Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Is COMPLETE recovery likely when doing 4 cm external?  (Read 17251 times)

Uppland

Is COMPLETE recovery likely when doing 4 cm external?
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:29:48 PM »

Hi some of you may have seen my recent introductionary thread. It's still going, thanks for that you seem like great guys.

Anyway I think maybe the perils of lenghtening my legs can be endured if I play my cards right. I'm 178-179 might grow to 180-181 considering lenghtening 4-5 cm to minimize risks and keep my proportions nice and natural. I've got the money, the time and hopefully the strenght/ courage to suffer through it.

What I don't have is the will to change the rest of my life after the surgery. I want to be able to forget, move on and leave it behind me when I'm done. So what I'm asking is, even if the recovery time is 2 or 3 years, is it likely that it won't impact my life at all after a couple of years (aside from being taller) will I have any disadvantages to someone born that height?

Realize it's very individual but thought you veterans might give me some more insight. I'm generally very healthy, never had skeletal issues but never had any real trauma before either. Obviously I would do anything and everything to keep myself safe. Reasearch doctors, methods, proportions, drugs etc.

Moubgf

Re: Is COMPLETE recovery likely when doing 4 cm external?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 04:30:22 PM »

another average height dude on this forum? whats going on. Is average height gonna become 6'1 now or what.. jessus,,,

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »

You might end up having pain in your legs for the rest of your life during cold weather or when it's about to rain. Can be very annoying. If you do LON in your tibias you could also end up with chronic knee pain. It's possible you can get permanent numbness in certain parts of your leg as well as other complications you'll have to live with. Limb lengthening is a gamble.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 05:21:29 PM »

I don't know why people ask this so much, if your doc does everything fine then you will be completely healed after a certain time. So just need to find a good doctor. I bet there are a lot of very good orthopedics in Sweden who could do external tibia lengthening with a Taylor Spatial Frame on you. It won't cost a lot because you will only have to pay for the operation + 1 week hospital + the consultations until the frames are off again.

You just need to find one who will do leg lengthening on a person who is almost 180cm. Will be hard I guess... 

GeTs

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 06:20:45 PM »

You might end up having pain in your legs for the rest of your life during cold weather or when it's about to rain. Can be very annoying. If you do LON in your tibias you could also end up with chronic knee pain. It's possible you can get permanent numbness in certain parts of your leg as well as other complications you'll have to live with. Limb lengthening is a gamble.
although it sounds bearable it will be very annoying

Wannabegiant

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

I don't know why people ask this so much, if your doc does everything fine then you will be completely healed after a certain time. So just need to find a good doctor. I bet there are a lot of very good orthopedics in Sweden who could do external tibia lengthening with a Taylor Spatial Frame on you. It won't cost a lot because you will only have to pay for the operation + 1 week hospital + the consultations until the frames are off again.

You just need to find one who will do leg lengthening on a person who is almost 180cm. Will be hard I guess...

Yeah true they have the knowledge to do it in Sweden since they perform it on people who have leg length discrepancies. But im pretty sure they never allow if for cosmetic reasons, ie for height gain unless you are classified as a dwarf or something.

Uppland

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 06:33:47 PM »

Not allowed for sometic reasons in sweden. Totally unheard of and would probably not be covered by the state even if I could convince a doctor.
Healthcare in sweden generally hold a very high quality it would be expensive indeed.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 06:48:12 PM »

Not allowed for sometic reasons in sweden. Totally unheard of and would probably not be covered by the state even if I could convince a doctor.
Healthcare in sweden generally hold a very high quality it would be expensive indeed.

Never said it would be covered by the state, you would have to pay by yourself. And I don't think it's not allowed, I just think they don't see a reason for it but maybe you can persuade one. If a doc sees (with psychological evalution of course) that you need LL and that it would help you it is possible that one would do it. That's at least how it was in my case. But then again you're almost 180cm.

And it won't be over 40'000 € with the Taylor Spatial Frame, also speaking from expirience.

Shortie

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 06:59:58 PM »

180cm plus u mite grew and u are on this forum  ? Do u see a lot of 180cm guys here specially that young ? Go out enjoy ur life u are not short by any standard

endomorphisme

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 08:04:08 PM »

at 19 years old, your growth is done, i can provide studies, but you will (again) contradict them.

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 08:28:32 PM »

at 19 years old, your growth is done, i can provide studies, but you will (again) contradict them.

Got my growth plates checked doc said I have potential to grow a couple of cm in my spine. Not sure what that means figured 2 cm is the most I can hope for, perhaps some supplements might increase that chance.

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 08:31:55 PM »

Got my growth plates checked doc said I have potential to grow a couple of cm in my spine. Not sure what that means figured 2 cm is the most I can hope for, perhaps some supplements might increase that chance.

My doc told me the same, after I started lifting seriously and gaining 10kgs I was 3cm taller. So you can still grow, depends on how much you eat and excerise.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 08:32:46 PM »

That's an ortho's token response to those over 18 hoping for more growth. They hope it'll keep you content until you just give up on the prospect of more growth. The chance of growing more at that age without some type of hormonal mutation is nil.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Uppland

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 08:36:24 PM »

That's an ortho's token response to those over 18 hoping for more growth. They hope it'll keep you content until you just give up on the prospect of more growth. The chance of growing more at that age without some type of hormonal mutation is nil.

Really? That's rough would you say it's worth it to try and stimulate growth? I would feel bad if I thought I might have had the chance but squandered it.

Polycrates.

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 08:40:20 PM »

I should have said that growth beyond 18 is the rare exception, not the rule. Whenever someone hears this they hold out hope, but it seldom ever occurs. I held hope for this as well and never experienced growth. None of my friends grew beyond 18. What I've seen that can give you extra height is improving your core strength to straighten your spine. I've seen people appear an inch taller after getting fit because of the improved posture they gain.
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Uppland

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 09:17:34 PM »

Well if I don't get to 180 I'll most likely do the surgery. Being below 180 in sweden is no way to be.

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »

Well if I don't get to 180 I'll most likely do the surgery. Being below 180 in sweden is no way to be.

Like the 2cm will make such a huge difference...

Uppland

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 09:45:29 PM »

It does my goal is 187 cm so every milimeter counts. The less trauma for my poor innocent skeleton the better.

Taller

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 10:04:37 PM »

If you're 179 now and do 4CM on eac leg segment, you will *probably* make a full recovery and look great, while hitting your goal of 187CM. I am almost sure that I am going to do 4+4CM myself. It's just a matter of figuring out where, how, and when to start. I am probably going to do my tibiae first, but may go for cross lengthening if I decide to do external femurs.

GeTs

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 10:32:20 PM »

it is

G-Man

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 10:46:29 PM »

It does, if I was 2cm taller I probably would have never taken LL into consideration.

Uppland

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:51 PM »

It does, if I was 2cm taller I probably would have never taken LL into consideration.

How tall are you g-man?

Also "G-man" is from Half-Life right? Love that game(s).

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 11:21:44 PM »

Do some yoga and swimming then. Would be better than LL. I don't know man, I have feeling you guys are really weird. No one except you will notice 2cm difference, it starts at 4-5 cm...

But I guess live and let live...

endomorphisme

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »

yoga, swimming, hanging, stretching, whatever...won't help you at all, don't expect more than 5 mimilimeters

G-Man

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 12:27:08 AM »

How tall are you g-man?

Also "G-man" is from Half-Life right? Love that game(s).

179.3cm, G-Man is a nickname for government men with suits, like in Men In Black.  In my case it is because I'll go with Dr. G with his G-Nail. ;)

Uppland

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 02:28:32 PM »

Pretty much my height then. Why did you choose an internal nail?
I don't know much about this surgery yet but I got the feeling from wannabegiant that external was easier on the knees.

Also if anyone in here has done LL and ended up with aching knees how bad is the pain?
Is it constant or appears under certain conditions?
Is it a hindrance in everyday life or more an annoyance?

Polycrates.

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 02:50:17 PM »

My knees were really bad right after frame removal. For two months after they were too sore to kneel on or bend over. Now I can walk on my knees on hard concrete as if they were never touched. I'm fortunate that I have no knee problems. All of my problems reside in the ankles. They are fked.

crimsontide

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »

all these ankle issues....   has to be  related to  tight achilles, soft tissue....    my ankles were killing me before my achilles lengthening

Uppland

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 03:08:24 PM »

Never had ankle issues maybe I'll dodge that one -or maybe not.
Did your doctor say what might have caused it?

Polycrates.

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »

The cause is obvious. Excessive lengthening without combating ballerina.... I can't blame my doctor for that one. It's my fault for not standing enough. 

Uppland

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 03:50:12 PM »

You were basically my height lenghtened 6 cm and still had problems -I really gotta think this through.
Is it drastically different to lenghten 4 rather 6 cm?
You're sure your problems could have been avoided?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up