Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening + going back to school  (Read 2238 times)

synxervious

• Visitor
Limb lengthening + going back to school
« on: September 13, 2014, 06:36:44 AM »

Hi all! So I'm a rising sophomore at an American university. I've considered doing LL surgery in Russia with Dr. Barinov/Bagirov on my tibias with the aim of lengthening about 6-7cm total from a starting height of 167cm. The thing is, if I'm to do this surgery, I'd like to be able to get back to school and function properly - Take several flights back to Russia post-lengthening/consolidation to remove the pins, but remain otherwise unsupervised and perform clicking, exercises, and other stuff on my own.

With that in mind, I'd like to perform the lengthening during winter break, so that's about four weeks of time for the lengthening. I'm aware that it's not a very flexible schedule I've got going, but I'd like to know if it's an option. The reason that I want to lengthen during winter break is that I'm on a full scholarship, and taking a leave of absence is at the moment not an option. Additionally, I'd have the benefit of recovering throughout the school year, and I'm pretty sure that LL doesn't weaken mental function, so..

Is this a possibility?

3inches

• Visitor
Re: Limb lengthening + going back to school
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:15:52 AM »

Hi all! So I'm a rising sophomore at an American university. I've considered doing LL surgery in Russia with Dr. Barinov/Bagirov on my tibias with the aim of lengthening about 6-7cm total from a starting height of 167cm. The thing is, if I'm to do this surgery, I'd like to be able to get back to school and function properly - Take several flights back to Russia post-lengthening/consolidation to remove the pins, but remain otherwise unsupervised and perform clicking, exercises, and other stuff on my own.

With that in mind, I'd like to perform the lengthening during winter break, so that's about four weeks of time for the lengthening. I'm aware that it's not a very flexible schedule I've got going, but I'd like to know if it's an option. The reason that I want to lengthen during winter break is that I'm on a full scholarship, and taking a leave of absence is at the moment not an option. Additionally, I'd have the benefit of recovering throughout the school year, and I'm pretty sure that LL doesn't weaken mental function, so..

Is this a possibility?

Having initially gone through LL with the same mentally, I would say forget about LL till you have 5-6 months to spare. Remember LL is a hard mental and physical game.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 10:44:19 AM »

Is this a possibility?

No, this will not work at all, speaking from experience.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 03:31:12 PM »

Yeah winter break is just not enough time.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 04:16:37 PM »

all LL patients seem to go through this teething process. even me.

people try to "bargain" with time itself. everyone keeps trying to fit LL into a slot for either work, school life, anything.

sadly after years all patients seem to realize that you just have to take off 1 year and do it with no time constraints.
or wait till school is over.

the bargaining is usually something like this scenario ................

1) I can do LL stay 2 weeks, and then fly back and lengthen in my own country. then return to _____ country and get intramedullary nails put in, in 3 months time, then return home again.

2) followed by: maybe I can lengthen in ______ country and then fly back after 3 months and consolidate at home to get back for work or school before break or holiday leave is over.

3) followed by: ill just realize that I need to just cancel/postpone all commitments and let my body take as long as it needs to.

this scenario does not cover how everyone thinks. but a great many people do go through these steps.

Pages: [1]   Go Up