Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What if you are not satisfied with the results?  (Read 10736 times)

sadboy

What if you are not satisfied with the results?
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:43:23 AM »

I am thinking of lengthening 5 to 6 cms since it's a safe limit but I am "calculating" how tall I will be, either by standing on boxes or wearing shoes, and I still do not feel satisfied. I still am and feel short. I don't want to suffer all my life with the issue of my height which is at the back of my mind 24/7 and makes me reject opportunities daily. What should I do? What is your advice?

Thanks.

Greek-Semidget

Re: What if you are not satisfied with the results?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »

I am thinking of lengthening 5 to 6 cms since it's a safe limit but I am "calculating" how tall I will be, either by standing on boxes or wearing shoes, and I still do not feel satisfied. I still am and feel short. I don't want to suffer all my life with the issue of my height which is at the back of my mind 24/7 and makes me reject opportunities daily. What should I do? What is your advice?

Thanks.
If you are not an athlete shoot for 3 inch gain, most people have recovered to a good level after that plus your shoes are +/- 1 inch tall so. You will be 4 inches taller than barefoot. A good way to understand this is to consider that you will be almost half head taller :)
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

Overdozer

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »

1. Lengthen both tibia and femur by 7.5 cm for a total 15cm gain to 183. Lengthen your humerus for a matching arm span.
2. Lengthen 6-8 centimeters on one segment and go see a psychiatrist, I actually believe at this point, that they can indeed help. Try out antidepressants, they work.
Accepted treatments of BDD are mainly SSRI antidepressant drugs

(You decide what's easier, lol)
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

sadboy

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 04:06:53 PM »

Thanks for your reply guys. I will see what I will do because this issue has been bugging me for quite a while now.

Taller

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 04:37:17 PM »

This is where LL for people of average height has its merits. It's one thing to go from very short to still pretty short, but less so. You won't become a stud though, and if that's not what you want, then great. You'll still get social benefits. But you'll still be left in a position in which, pheasibly, you could often still feel unhappy with your height, even after LL.

It's undeniable, however, that social benefits of going from "average" or having an "ok" height to having what society generally views as the "perfect heights" or ideal range which is (6'0ish-6'4ish) are tremendous, because, at this point, you actually manage to conquer height neurosis in that you get to a point at which there is literally absolutely no social need, advantage, or use for more height. Basically, unless you have a mental problem that makes you want to be as tall as physically possible, doing LL at average height (given that you have true height neurosis) will get you to a point at which you'll never have a reason to desire more height ever again. After living with height neurosis for years, that's a pretty sweet place to be if you ask me.

endomorphisme

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:03:06 PM »

I agree with taller, in fact, 165 cm is not much different than 170 cm since both are still below the 15 th percentile, it might be better with women though since 170 cm is a bit taller than most of them.

but coming from 178 to 183 cm won't make a lot of differences too, i would say 178-183 cm is a grey area, you're not short nor tall, you're pretty average.You won't face discrimination like guys who are below 170 cm but you will be at a certain disadvantage with tall men.

guys who come from 170 to 180 cm will enjoy more benefits than the ones who go from average to a bit above or very short to regular short.

op, i don't know whether you will do 1 or 2 operation, in  case you only do one , maybe you should try wearing lifts.I can't say you should see a psy,  it would be hypocritical from me because i know it's not easy to accept oneself,

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 06:15:49 PM »

So 182.5cm, you think going from 183-184cm to 190cm with a second op would provide a worthwhile return? It would also balance out my ratio, but then I would have an arm length and upper body disproportion worse than it already is...
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

endomorphisme

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »

it could be worthwhile to go from 184-190 cm if it is your first operation.
184 cm is already a good height, unless it'is your "out of bed's height" , 184 cm is  decent enough.
I'm just shy of 6 feet and i'm still undecided, but if i did LL i would just plan out 4 cm.

Shortie

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 08:16:52 PM »

Any gain of height will benefit you some how no doubt about that , but the most people who benefit from it IMO if someone going from short to average or someone going from average to above average Or tall . But anyone one over 5'11  or at the 5'11 and lives in the states should not really waste his money and his time to do that . There is a lot of models in the states at this height .

Wazzup

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 08:36:20 PM »

it could be worthwhile to go from 184-190 cm if it is your first operation.
184 cm is already a good height, unless it'is your "out of bed's height" , 184 cm is decent enough.
I'm just shy of 6 feet and i'm still undecided, but if i did LL i would just plan out 4 cm.

You are 1,825 and you are thinking about leg lenghtening??? There is no excuse in life that comes from your height. I really cant understand how a person that is already above average would benefits from beeing 60k poorer and beeing in horrifying pain. I'm from portugal and i do know we are a little shorter than in North europe or América. With 1,65 I do feel that height is a problem. But come on if i was 1,75 i would never ever consider having this cirurgy.

The mais reason that makes me want this operation (in 3years time) is the fact that i do notice a difference from where I dont use boots to when i do. What I am saying is that it would mean the world to me going from 1,65 to 1,72 because i can easily almost reach average with lifes in my shoes or boots. I would leave percentil 5 and go for percentil 25. Wich means i would stop beeing the shortest out of 20 to be the shortest out of 4. I would stop beeing in girls average to become taller than 90% of girls. There is no excuse not to be HAPPY when you are 6cm taller than the average height.

My point is that after lenghtening 7 cm i would still be 10cm shorter than you and you are here saying that you would love to go from 1,825 to 1,86. Most people wont even notice the difference. Wich can't be said from my case. Height is not an excuse. With 1,65 dating was never an issue but i do Believe that if i was average it would be even better. There is no excuse when i get to 1,72.. sky will be the limit :) at least in Portugal you people from Switerland or Sweden are huge. If i was from there, yeah i would want to reach 1,76

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:30:56 PM by Wazzup »

G-Man

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 09:25:24 PM »

Well the thing is it's pretty average being average.  :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:36:58 PM by G-Man »

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »

there is a big difference between 165 and 170cm.

you need to try and understand social constructs.

when you change to being a height that is above most girls from being a height which is shorter than a lot of girls then that changes the dynamics of the social structure. how you might ask: let me explain.

girls form groups and those groups decide how much cool points a man has, if you are shorter than 40% of girls then 40% of girls will not EVER CONSIDER YOU, so they will always reinforce the idea that your not worth dating to their friends when it comes up, naming it on the fact that you are short. this peer pressure will brainwash girls who are shorter than you, the reason is because people don't necessarily become attracted to what is acceptable but what their peer groups keep reinforcing is acceptable.

there are more reasons why 165 and 170 are worlds apart but this is enough to explain my point.

if you are 165 I suggest the same as anyone else, 6cm tibia, 6 cm femur. after 12 cm just be happy with the improvement.

Overdozer

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 12:14:41 AM »

Haha, that's why it's important to draw a line, you have to try and overcome the "biggest the best" mentality, because there's no real limit. Guys that are 180+ already seeking limb lengthening are hugely exaggerating the benefits of being tall - the grass is always greener on the other side. At this point, you don't face real height discrimination, you're taller than 50-60% of men and 99% of women, and are doing this clearly for a delusional prestige, because you aren't getting any really. You can try and understand that right now or do the surgery, lose a lot of time and money, create lower segment dispropotion, reduce your physical abilities, agility, and understand it after.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 12:44:10 AM »

I am 155 cm and I would stick with 160. Ofcourse I wish I was 180 cm but...
5'1", 100 lbs

Taller

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 03:43:20 AM »

So Exilde, if what you say is true, why are you lengthening to 183cm and not 175 or 178?

Why should you get to be 6 feet tall while a naturally 5'10 or 5'11 guy shouldn't in your opinion? I've worn special lifts to reach heights between 182-190CM and can confirm that the social benefits keep coming as height increases until around 187 or 188CM.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 04:01:35 AM »

At 200 lbs at 5'5 pre-surgery I'd love to have that mass distributed on a body 5 inches taller. If I could bulk up my legs again I think it would look a lot better too.

But yeah, no matter the starting height, having more height than what they started with is always going to be appealing to people.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Overdozer

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 04:18:39 AM »

So Exilde, if what you say is true, why are you lengthening to 183cm and not 175 or 178?

Why should you get to be 6 feet tall while a naturally 5'10 or 5'11 guy shouldn't in your opinion? I've worn special lifts to reach heights between 182-190CM and can confirm that the social benefits keep coming as height increases until around 187 or 188CM.
You have to understand that I'm doing cross-lateral lengthening and at this point I DON'T choose how much to lengthen, I need to even my leg length and knee level to match what I lengthened. Also, at 5'6, being naturally in 5th percentile, I've got to develop serious height neurosis case, which shouldn't be for someone, who is at average height, 50th percentile, that's why I lengthened extra to make sure it goes away.

You can claim that extra height at 5'11 gives you social benefits, but that may also be no more, than your perception. I've actually chatted with a female that's undergoing LL, guess how tall she wants to be? 6 f**king feet. And she's 5'6 now. And she's also using externals, completely ignoring the fact that scars will ruin her leg appearance. She also claims that everything is so much easier, when you're tall and that most females these days are 6' and plus. I tried to tell her that average female height is 5'5 and she should seek psychological help, but she called me a midget at 6' and told me to gtfo. She also told me that she's going to wear really big heels so she can be 2 meters tall after LL. Just an extreme example where BDD goes out of control.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 04:24:31 AM »

I've actually chatted with a female that's undergoing LL, guess how tall she wants to be? 6 f**king feet. And she's 5'6 now. And she's also using externals, completely ignoring the fact that scars will ruin her leg appearance. She also claims that everything is so much easier, when you're tall and that most females these days are 6' and plus. I tried to tell her that average female height is 5'5 and she should seek psychological help, but she called me a midget at 6' and told me to gtfo. Just an extreme example where BDD goes out of control.

You serious? That's crazy. I'm pretty sure there are studies out there showing that smaller women are seen as more attractive and desirable than taller women, and 5'6 is a good height that shouldn't make her feel too small to be taken seriously. I can't imagine what the 6 feet would get her aside from height jokes, and the scars would make modeling a no go if that's what she was doing it for.

Interesting that she said most females these days are 6'0 and higher. I've noticed that those with worse height neurosis greatly overstate the heights of people around them (maybe it's easier because they're comparing their eye level with the tops of other people's heads?).
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Overdozer

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 04:36:36 AM »

You serious? That's crazy. I'm pretty sure there are studies out there showing that smaller women are seen as more attractive and desirable than taller women, and 5'6 is a good height that shouldn't make her feel too small to be taken seriously
That's exactly what I told her. I even tried linking studies with average height around the world and studies that confirm more reproductive success for short and average height women. She said they're old and with secular trend every female is already 6'+ and in 20 years they'll be even taller. The hell. I'd think she was trolling, but I know it's her real profile, she has photos with externals on her legs and all the info.

I've noticed that those with worse height neurosis greatly overstate the heights of people around them (maybe it's easier because they're comparing their eye level with the tops of other people's heads?)
Yeah, I've noticed that too. And it's hard to prove them that they're wrong.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 09:51:11 AM »

at average height you don't have any external discrimination, but when you go from average to 6" you get treated with favoritism, that is the advantage from getting LL when you are average. if you are average and think that you are being discriminated against because of your height you are suffering from delusion.

I am sure exclide understands this. and that is why it is worthwhile to go above average. its not the height you go to, it is the reason you go to that height based on your current height.

delusion just means abnormal incorrect way of viewing the situation.

the key heights where the treatment becomes exponential for both (discrimination) and (loss of benefit) are 5"7 and 6"0 and this is for when average is 5"9.5

key heights for change in social perception are 5"7......5"9.5...........6"0

at 5"7 you get discrimination but it becomes exponentially worse below 5"7, at 5"9.5 you get neither positive or negative points taken or given from all your other characteristics, but when you go to 6"0 you gain bonus points for just being tall, after 6"0 the bonus points exponentially diminish in amount you receive per cm from here on up.  its not a linear curve. it is bell shape.

ps. it is funny when people try to convince everyone around them that the average is more than it is, when in truth they are just trying to convince themselves into their own delusion. I feel sad for that girl who believes the average girl is 6"0.

endomorphisme

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 11:46:36 AM »

every short guys want to be 6'0", so i don"t get why men who are average could not do ll to reach 6'0" or even 6'1" or 6'2"!
That's why you can't draw a line, guys who are 5'7" lenghten to 6'0", so guys who are 5'10" are upset and want to be 6'0" too or taller.

in some decades you will have some 6'2" er who will undergo ll to be 6'4" because some 6 footers will have reached 6'2".

Shortie

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 03:44:17 PM »

I am 5'7 with a 5'10 arm span and still think anything over 5'10 for me would be so wired even that I post mock up on old forum  of my pics going to 5'10 and another one 6' everyone said I look very normal even better with my build and terso , also my hands are bigger than my friend who is 5'10,5 and I still think but sure I would not look right at 6' even people said I would look ok but I like to use some logic and 5'7 guy can't be the same as 6' guy  6' guy is not just tall cuz his legs taller than u no other things count too .

PrettyTall

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 04:06:37 PM »

I'am 166cm and all I want is 174 -175 for real, after that I can manage my self as I have a really strong personality, I don't let my height to keep down, never been called anything, I think because I'm crazy  I go scarface on anyone who try to play me when people know you dangerous they keep the insults for they  self , ever see someone  calling a scorpion '' a bug '' " little insect '' no they are too fu*** afraid, so go a ahead and scare em 

Taller

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 05:52:33 PM »

That's why you can't draw a line, guys who are 5'7" lenghten to 6'0", so guys who are 5'10" are upset and want to be 6'0" too

This is a very good point.

Uppland

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 11:12:15 PM »

Taller could you evaluate somewhat on how "social benefits increase untill around 187 or 188CM" I'm very interested. Also what is the rough average for young men in your country?

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 11:20:36 PM »

The answer to the question of this thread title is too bad. Pure and simple.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »

Just go for 3 inches man. You will be more less a hole nose higher :3

sadboy

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »

Just go for 3 inches man. You will be more less a hole nose higher :3

After discovering that I am 5cm LESS of what I thought I was I am very depressed and it seems that 3 inches will not be enough. I really don't know what to do or how much to lengthen, honestly now... No wonder why I didn't feel satisfied when I was wearing the shoes etc.. It's because I thought I was 173cm when in fact I wasn't :(

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 08:06:21 PM »

After discovering that I am 5cm LESS of what I thought I was I am very depressed and it seems that 3 inches will not be enough. I really don't know what to do or how much to lengthen, honestly now... No wonder why I didn't feel satisfied when I was wearing the shoes etc.. It's because I thought I was 173cm when in fact I wasn't :(
Sadboy don't be such a sad boy, of you hit 5'8.5 to 5'9 you will feel just fine, build other qualities too...height is just a benefactor to people who have a lot, bulk up, shred, educate yourself, learn how to dance, become more intellectual, start playing music and so on...There are so many things that can upgrade your life ;)

sadboy

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 09:35:55 PM »

Sadboy don't be such a sad boy, of you hit 5'8.5 to 5'9 you will feel just fine, build other qualities too...height is just a benefactor to people who have a lot, bulk up, shred, educate yourself, learn how to dance, become more intellectual, start playing music and so on...There are so many things that can upgrade your life ;)

The irony of your comment is that you are 5'8" and you are not fine, and you want me to be 5'8" and fine?

programdude

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 09:40:21 PM »

thats a decent point but the quality of life jump would be pretty significant for each of you to the point you should be happy at least for awhile.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up