Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My Proportions and possible lengthening  (Read 10498 times)

Shor7Guy

My Proportions and possible lengthening
« on: September 12, 2014, 03:38:00 AM »

I'm 168cm tall with a wingspan of 172cm with 18.3inch shoulders. I am a very good all around athlete and specially good at sprinting and a great parkour free runner. I would like to keep as much athletic ability as possible and I heard on this site that lengthening the humerus is the safest and most predictable limb to do so would be open to that too. Would it be impossible to get to 6 foot without losing athletic abilities? What is the maximum I can lengthen and still have a 100% recovery? I'm prepared to work my legs out like crazy and even go on roids before LL if this is what is necessary for a 100% recovery. Thanks! :)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: My Proportions and possible lengthening
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 04:39:38 AM »

It will be impossible for you to get to 6 feet tall without losing athletic abilities.  The maximum you can lengthen and have a 100% recovery is probably around 1 or 2 cm.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 04:53:36 AM »

I'm 168cm tall with a wingspan of 172cm with 18.3inch shoulders. I am a very good all around athlete and specially good at sprinting and a great parkour free runner. I would like to keep as much athletic ability as possible and I heard on this site that lengthening the humerus is the safest and most predictable limb to do so would be open to that too. Would it be impossible to get to 6 foot without losing athletic abilities? What is the maximum I can lengthen and still have a 100% recovery? I'm prepared to work my legs out like crazy and even go on roids before LL if this is what is necessary for a 100% recovery. Thanks! :)

The safe limit is said to be around 5-6 cm, and many doctors support this conclusion. if you lengthen within this limit you arent likely to notice any loss of athletic ability unless you get some severe complications or if you are an elite athlete. If you decide to lengthen more than the safe limit, then the risks of permanently losing a very noticeable ammount of athletic ability becomes significantly higher, but it depends on the individual of course.

Overdozer

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 05:17:45 AM »

I'm 168cm
humerus so would be open to that too
get to 6 foot
100% recovery
What an appetite! Haha, that's what a nurse said, when I told her my lengthening plans. It seems that every newbie thinks that LL is a walk in the park, lol, like, whatever guys, just tell me if I can recover to 100% and I'll do it. Well, what can I say, if you're really concerned about your athletic abilities, you probably don't want to lengthen anything at all. First of all, you'll be out of your life for at least 3 years - that's how long it takes to 'fully' recover after the first surgery. And then no one can really tell if you'll be back to 100% - I mean how do you even measure that?

And you also want to use rods after LL and not before, lol, they should improve your bone healing and muscle recovery time. A few good steroid cycles combined with hGH and MCHC will probably cut your recovery time by half.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Shor7Guy

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 03:29:13 AM »

Thanks for the responses and reality check guys, when you say 4-5cm is the safest limit does that mean overall or on each limb? I would have thought it would be better to do 4-5 on each leg to maintain proportions for running with the same motion instead of adjusting, right? Again thanks for your time :)

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 04:02:13 PM »

don't use steroids after LL for healing. HGH is much better.

steroids will give you a greater risk for ligament damage.
most steroids dry out the ligaments. 

Temoc

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »

What an appetite! Haha, that's what a nurse said, when I told her my lengthening plans. It seems that every newbie thinks that LL is a walk in the park, lol, like, whatever guys, just tell me if I can recover to 100% and I'll do it. Well, what can I say, if you're really concerned about your athletic abilities, you probably don't want to lengthen anything at all. First of all, you'll be out of your life for at least 3 years - that's how long it takes to 'fully' recover after the first surgery. And then no one can really tell if you'll be back to 100% - I mean how do you even measure that?

And you also want to use rods after LL and not before, lol, they should improve your bone healing and muscle recovery time. A few good steroid cycles combined with hGH and MCHC will probably cut your recovery time by half.

3 years? lol, really? or do you mean like if you're an athlete? I'm a lazy sedentary person so I really don't care about athletic abilities at all, but I thought if you lengthened like 5cms you could be ok after 1 year and good to go after 2?

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »

3 years? lol, really? or do you mean like if you're an athlete? I'm a lazy sedentary person so I really don't care about athletic abilities at all, but I thought if you lengthened like 5cms you could be ok after 1 year and good to go after 2?
If you are lazy and wanting CLL you are doomed....start some yoga and build some leg muscle and triceps. ITS A MUST!! You will need flexibility and strength, otherwise you will get severe ballerina, and your legs will be severely atrophied!
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

Moubgf

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 03:45:50 PM »

If you are lazy and wanting CLL you are doomed....start some yoga and build some leg muscle and triceps. ITS A MUST!! You will need flexibility and strength, otherwise you will get severe ballerina, and your legs will be severely atrophied!

You are doomed anyway man. You think building muscle is gonna do anything but make it worse?. Stretching bigger muscles must hurt way more than standard walking muscles. Also lazyness as nothing to do with LL Pre operation. It is under the time you are lengthening THEN you are not suppost to be lazy and up and walking and doing painfull stuff.

Stretching is the most important. You should be able to touch your head on your leg while sitting down.

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »

You are doomed anyway man. You think building muscle is gonna do anything but make it worse?. Stretching bigger muscles must hurt way more than standard walking muscles. Also lazyness as nothing to do with LL Pre operation. It is under the time you are lengthening THEN you are not suppost to be lazy and up and walking and doing painfull stuff.

Stretching is the most important. You should be able to touch your head on your leg while sitting down.

This isn't true at all. All the work you've done pre-LL is a going to help for max. 1 week. The only thing that's important is being a non-smoker, everything else is unimportant.

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 06:36:25 PM »

I stretched like 3 months everyday for at least 30min and as soon as I started lengthening my foot dropped, it didn't help AT ALL.  So I definitely know what I'm talking about.  Stretch as much as you want, waste your time like I did.  I can walk perfectly 7 months post OP 6cm tibia LL with exfix.

edited: argument

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:52:52 PM by Admin »

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 06:49:01 PM »

do you find that 7cm is pushing the limit? Btw have a nice recovery man! :)

edited: quote
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:53:59 PM by Admin »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 08:02:36 PM »

do you find that 7cm is pushing the limit? Btw have a nice recovery man! :)

edited: quote

Sweden lengthened 7 cm and he's said more than once that he should have stopped at 6. I think 7 cm is a bit much for tibias.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 08:18:39 PM »

Sweden lengthened 7 cm and he's said more than once that he should have stopped at 6. I think 7 cm is a bit much for tibias.
we LL see, Sweden understands how I feel about the 180 mark xd

Moubgf

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 03:00:03 PM »

Well sweden is the one with 7 cm increase in tibia you aint so wassup.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »

Sweden also went with Dr. Sarin, which is the ll equivalent of shooting yourself in the knee with a shotgun.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

atmika

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 07:27:05 AM »

Iam 152 cm  .can I lengthen 8 cm..or will it make my body too disproportionate

ReadRothbard

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 03:02:57 PM »

That depends; are you a woman?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

endomorphisme

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 03:42:16 PM »

it's actually impossible to recover all your athletic abilities, and the more you lenghten the less you will recover.
and 15 cm is just madness, you will have health problems later, i'm thinking in particular of postural problems and arthritis.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »

it's actually impossible to recover all your athletic abilities, and the more you lenghten the less you will recover.
and 15 cm is just madness, you will have health problems later, i'm thinking in particular of postural problems and arthritis.

Ok, no offense, but I'm sick and tired of people making these bull  claims. What evidence do you have? I mean, seriously. I'm quoting Dr. Paley, whom says 6.5 cm in the tibias and 8 cm in the femurs allow for complete athletic recovery. Whom are you citing?

Future space tycoon

Morgenst.

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »

Ok, no offense, but I'm sick and tired of people making these bullcrap claims. What evidence do you have? I mean, seriously. I'm quoting Dr. Paley, whom says 6.5 cm in the tibias and 8 cm in the femurs allow for complete athletic recovery. Whom are you citing?
Mighty fine argument there sir *tips hat*

ReadRothbard

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 09:04:25 PM »

Sarcasm or serious?

Future space tycoon

endomorphisme

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 09:51:11 PM »

Ok, no offense, but I'm sick and tired of people making these bullcrap claims. What evidence do you have? I mean, seriously. I'm quoting Dr. Paley, whom says 6.5 cm in the tibias and 8 cm in the femurs allow for complete athletic recovery. Whom are you citing?

and what evidences do dr paley have?
If he did not allow  patients to lenghten as  much as they wish (ie more than they should do)do you think people who want to do ll would still consider him (and he is a considered by alot since he is one of the most competent ll surgeon in the world)  ???
No they would just go with another doctor
I didn't find any studies that prove what i m saying or what dr paley says.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 11:22:44 PM »

I'm just going with Dr. Paley's recommendations because he probably has some of the most cosmetic ll experience of any doctor on the planet. If he says one can recover from 14.5 cm of lengthening, then I'm inclined to trust him. Do you know of anyone whom has lengthened that much (6.5 on tibias and 8 on femurs) and never recovered?

Future space tycoon

atmika

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 11:57:35 PM »

Yes

ReadRothbard

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 12:00:23 AM »

Who? There were probably other factors involved.

Future space tycoon

Morgenst.

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 12:37:11 AM »

Sarcasm or serious?
Serious.   i didn't think it sounded sarcastic when I typed it.. Anyways it's good to know Paley believes that. Makes me not feel so crazy About my goals

TomD

• Private
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 01:31:31 AM »

If Paley says so then I tend to believe him a lot more than gossip or hearsay. He is considered an expert in the field. I doubt he says its kosher as a sales pitch.

Smallguy

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 02:29:20 AM »

Hey RR, where is the direct quote or website? Just out of curiosity.

True. I also believe Dr. Paley is the best LL doctor in the world at the moment. He is a Canadian and was trained at a hospital which is just 2 hours away from where I grew up. I'm also currently under the supervision of another Canadian doctor who is also great.

But just to let you know. A good doctor is there for you for the initial surgery. You pay a premium price for someone who is less likely to attach your arteries incorrectly or place the rod at the wrong angle, and he may be there for consultation during your lengthening phase. But the bulk of the recovery fall on the individual patient. No matter how good the doctor is, he can't lift the weights for you or perform physiotherapy exercises that are necessary for your full recovery.

Just from a former LL patient who has made a ton of mistakes... a full recovery consists of 30% on a good doctor and 70% on the patient's recovery performance or willpower.

Yes

Crazy 6+ - obesity. Live with him for a month. Can't go to the washroom himself and had to get the helper to pull him. For all the time that he made Sukesh massage his feet, he could have raised them or do some sort of exercise that could have helped with his recovery.

Apothesis/Sysop/sysop - skilled in photoshop. Lack a good sense of humour. Take himself too seriously. Trying to audition to become a dinosaur for the upcoming moving Jurassic World on June 15, 2015.

Tall (salesman for Dr. M) - still suffers from arthritis but is now one of the tallest man living in Beverley Hill, California.

(obviously I don't know much about the last two patients and is just joking)
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 05:47:14 AM »

Hey RR, where is the direct quote or website? Just out of curiosity.

True. I also believe Dr. Paley is the best LL doctor in the world at the moment. He is a Canadian and was trained at a hospital which is just 2 hours away from where I grew up. I'm also currently under the supervision of another Canadian doctor who is also great.

But just to let you know. A good doctor is there for you for the initial surgery. You pay a premium price for someone who is less likely to attach your arteries incorrectly or place the rod at the wrong angle, and he may be there for consultation during your lengthening phase. But the bulk of the recovery fall on the individual patient. No matter how good the doctor is, he can't lift the weights for you or perform physiotherapy exercises that are necessary for your full recovery.

Just from a former LL patient who has made a ton of mistakes... a full recovery consists of 30% on a good doctor and 70% on the patient's recovery performance or willpower.

Crazy 6+ - obesity. Live with him for a month. Can't go to the washroom himself and had to get the helper to pull him. For all the time that he made Sukesh massage his feet, he could have raised them or do some sort of exercise that could have helped with his recovery.

Apothesis/Sysop/sysop - skilled in photoshop. Lack a good sense of humour. Take himself too seriously. Trying to audition to become a dinosaur for the upcoming moving Jurassic World on June 15, 2015.

Tall (salesman for Dr. M) - still suffers from arthritis but is now one of the tallest man living in Beverley Hill, California.

(obviously I don't know much about the last two patients and is just joking)

Lol on the descriptions, btw.

The problems with tall, Sysop, and Crazy +6 is that they hose bad doctors and lengthened too much per segment (not 6.5 tibias and 8 femurs).

Paley talks about athletic recovery in the third post: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=57.0

Future space tycoon

atmika

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 11:16:42 AM »

That depends; are you a woman?
yes iam a woman .will 8 cm will be too much to lengthen
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up