Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G-nail  (Read 873 times)

Chocolatechunk

G-nail
« on: September 10, 2024, 04:22:47 AM »

How long does it take to walk at a semi-solid pace out in public when using g-nail. With precise 2 patients being able to walk within 6ish months (even if it’s with a wobble) I would assume a weight bearing nail like G-nail would enable patients to walk even with a gait within like 4-5 months. Is this realistic?

jbfjbj4

Re: G-nail
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2024, 02:11:51 PM »

My experience: 4 months to finish lengthening, was cleared to walk without crutches 2 months after that but by no means was I walking 'normally'. Probably looking at another 3 months after that before the average guy on the street wouldn't be able to tell anything was up.

I was a slow lengthener, certainly there were guys who finished up in 3 months on that part. 4 months is probably unrealistic tbh unless you're not going to lengthen much. 5 months seems doable but I strongly recommend don't go into this with fixed timescales that absolutely must be met. Recovery rates varied quite a bit when I was there, as did lengthening rates per day.

I want 8,07 cm

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2024, 02:20:28 PM »

My experience: 4 months to finish lengthening, was cleared to walk without crutches 2 months after that but by no means was I walking 'normally'. Probably looking at another 3 months after that before the average guy on the street wouldn't be able to tell anything was up.

I was a slow lengthener, certainly there were guys who finished up in 3 months on that part. 4 months is probably unrealistic tbh unless you're not going to lengthen much. 5 months seems doable but I strongly recommend don't go into this with fixed timescales that absolutely must be met. Recovery rates varied quite a bit when I was there, as did lengthening rates per day.
Hi do you have a diary?

jbfjbj4

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2024, 07:56:28 PM »

Hi do you have a diary?

Nah, wouldn't really have been much of interest in it anyway as there were no real complications. Which isn't to say the process was easy by any means, but I had a very 'standard' experience.

I want 8,07 cm

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2024, 09:03:35 PM »

Nah, wouldn't really have been much of interest in it anyway as there were no real complications. Which isn't to say the process was easy by any means, but I had a very 'standard' experience.
Which one device do you use? Betzbone? I would like more info about patients

jbfjbj4

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2024, 03:43:32 PM »

Which one device do you use? Betzbone? I would like more info about patients

It was gnail
Pages: [1]   Go Up