Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How is your dating life if you're 5'8+  (Read 2477 times)

curiousLurker

• Visitor
How is your dating life if you're 5'8+
« on: September 05, 2024, 03:16:12 PM »

This question is for anyone who has done limb lengthening to become 5'8+ or is already at that height.

Do you feel desirable at this height?

heightiseverything

• I am going to lengthen 28 cm over the years.
Re: How is your dating life if you're 5'8+
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2024, 05:05:43 PM »

5’8 as a man isn’t desirable anywhere in the world.

I want 8,07 cm

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2024, 06:13:07 PM »

At 5'8 and with shoes that make you 4cm taller, with a toned physique, a chin and a masculine look, I think you can have a satisfying love life. It should not be overlooked that attitude is very important. I am now 5'8 but I want to reach 5'11 🙏🏼 if all goes well in July of next year.

timmythehand

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2024, 04:18:29 AM »

You'd be surprised. I'm 5 8.5- 5 9 (when I stretch and hang more consistently) and that's in the mornings, so realistically 5 8 most of the time. With solid footwear (not lifts) being lean and muscular, and a solid haircut/grooming and confidence + posture, I do just fine. Occasionally ill get turned down by superficial types, but I've had plenty of girlfriends(they just live in another town, you don't know them lol). But being real, it doesn't matter much. I've considered LL for other reasons, but that isn't relevant to the discussion. My point is: before doing any LL, Hit the gym, groom yourself, grow your genuine confidence, and develop social skills. You might be surprised what you find. I just saw a 5 5 or 5 6 guy the other day with a 5 9-5 11 girl (didn't get to judge exactly) who was cute as hell and seemed genuinely happy talking with him

I want 8,07 cm

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2024, 05:10:55 AM »

You'd be surprised. I'm 5 8.5- 5 9 (when I stretch and hang more consistently) and that's in the mornings, so realistically 5 8 most of the time. With solid footwear (not lifts) being lean and muscular, and a solid haircut/grooming and confidence + posture, I do just fine. Occasionally ill get turned down by superficial types, but I've had plenty of girlfriends(they just live in another town, you don't know them lol). But being real, it doesn't matter much. I've considered LL for other reasons, but that isn't relevant to the discussion. My point is: before doing any LL, Hit the gym, groom yourself, grow your genuine confidence, and develop social skills. You might be surprised what you find. I just saw a 5 5 or 5 6 guy the other day with a 5 9-5 11 girl (didn't get to judge exactly) who was cute as hell and seemed genuinely happy talking with him
I hate having to modify the bottom of my pants 😂

jbfjbj4

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2024, 09:31:22 AM »

My point is: before doing any LL, Hit the gym, groom yourself, grow your genuine confidence, and develop social skills. You might be surprised what you find

Typical normie fallacy that you can only do one thing at once.

You need to be doing all that AND get taller, just like you need to both shower and brush your teeth, you don't get to pick one or the other.

Also, 'confidence' is a result of positive social feedback which is hard to come by as a manlet, and 'social skills' have a large genetic component too. Irrespective, even if you do believe such things can be 'improved' (which I don't, but it's not relevant really), then you'd STILL be better off doing that AND gaining some height.

sxxa

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2024, 03:34:20 PM »

This question is for anyone who has done limb lengthening to become 5'8+ or is already at that height.

I'm 1.74 and to be honest I haven't faced any problem with girls. I'm not a bad looking guy, I'm fit, and I have had several relationships until I got married. I'm 35, my head is full of hair and I overall I"m decent looking. So... I must say I still feel that strange emptiness or disncomfort with my appearence and height. I try to use boots with high soles and nobody notice that Im short. So the things are in your head mostly.
174 morning height
172 at night.

I want 8,07 cm

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2024, 04:43:47 PM »

I'm 1.74 and to be honest I haven't faced any problem with girls. I'm not a bad looking guy, I'm fit, and I have had several relationships until I got married. I'm 35, my head is full of hair and I overall I"m decent looking. So... I must say I still feel that strange emptiness or disncomfort with my appearence and height. I try to use boots with high soles and nobody notice that Im short. So the things are in your head mostly.
So my question is what are you doing on this forum?

Body Builder

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2024, 05:11:26 PM »

5.8 is the border for a normal dating life, at least in the 90% of world.
Of course, the taller you are than that, the best, but still a good looking or with built body 5.8 man will have more success than an ugly 6ft one. That won't happen most of the times if you are less than 5.7.

So 5.8 is where the height is not a problem, at least major one, and women will see.your other traits. Of course it is not enough to become a bemefit but still not a crucial drawback.

Ted68

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2024, 07:01:19 PM »

It depends of the country.
In Holland, Denmark and Norway you are short.
In the rest of Europe, US and Australia you are on the edge.
In SE Asia you are above average...

Anyhow, women likes tall men, no matter the country women belongs.
I travel between Europe and north-America and i felt myself short at 1.71m.
In SE Asia i felt ok overall, but every day l met other tall white guys... so same problem finally.

If you are not 6' tall you are not confident, even though you think you are handsome ... period !

But, if you have no money for surgery, buy these shoes special for dating:

https://www.topoutshoes.com/classic-6-inch-taller-men-shoes-hidden-heel-lift-formal-tuxedo-shoes-increase-height-15-cm

The problem with them is that you must wear it in ALL the moments you are with your girl, including in the shower room !   ;D ;D
My adventure, Precice-quad with dr. Gokhan Bilgili:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=84914.0

I want 8,07 cm

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2024, 07:29:28 PM »

In SE Asia i felt ok overall, but every day l met other tall white guys... so same problem finally.

If you are not 6' tall you are not confident, even though you think you are handsome ... period !

https://www.topoutshoes.com/classic-6-inch-taller-men-shoes-hidden-heel-lift-formal-tuxedo-shoes-increase-height-15-cm

The problem with them is that you must wear it in ALL the moments you are with your girl, including in the shower room !   ;D ;D
Hey Ted68 how is the callus with your tibias. Better?

Ted68

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2024, 08:13:44 PM »

Hey Ted68 how is the callus with your tibias. Better?

Hi, man...
The callus builds veeeery slow. In few weeks i will do a new set of x-rays...

Thank you for asking
My adventure, Precice-quad with dr. Gokhan Bilgili:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=84914.0

curiousLurker

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2024, 09:25:59 PM »

Thanks for the honest perspectives everyone.

I myself am 5’5, and while I’ve had plenty of dating experiences in the past and have not had much trouble attracting women, I still feel like it has been a challenging endeavor.

Unfortunately I already have long legs for my height, so I think if I get this procedure I would stop at 3 inches & be satisfied to meet the baseline of normal.

Body Builder

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2024, 10:42:22 PM »

These shoes are monstrosities. No sane woman would date a man who wears this garbages, no matter his height.

curiousLurker

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2024, 12:52:56 AM »

These shoes are monstrosities. No sane woman would date a man who wears this garbages, no matter his height.

yeah i have no idea what this guy is thinking suggesting these shoes to anyone lol.

heightiseverything

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2024, 05:12:48 AM »

yeah i have no idea what this guy is thinking suggesting these shoes to anyone lol.

I strongly believe it was a satire…

I want 8,07 cm

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2024, 08:07:06 AM »

Who in their right mind is going to put on those aircraft carriers?

Body Builder

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2024, 10:31:49 AM »

I strongly believe it was a satire…
Maybe it was.
There are good looking elevator shoes though which can give you 5-6cm height.
I wore some of them before LL. Now only some 2cm insoles in my normal shoes.

he-man

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2024, 11:04:56 AM »

thats like someone who is very ugly and insecure would say

sxxa

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2024, 11:50:08 AM »

So my question is what are you doing on this forum?

1.74 is still short bud.
174 morning height
172 at night.

Body Builder

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2024, 06:05:25 PM »

1.74 is still short bud.
It is not, at least in countries where the average is less than 1.80 (90%+ of the world).
It is shorter than average but not short. Short is at least 6-7cm less than average. In most west countries average height for men is about 1.77-78. So to be considered short you must be less than 1.70-71. For sure with 1.74 you are not shot, unless we talk about Scandinavia etc.

AAAAA

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2024, 07:39:38 PM »

At 5'8"" you are starting with a great disadvantage, it's pretty much not ideal in most of the world. You will be overlooked most of the time or friendzoned. I am 183-185cm and it's all right, but not desirable. The taller you are, the better and I believe that holds true to about 201cm and after that you get diminishing returns, unless your a strongman, basketball player, etc
Starting Height: ~183cm
Goal Height: ~200cm
Surgery date: 2026

RandomDude

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2024, 08:51:45 PM »

At 5'8"" you are starting with a great disadvantage, it's pretty much not ideal in most of the world. You will be overlooked most of the time or friendzoned. I am 183-185cm and it's all right, but not desirable. The taller you are, the better and I believe that holds true to about 201cm and after that you get diminishing returns, unless your a strongman, basketball player, etc

You’re 6 foot, it’s literally the magic number. Height is not the issue for you, not even in the tallest countries.

Diminishing returns already start around 170 cm and after 6 foot the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. Doing this surgery at your height is madness, honestly..

AAAAA

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2024, 09:24:58 PM »

My height really isnt anything special, it is way over-rated. Yeah it is more optimal than the shorter heights, but still significantly below the ideal. When it comes to dating the most ideal height IMO is about 201cm, when we are talking about getting the surgery I believe for the most part the starting height before surgery for 99.99% of people when dimishing returns really start to take affect is around 196cm. There might be a few very rare cases where they could still benefit being taller, but those would be outliers.

183cm is clearly not as beneficial as many may think. My dating life would definitely be improved being significantly taller, as I have actually tested it out with shoe lifts.

sxxa

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2024, 10:11:28 PM »

It is not, at least in countries where the average is less than 1.80 (90%+ of the world).
It is shorter than average but not short. Short is at least 6-7cm less than average. In most west countries average height for men is about 1.77-78. So to be considered short you must be less than 1.70-71. For sure with 1.74 you are not shot, unless we talk about Scandinavia etc.

It all depends but I think of myself as a short person.
174 morning height
172 at night.

heightiseverything

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2024, 10:57:01 PM »

My height really isnt anything special, it is way over-rated. Yeah it is more optimal than the shorter heights, but still significantly below the ideal. When it comes to dating the most ideal height IMO is about 201cm, when we are talking about getting the surgery I believe for the most part the starting height before surgery for 99.99% of people when dimishing returns really start to take affect is around 196cm. There might be a few very rare cases where they could still benefit being taller, but those would be outliers.

183cm is clearly not as beneficial as many may think. My dating life would definitely be improved being significantly taller, as I have actually tested it out with shoe lifts.

Can I ask where you are from? If you are from Northern Europe, then I agree with you 183 cm is around average and nothing special. To stand out you have to be at least 1SD above average.

If you have the surgery within max safe limits, you will be around 198 cm which is an ideal height in my opinion, it is definitely worth it.

Body Builder

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2024, 11:14:13 PM »

Nothing will.change in your dating, at least positive. Because if your LL goes bad you will end up another crippled guy who did LL for no reason.

AAAAA

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2024, 11:27:17 PM »

I am from California, USA. I live in a large city so the dating scene is extremely competitive. Most of the women I have talked to has said 183cm is subpar, 193cm is acceptably, and 201cm is the golden height

I want 8,07 cm

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2024, 02:52:08 AM »

I am from California, USA. I live in a large city so the dating scene is extremely competitive. Most of the women I have talked to has said 183cm is subpar, 193cm is acceptably, and 201cm is the golden height
If you lived in Pandora I would understand, but it seems that if at 183 you don't have a full love life and confidence through the roof, then your problem is more than just height. I would dare say that you are a very shy person with little self-esteem.

Metaphyglv

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2024, 05:52:21 AM »

If you lived in Pandora I would understand, but it seems that if at 183 you don't have a full love life and confidence through the roof, then your problem is more than just height. I would dare say that you are a very shy person with little self-esteem.
My dude doesn't even get out from his house and his reel algorithm learned to show him only and just only those satire video memes about girls saying any man under 6'5 is not even a man but a girl.
Go to touch some grass my californian friend, and hit the gym ofc

JON SNOW

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2024, 06:41:52 AM »

I'm sorry but you are hallucinating, you are average even in the Netherlands. 201cm is not ideal for cars, planes, bed, clothes, etc etc

Even dating, you would be discarded by a good percentage of women, only for those women who have a strong height fetish would be positive, 201cm is freak-ish territory

You honestly have an altered perception of reality. I have no doubt that you had a better perception of interaction with shoe lifts.

BUT I could bet, it was because you were much more confident, without that monkey on your shoulder. Don't generally say this on this forum, and I don't mean to be rude, but you would benefit from a mental health consultation.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up