Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 12103 times)

Captain James

• Visitor
Introduce Yourself
« on: September 09, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the Limb Lengthening Forum but I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 20 yo male from the U.S.A. I am 5' 7" or 171 cm and have always felt very short. I have tried nearly everything from buying elevator shoes to wearing ridiculous lifts. I started with some very cheap Calden shoes (that looked like Frankenstein boots) and then found Don's Footwear. I now have 5 pairs of his shoes and have spent nearly $3k on them all. Dons looks great but it feels  ty to take them off at night and know that I'm basically "faking" it. I have a pair of the D'etna which is a 3 inch lift and I wear a 2 inch which hypothetically gets me to the mythical and magical 6 foot mark. That sounds great but after wearing them for longer than 30 minutes, my feet are in so much pain that I have to sit down.

When I was growing up, I kept hoping that I would suddenly get a growth spurt but it never happened. Senior year of high school was devastating. While many of my guy friends suddenly ballooned in height (5'10" and up), I was stuck down at the 5'7 mark. For some reason, it struck me how short I was by looking at my prom photos. I looked SO tiny compared to the other guys. It sucks! I really feel like gaining just 4 inches would make a world of difference for me.

I am seriously considering getting the LL done in 2015. Here are a couple of things that I'm thinking about:
  • Money My budget will be about $50,000 USD and I need that to include the actual surgery, PT, accommodation, food, etc.
  • Safety This should be pretty obvious to all of us. I'm hesitant about going to Russia, Ukraine, or Egypt because of the stories I hear about LLs gone tragically wrong. I don't want to be disfigured. Has anyone had any good experiences there?

I'm very excited to join this community and to start this LL process!
------
Current Height: 171 cm
Goal Height: 180 cm

vil0

• Visitor
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 10:18:53 PM »

You should cut down your goal, it is unrealistic to gain 19 cm, unless if you want to look like a spider.
sorry if i made you mad but it's the reality.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:34:50 PM »

Hi Captain!  I was in pretty much the same boat as you back in 2007.  I'm lucky I only spent about $1000 on height-increasing shoes before I decided to get LL though.  I went to China because Dr. Xia's team has a good track record and their price was within my budget.  I think India with Dr. Parihar or Shah would be your best bet if you want to lengthen both tibiae and femurs on that budget.  One of our members, Kilokahn, investigated those doctors quite thoroughly and is currently getting LL on his tibiae with Dr. Parihar.

I agree with vil0 though.  19cm is an awful lot to lengthen.  If I were you I'd stick to 12cm for a final height of 6'.

GeTs

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 10:51:47 PM »

You're just stereotyping what they say about Russia, thus far they're up with the most experienced doctors in this field if not the most, the only negative stories we'veard of is Iran I believe, but I wouldn't go in middle east/africa for this surgery either..
funny enough Russians invented this surgery

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 10:55:55 PM »

You're just stereotyping what they say about Russia, thus far they're up with the most experienced doctors in this field if not the most
+1 , btw I know that feel bro I was tall at 5'8 when I was 13.5 but after 1 year I realised I haven't grown, and then everybody started towering me.
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

Captain James

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 11:04:02 PM »

Thanks for the replies! I don't mean to stereotype Russian doctors (I'm sure most are quite competent) but I had heard different stories here and on the old forum.

I'm going to start researching Dr. Parihar.

What I'm thinking (and again, I am very new to this) is that I'll just get one bone done on each leg and try to get 8cm. If that goes well, then I'll consider getting the femur done.

Greek-Semidget- I hear ya bro! Did you grow any after that?
Hallijah- Got it! I'll definitely take another look at Russia.
Medium Drink- Howdy! Very cool! How was your LL experience?

Also- open ended question- I'm leaning towards the internal lengthening rod because it just seems "less messy". Is this a good way to go or not?
------

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »

Thanks for the replies! I don't mean to stereotype Russian doctors (I'm sure most are quite competent) but I had heard different stories here and on the old forum.

I'm going to start researching Dr. Parihar.

What I'm thinking (and again, I am very new to this) is that I'll just get one bone done on each leg and try to get 8cm. If that goes well, then I'll consider getting the femur done.

Greek-Semidget- I hear ya bro! Did you grow any after that?
Hallijah- Got it! I'll definitely take another look at Russia.
Medium Drink- Howdy! Very cool! How was your LL experience?

Also- open ended question- I'm leaning towards the internal lengthening rod because it just seems "less messy". Is this a good way to go or not?
16 now and no I haven't grown a mm hahahaha Jesus that sucks so bad ^_^

Taller

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 11:58:00 PM »

An internal rod will eat up all your budget in one LL procedure and you won't be able to do a second one unless you obtain more funds.

Lenor12

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 10:58:16 AM »

Hi all!

I'm living in Sweden (Göteborg) but I'm British. I'm currently just under 164cm and I'd want to gain 8-10cm  :) if I could do just the tibia that would be great but I'm betting my proportions would look off and it's safer to do maybe 5cm on both femur and the tibia. I'm just an average height for a girl but to be quite frank -  I hate it! I'm always in 4 inch heels and I love the confidence I get from them - just a shame they hurt my feet like hell!! Look good too but I can't super glue them to my feet unfortunately. I'm going to be working in a male dominated career in the future so I want to taken more seriously. Taller women get taken more seriously just as with men unfortunately.

It would be lovely to chat with anyone who's interested in going to Russia for LL  :)  I was thinking Dr. Barinov maybe.

GeTs

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »

What's up with all these Swedish people ? Must be a syndrome

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 03:21:36 PM »

Where all the Norwegians at?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

GeTs

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 03:26:46 PM »

Hi all!

I'm living in Sweden (Göteborg) but I'm British. I'm currently just under 164cm and I'd want to gain 8-10cm  :) if I could do just the tibia that would be great but I'm betting my proportions would look off and it's safer to do maybe 5cm on both femur and the tibia. I'm just an average height for a girl but to be quite frank -  I hate it! I'm always in 4 inch heels and I love the confidence I get from them - just a shame they hurt my feet like hell!! Look good too but I can't super glue them to my feet unfortunately. I'm going to be working in a male dominated career in the future so I want to taken more seriously. Taller women get taken more seriously just as with men unfortunately.

It would be lovely to chat with anyone who's interested in going to Russia for LL  :)  I was thinking Dr. Barinov maybe.
I know u're very determined, but do just one surgery on tibias, long tibias on women look good

G-Man

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 05:14:33 PM »

Hi all!

Hello Lenor and welcome to the forum!

If you have time and money I would suggest 5cm on femurs and 4cm on tibias to keep your proportions perfectly.  If you have to pick one, do tibs.

Lenor12

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 05:38:27 PM »

What's up with all these Swedish people ? Must be a syndrome

Because I feel a short arse in Sweden  ;) the average height is much taller. I think it's the country with the second tallest population after the Netherlands... could be wrong though.

Lenor12

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »

Hello Lenor and welcome to the forum!

If you have time and money I would suggest 5cm on femurs and 4cm on tibias to keep your proportions perfectly.  If you have to pick one, do tibs.

Hey! and thanks for the advice  :)  roughly how long are you in the frames for during the lengthening process? e.g. 4cm on tibs would mean how long in the frames?

endomorphisme

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 07:10:34 PM »

Hi, I'm french and i live in France, i'm 182-183 cm at night, my goal is 186 cm, i did  some calculations, and i think i could save 50 000 euros/65 000 usd or so within a few years.
Anyway, What would be the most appropriate approach, i read a few diaries but i am a bit lost...I ve got the impression i'm the only one who only want to gain a small amount of centimeters, most gain 10 centimeters.

I also have a few questions about LL
-does LL increase the risks of cardiovascular problems?
-What are the long term risks?
-what is the average height of people doing LL and how many undergo it each year?

thanks

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 08:10:26 PM »

Hi, I'm french and i live in France, i'm 182-183 cm at night, my goal is 186 cm, i did  some calculations, and i think i could save 50 000 euros/65 000 usd or so within a few years.
Anyway, What would be the most appropriate approach, i read a few diaries but i am a bit lost...I ve got the impression i'm the only one who only want to gain a small amount of centimeters, most gain 10 centimeters.

-what is the average height of people doing LL and how many undergo it each year?

thanks
Meh man, it has nothing they just broke your bones, insert and excert rides from your knees....Of course it has, that why it needs good pt, shoot for 5 CMS if you want to have any benefit from it.

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 08:18:02 PM »

Hey! and thanks for the advice  :)  roughly how long are you in the frames for during the lengthening process? e.g. 4cm on tibs would mean how long in the frames?

About 6 months.

Captain James

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 09:24:31 PM »

\

thanks

Bonjour! You're starting at 180 cm?  That's basically my goal! One of the interesting things about this community is how everyone feels about different heights as related to their culture and background. Just fascinating!
------

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 09:41:11 PM »

thanks

I imagine finding a surgeon who will do LL on you being really hard. Have talked to any? Would be interested in it!

Because 99% of orthopedic surgeons won't even do LL on people who are around 160cm.

endomorphisme

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 10:50:12 PM »

@123
on Guichets website, you will find several accounts, one of his patient went from 178 to 183 cm.
He is the only one who perform "cosmetic" LL in France.

G-Man

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »

programdude saw a tall patient at Paley as well.  I think most of the doctors will do ll for taller people as well if your reasons seem good enough and you are really motivated.

GeTs

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 11:01:41 PM »

programdude saw a tall patient at Paley as well.  I think most of the doctors will do ll for taller people as well if your reasons seem good enough and you are really motivated.
bull***t , as long as you have money and follow their instructions during lengthening they will accept you

G-Man

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 11:25:08 PM »

Loll, you do need a consultation with the doc,  they sure will ask you more questions when they see a taller person wanting LL.

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 11:32:07 PM »

bull***t , as long as you have money and follow their instructions during lengthening they will accept you

Lol, well what you are saying it's bull . But it seems like there are docs who do CLL on anyone who wants it, didn't know that, the more you learn...

G-Man

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 11:41:52 PM »

Actually Dr. Franz has a limit of 1m65, I don't know if it changed but hes one of the rare doctors that have a height limit.  I think that some doctors that Kilo saw in India seem reluctant as well but not closed to the idea.

So I guess money talks!

Bruno Mars

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 12:34:09 AM »

thanks
A big WTF for you my friend :o :o :o :o You will save for money for 2-3 years just to gain 3 more cm??? you can use that money to buy a nice car or something man.... I cannot understand you guys who are 6' and want to break your bone???? I guarantee you will never do it. You just join this forum with a fantasy of getting to your friend's height. Plus unlike Sweden or Germany, French average height is among the lowest of Europe. i have seen many short French men. Je ne comprend pas, mon ami...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:21:13 AM by Bruno Mars »

G-Man

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 01:06:34 AM »

thanks

Salut mec, en forme?

-Well, you won't have enough money for Guichet nail.
-You could afford Precice with Dr. Franz but that nail seems to have malfunctioning problems too often for my taste.  If theres a problem while you're lengthening they have to pull it out and reinsert another one, all this thru your broken bone.  Also, Dr. Franz has a limit of 1m65.
The Fitbone nail seems to be as solid as an old car antenna and looks like one too.

Best bet is doing external tibs and if you have x-legs or bow legs it can be corrected at the same time.

endomorphisme

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 09:46:32 PM »

Quote from: G-Man
Salut mec, en forme?

-Well, you won't have enough money for Guichet nail.
-You could afford Precice with Dr. Franz but that nail seems to have malfunctioning problems too often for my taste.  If theres a problem while you're lengthening they have to pull it out and reinsert another one, all this thru your broken bone.  Also, Dr. Franz has a limit of 1m65.
The Fitbone nail seems to be as solid as an old car antenna and looks like one too.

Best bet is doing external tibs and if you have x-legs or bow legs it can be corrected at the same time.

Oui merci ça va bien :) et merci pour ton aide.
J'ai vu que tu parlais français, donc j'en profite pour te répondre en français.
Je pense que je vais m'orienter vers un fixateur externe compte tenu de mon but, par contre, il me semble que les tarifs de Guichet ne dépassent pas les 50 000 euros, soit 65 000 dollars (1 euro = 1.29 dollar) du moins c'est ce que j'ai lu une faq.
Il semblerait qu'il n'y aient pas de barrières pour Guichet, il opère aussi bien sur des personnes de petites taille, que sur des personnes de taille moyenne voir un peu au dessus.

Le site  de JM Guichet:
http://www.leg-limb-stature-lengthening-taller-height-increase-cosmetic.eu/fr/indications%20esth%C3%A9tique%20&%20petite%20taille%20constitutionelle.php
Certains patients demandent un allongement pour des raisons professionnelles (pour entrer dans la Police, l'Armée, faire les défilés de mode (Mannequins), ou encore des Hommes d'Affaire souffrant d'être vus par dessus lors de réunions et lors des prises décisionnelles avec d'autres).

Ça répond donc à ta question, la plupart des mannequins font 1m85-88 donc à mon avis il y'a déjà eu des personnes autour d'1m78-80 qui ont fait cette opération.
Même constat pour les hommes d'affaires qui sont généralement assez grands: étant un futur ingénieur, mon travail consistera à mêler recherche et technico-commercial...

GeTs

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 10:08:11 PM »

Oui merci ça va bien :) et merci pour ton aide.
J'ai vu que tu parlais français, donc j'en profite pour te répondre en français.
Je pense que je vais m'orienter vers un fixateur externe compte tenu de mon but, par contre, il me semble que les tarifs de Guichet ne dépassent pas les 50 000 euros, soit 65 000 dollars (1 euro = 1.29 dollar) du moins c'est ce que j'ai lu une faq.
Il semblerait qu'il n'y aient pas de barrières pour Guichet, il opère aussi bien sur des personnes de petites taille, que sur des personnes de taille moyenne voir un peu au dessus.

Le site  de JM Guichet:
http://www.leg-limb-stature-lengthening-taller-height-increase-cosmetic.eu/fr/indications%20esth%C3%A9tique%20&%20petite%20taille%20constitutionelle.php
Ça répond donc à ta question, la plupart des mannequins font 1m85-88 donc à mon avis il y'a déjà eu des personnes autour d'1m78-80 qui ont fait cette opération.
Même constat pour les hommes d'affaires qui sont généralement assez grands: étant un futur ingénieur, mon travail consistera à mêler recherche et technico-commercial...
mais les mannequins font 183-188, si tu es 190 on te refusera immédiatement si on parle uniquement de taille, le visage est aussi important, donc on l'agencie peut t'aider seulement si tu as un visage unique ou vraiment beau

endomorphisme

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 10:36:22 PM »

@hallijah

During models'parade or photo shoot, they have to be the same height, because no one's head should ever be higher or lower than any other models.
If you're taller than 190 cm or shorter than 183 cm, then you don't stand a chance, whether you're very good looking or not and in fact, agencies have very rigid requirements for the models, height is not the only one of course.
Moreover, there are a lot of candidates, whom i believe, are atleast 183 cm and good looking, so someone who is slighty shorter than 183 cm, even by 2 or 3 cm, will be rejected because the concurrence is so strong.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up