratio.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Vida

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 01:55:57 AM »

You have pretty much my measurments. And I'm going to lengthen my arms, not even because they look short now, but just to match for perfection and also better battling capabilities and reach. I'd say you don't want to go over 4 inches your arm span, else you need to lengthen your arms too. Sitting height is also a limitting factor. You don't want go under 49% of SH/H ratio.

what do you mean by SH/H?

How much should I lengthen my arms if I wanna aim for 6'0?

And wont my torso look short compared to me legs?

Overdozer

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 01:59:58 AM »

what do you mean by SH/H?

How much should I lengthen my arms if I wanna aim for 6'0?

And wont my torso look short compared to me legs?
Sitting Height divided by height. It depends how long your torso is in the first place. You'll want to lengthen 2 inches on each arm for 4" arm span increase.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Gichelu

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 02:03:25 AM »

You're lengthening both legs and plan to do your arms and you're talking about battling capabilities? Good luck with that when your balance is bad and your limbs are forever slowed down from your tissues stretching so much.

Sitting Height divided by height. It depends how long your torso is in the first place. You'll want to lengthen 2 inches on each arm for 4" arm span increase.

Lengthening your arms as much as recommended for lower legs is a terrible idea. Stop giving bad advice.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

Overdozer

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 02:10:27 AM »

I'm not looking to get into an argument. I will only state that you like speculating a lot. And that humeral lengthening is considered the safest of all, with achondroplasia patients lengthening over 4" on each arm.

But you know better.

Gichelu

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 02:17:02 AM »

I'm not looking to get into an argument. I will only state that you like speculating a lot. And that humeral lengthening is considered the safest of all, with achondroplasia patients lengthening over 4" on each arm.

But you know better.

There is no speculating from me. All you have to do is read the accounts from people who have had lengthening done who say that they are not as fast as before, have stiffness months after surgery, etc. Achondroplasia patients have more stretchy soft tissues than others so they can lengthen more. A normal person will not have tissues that respond the same.

Overdozer

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 02:21:51 AM »

There is no speculating from me.
Achondroplasia patients have more stretchy soft tissues than others
OK. Let's just end it on this note.

Gichelu

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 02:22:38 AM »

OK. Let's just end it on this note.

Agree. Let it sink in.

theuprising

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 02:57:46 AM »

To the OP: Think of it like this unless you have disproportionate short legs you have the body of a 5'6 guy. 6ft guys generally have a larger head, hand size, foot size, torso size pretty much a larger everything than a 5"6 guy. Bear this in mind when thinking of lengthening amounts. If you have to get arm lengthening you have lengthened way too much.

I recommended you lengthen 1/5 of your original bone length. This is because soft tissue can only stretch this far before it is comprised permanently.

Exclide: You should stay away from fighting, the chances of you winning after what you have lengthened would be slim.

Overdozer

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 03:42:32 AM »

Exclide: You should stay away from fighting, the chances of you winning after what you have lengthened would be slim.
That's such an ignorant statement. I'll KO you in one punch and break you in half after I recover. I'm going HAM on rods and HGH to lessen muscle recovery time.

But we'll see.

Taller

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 03:47:48 AM »

I've always wondered what a carefully created mix of steroids and HGH would do for your recovery after LL, but it's something that I'd never try myself due to all the potential side effects and things that could go wrong.

Overdozer

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 03:54:30 AM »

I've always wondered what a carefully created mix of steroids and HGH would do for your recovery after LL, but it's something that I'd never try myself due to all the potential side effects and things that could go wrong.
They're abused in bodybuilding and you'd rarely hear something go wrong. I know the precautions and what PCT is, so I'm not afraid. Plus I plan to combine it with weight training to maximize results. Both steroids and HGH are clinically proven to increase muscle recovery (and bone healing) time and are used often on patients with muscle atrophy. I think most docs are being too conservative by ignoring such facts and thus prolonging their patients recovery time.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 05:02:09 AM »

The thing is by the time you are "fully" recovered, both of you probably have become 60 yrs old men. 3 surgeries, and talking about fighting. Lol. You have the biggest illusion of them all my friend.

Overdozer

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 05:09:52 AM »

The thing is by the time you are "fully" recovered, both of you probably have become 60 yrs old men. 3 surgeries, and talking about fighting. Lol. You have the biggest illusion of them all my friend.
Wanna duel me, huh? Give me 2 years and we'll talk.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20298828
Both concentric muscle strength and leg power showed a clear pattern of decreased muscle strength at 6 months after frame removal, improving throughout the study period until it was within 3% of the preoperative value at 2 years. By 2 years, self-reported function and ability to complete timed functional tests had returned to or improved on the preoperative values.
And that's without rods or hGH. You have no idea what you're talking about and who you're challenging, boy.

theuprising

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 05:15:59 AM »

That's such an ignorant statement. I'll KO you in one punch and break you in half after I recover. I'm going HAM on rods and HGH to lessen muscle recovery time.

But we'll see.

Haha I guess I'll have to keep my eye out for the slender man look alike.

Overdozer

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 05:17:57 AM »

Haha I guess I'll have to keep my eye out for the slender man look alike.
You won't see me coming.

Morgenst.

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 05:51:04 AM »

Hey exclide what's your sitting height bro?

Overdozer

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 05:56:56 AM »

Hey exclide what's your sitting height bro?
It's 90 cm. I measure 110-111 cm from ground to my belly button at 182cm calculated. I figured it's pretty usual for someone 182 cm tall. Would be nice to see ground-belly button measurments of taller members here, I wonder how do I compare.

https://www.facebook.com/events/121403451306018/
Billy 79 5"11 110cm
Francey 70 5"10 110cm
28yrs old, 182cm tall, umbilicus is 110cm from floor
Steve. 43 110cm 183cm

Strange, huh? You'd think I should have higher umbilicus compared to someone who's natually at that height
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:31:33 AM by exclide »

Bruno Mars

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 06:29:49 AM »

Wanna duel me, huh? Give me 2 years and we'll talk.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20298828And that's without rods or hGH. You have no idea what you're talking about and who you're challenging, boy.
Maybe if you learn Taekwondo.... Your long legs might come in handy with that martial art.
I know that I am talking to a guy who feel too insecure to the point that he needs to break his limbs 3 times to get taller  ;) You might be 15 cms taller, but you re still have a punch of a 5'5 guy. I dare you to take on a real 6ft fighter. You will be on the ground before you know it.

Overdozer

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 06:33:51 AM »

Maybe if you learn Taekwondo.... Your long legs might come in handy with that martial art.
I know that I am talking to a guy who feel too insecure to the point that he needs to break his limbs 3 times to get taller  ;) You might be 15 cms taller, but you re still have a punch of a 5'5 guy. I dare you to take on a real 6ft fighter. You will be on the ground before you know it.
I did MMA for two years dude, you're talking such nonsense it makes me laugh. I'm done arguing.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 06:40:04 AM »

This is just funny, lengthening in order to fight better and knock people out? Not only are you doing LL for the wrong reasons but you're also doing mixed martial arts for the wrong reasons too. We have a similar guy at our Krav Maga class, all he ever talks about is "I'll knock you the f**k out!!" I bet after you fully recover, if there is a chance of recovering to 100% doing that much, that you'll walk the streets thinking you're the next best thing to come along since slice bread...

I like that you're a pioneer at a cheap Russian hospital doing externals everything on all segments and somewhat sharing some info on here but your other 2 reasons for doing what you do is a bit.... how can we put it...? Misguided?

Good luck though and do keep us posted on your future fighting skills

Overdozer

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 06:48:02 AM »

This is just funny, lengthening in order to fight better and knock people out? Not only are you doing LL for the wrong reasons but you're also doing mixed martial arts for the wrong reasons too. We have a similar guy at our Krav Maga class, all he ever talks about is "I'll knock you the f**k out!!" I bet after you fully recover, if there is a chance of recovering to 100% doing that much, that you'll walk the streets thinking you're the next best thing to come along since slice bread...

I like that you're a pioneer at a cheap Russian hospital doing externals everything on all segments and somewhat sharing some info on here but your other 2 reasons for doing what you do is a bit.... how can we put it...? Misguided?

Good luck though and do keep us posted on your future fighting skills
Where did I say that I'm lengthening to fight better? I didn't. But here's a thing: if you lengthen 15cm being short, you'll have a generally better reach, you'll weight like 12kg more, and if you do your arms, you'll gain even more reach and weight. Both weight and reach are very important factors in fighting, you should know. Now I don't say I'll become a Terminator and beat the hell out of everyone, I know cases where 160 MMA fighters sent 190 cm guys to grave with just one punch, street fighting can just work in any way really. You may fall and hit your head on something and die. That's not the point, all I'm saying is that I'm confident I'll be able to fight and, given time and effort to recover and build muscle mass and explosive power, will be able to fight even better.

doing mixed martial arts for the wrong reasons too
Self-defense is a very legitimate reason to do MA. We aren't allowed to own firearms here in Russia.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 06:50:29 AM »

I did MMA for two years dude, you're talking such nonsense it makes me laugh. I'm done arguing.
Is fighting your main career or you are doing something else now? Do you plan to go back on the ring?

Overdozer

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 06:52:17 AM »

Is fighting your main career or you are doing something else now? Do you plan to go back on the ring?
You got it wrong, it was no more than a hobby. At 167 you are very unlikely to get into professional MMA anyways.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 07:00:19 AM »

You got it wrong, it was no more than a hobby. At 167 you are very unlikely to get into professional MMA anyways.
Ok. Anyway, I don't want to insult anyone because he wants to do extreme lengthening, even though I always against that kind of idea. I was just suprised that someone could brag about figting when he plans to lengthen that much including humerus. But if fighting is your hobby, then maybe you could manage to knock someone out with those extra length ;D;D. God bless you bro, peace!

PrettyTall

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 08:52:16 AM »

I think fell exlicide, by the way  why don't you write a diary It will be very helpful for us, especially does who want to do LL in tha clinic for the cheap price like me

vil0

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 09:01:55 AM »

I agree 100%

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 01:04:10 PM »

But you know better.
this peoples soft tissues are not stretched to their size before op...
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

Shortie

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 03:34:10 PM »

Do what ever makes u happy but make sure u won't regret it
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:48:51 PM by Shortie »

ReadRothbard

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 04:49:24 AM »

I think that you shouldn't have a problem at six feet.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up