Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Betzbone or Precise?  (Read 4949 times)

Chocolatechunk, way2short and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

heightiseverything

• I am going to lengthen 28 cm over the years.
Re: Betzbone or Precise?
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2024, 05:20:34 PM »

Fine u r correct you are true u can lengthen 16 cm  by two surgeries in the femurs
But no one have done it before maybe patients with actual high  dwarfism
So go and do the 16 cm and make a diary I would like to find how will you do
If you didn’t get complications and started walking good
I will do the same
But we have a problem who is the surgeon in the world who will do that for you
And if he accepted will you feel safe in his hands
Lmfoa
+ u will remove a nail and then insert it again at the same bone femur if u done precice or betz
But if you did externals the will be removed then after a year back again

(Lon and lizarov too) you will be having more and more nails getting outside and inside your bone

All this trauma in your bones for something u can avoid by just doing another 8 in the tibia this 8 is considered for many surgeons as impossible done in one go
Cuz the Achilles tendon and  u break 2 bones :tibia and febula

But for many other surgeons it is possible and way better to do 4 cm in tibia after a year do another 4
You well get complications but not that bad
So thats 8 from tibia
Come back and do the femur u can do the 8 in one go
Or divide it as you wish

Lengthening only from one bone 16 cm is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of

Just to let u know
The body contains cells a group of cells makes tissues
Tissues make an  organ  and organs work in systems
The systems  work to maintain the body

U aren’t a bone only

You can find the right surgeon without telling him how much you are planning to lengthen. Most doctors allow you to operate on the same bone after it's consolidated from the first surgery. After the operation, only you decide how much you are going to lengthen. They can't do anything about it, it is your money and you paid for the full thing.

My goal is to do the first surgery in 2025 (assuming I've stopped growing), and then wait a year or so for consolidation till I am allowed to repeat. I am probably going to do this using Precice, as it is currently considered the safest. And yes, I am going to write a detailed scientific diary as my case should be of great importance to the LL community as a whole.

I am still researching the part on how soft tissues adapt to lengthening, and even though there aren't a lot of studies on that, I couldn't manage to find anything that refutes the claim that tissues can and do adapt. See this study, for example: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9167625/. However, we still need new studies for how well soft tissues adapt at larger lengthenings over 10+ cm.

Looks like I am the most determined person on this forum, after all lol.

Cll123

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2024, 05:44:31 PM »

Ok u paid for the first surgery
Then you consolidated which takes a 1.5-2years
U need to fully consolidate so that they can remove the precice nail
Then u removed the nail
Went to another doctor cuz the same one will probably refuse
U went to another one to plant a new precice nail again in your femur

All of that to get 16 cm from the femurs

u gonna pay the exact same amount for doing the femur and tibia and getting the 16 cm

And it will be safer

Work smart not hard

heightiseverything

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2024, 07:20:02 PM »

Ok u paid for the first surgery
Then you consolidated which takes a 1.5-2years
U need to fully consolidate so that they can remove the precice nail
Then u removed the nail
Went to another doctor cuz the same one will probably refuse
U went to another one to plant a new precice nail again in your femur

All of that to get 16 cm from the femurs

u gonna pay the exact same amount for doing the femur and tibia and getting the 16 cm

And it will be safer

Work smart not hard

Yeah if you are talking about me specifically, then yes. But I am talking about if someone also wants to repeat the same procedure on the tibias. Thus, theoretically it is possible to gain the maximum of 28 cm lengthening. 16 (8+8) cm femurs, 12 (6+6) cm tibias.

Body Builder

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2024, 10:42:12 PM »

Yeah if you are talking about me specifically, then yes. But I am talking about if someone also wants to repeat the same procedure on the tibias. Thus, theoretically it is possible to gain the maximum of 28 cm lengthening. 16 (8+8) cm femurs, 12 (6+6) cm tibias.
We are awaiting for.you to be the first man in the world to get 28cm of lengthening or at least 16cm on femurs.
Too bad it won't happen and you just keep posting here nonsense.

heightiseverything

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2024, 10:51:15 PM »

We are awaiting for.you to be the first man in the world to get 28cm of lengthening or at least 16cm on femurs.
Too bad it won't happen and you just keep posting here nonsense.

You seriously think no one has ever done 28 cm of lengthening? What about people with dwarfism on the Paley study? These people have done 25+ cm successfully, rendering your statement useless.

Given that I don’t have dwarfism in particular, I probably will be the first one with over 20 cm lengthening. And I can assure you it will happen as I refuse to live my life with regret, so don’t worry about this one.

Body Builder

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2024, 12:16:10 AM »

You seriously think no one has ever done 28 cm of lengthening? What about people with dwarfism on the Paley study? These people have done 25+ cm successfully, rendering your statement useless.

Given that I don’t have dwarfism in particular, I probably will be the first one with over 20 cm lengthening. And I can assure you it will happen as I refuse to live my life with regret, so don’t worry about this one.
We are talking about normal people, not dwarves.

Ok, I will await for seeing you achieving 20cm. Good luck with that.

Cll123

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2024, 11:37:38 AM »

I am waiting too
Plz if u did it make a diary I’ll support u as u go through
But trust me doing all of this it will take more effort and time at least  5-6years to be normal
And also money
+ good luck finding a reputable surgeon

Its your body do whatever u want with it but search before u do anything
And ask many surgeons if your plan is feasible without jeopardizing your health (I doubt that but I am not a doctor )

But trust me I don’t know your height but if you will reach the average height by doing 8 -16
No need to do more
Trust me
After reaching the average its all about different aspects not only height
Like personality and how successful are u in your life and career
How fit u are
All these things

Robert Adam

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2024, 11:55:20 AM »

You cannot extend one bone by 16 cm. You can extend the tibia by 4 cm and the femur by 4 cm, and after a minimum of a year, you can extend the tibia by 4 cm and the femur by 4 cm again.

heightiseverything

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2024, 02:19:30 PM »

You cannot extend one bone by 16 cm. You can extend the tibia by 4 cm and the femur by 4 cm, and after a minimum of a year, you can extend the tibia by 4 cm and the femur by 4 cm again.

The question is why would you stop lengthening at 4 cm, if the maximum safe amounts are 8 cm and 6 cm, respectively? The maximum you can gain is 28 cm from this surgery if you repeat that after a minimum of one year.

Body Builder

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2024, 08:40:17 PM »

The question is why would you stop lengthening at 4 cm, if the maximum safe amounts are 8 cm and 6 cm, respectively? The maximum you can gain is 28 cm from this surgery if you repeat that after a minimum of one year.
Then why not repeat it again after a hear and gain another 14cm? And then in another yeat for another 14cm? And get a total of 56cm?

Really, you can't be that stupid. You are trolling.

heightiseverything

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2024, 10:09:17 PM »

Then why not repeat it again after a hear and gain another 14cm? And then in another yeat for another 14cm? And get a total of 56cm?

Really, you can't be that stupid. You are trolling.

Again, I am not an idiot to argue for anything over 30 cm. Where have I done that? My analysis is based on the most probable maximum gain, and the highest anyone has done in two surgeries is around 30 cm for people with dwarfism, and 20 cm for people without (there is a guy on this forum who lengthened his femurs by 12 cm and some Apotheosis who lengthened 20 cm in total).

So if there are people who achieved these lengthenings, it IS possible. And if there are known cases of people achieving that in two surgeries, naturally the assumption is you can achieve the same lengthening (and slightly larger, but not exceeding the safe limits of 8 cm, 6-7 cm respectively on a single set) with four surgeries.

You can lengthen 20 cm without crippling yourself, see Apo case. It's just that you have to go slow with the lengthening. In fact you can lengthen more like many dwarfs do, like 30+ cm over several surgeries (for example, lengthen femurs by 7.5 cm, then in a year lengthen tibias by 7.5, then again do femurs 7.5 and finally tibs 7.5). You obviously don't want to lengthen that much because of body proportions.

Even yourself acknowledge that larger lengthenings are possible although doing so may result in higher complications:
It is achievable but you'll end up a cripple or someone with very limited functionality.
If someone does not want to walk again he could lengthen even 25 cm.

You may be overly skeptical because you haven't heard of anyone doing four surgeries without dwarfism, and that's perfectly ok someone has to be the first one, but it doesn't disprove anything I've written. If you think I am trolling, please refute my logic instead of resorting to assume I am not arguing in good faith, otherwise this discussion is pointless.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 10:35:37 PM by heightiseverything »

Robert Adam

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2024, 10:48:43 AM »

Your tendons, muscles and nerves will burst at 28 cm. You'll end up in a wheelchair.

heightiseverything

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2024, 02:26:00 PM »

Your tendons, muscles and nerves will burst at 28 cm. You'll end up in a wheelchair.

No, they won’t, I am giving enough time for them to adapt before undergoing additional surgery. Please provide any sources that soft tissues don’t adapt at higher lengthenings. If I was going to do that in a single surgery, it would be a problem. Yet I am waiting a whole year after consolidation to ensure my soft tissues heal completely. If they didn’t, I will have another release surgery.

I won’t back down at any point until I’ve done exactly 28 cm regardless of any complications and circumstances. I already have chronic pain and at this point I don’t care about any of that, for the rest of my life I wish to be tall and will do anything however long it takes to achieve that.

I want 8,07 cm

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2024, 02:39:25 PM »

Do it and them tell us. Dont waste your time saying what you want to do. But is too much

heightiseverything

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2024, 01:42:31 PM »

NO !... everything is different !

With clicking implants you suffer like crazy for every click... and are so many clicks !... With Precice is no pain. There are enough suffering and pain, so you don't need an extra pain to hate your life !... because that is happening with Betzbone/Gnail.

With clicking implants you cannot do reverse lengthen in case you need. For example in my case I needed to do back and forth for 20 days, so I did it because I have Precice !

Also, I know a person who got 9 cm with Betzbone and finally after 6 month of so much suffering... found they left him finish lengthening with 1.5cm discrepancy !... They didn't do the final measure and not even asked him to go to a special x-ray, CT or EOS to do the measuring...
So they just didn't care about it.... and this is malpractices  !

Hi, old thread but can you be more specific why clicking nails are much more painful than precise? Is that only because of the clicks or something else? And why are clicks painful to begin with?

way2short

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2024, 01:58:32 PM »

Again, I am not an idiot to argue for anything over 30 cm. Where have I done that? My analysis is based on the most probable maximum gain, and the highest anyone has done in two surgeries is around 30 cm for people with dwarfism, and 20 cm for people without (there is a guy on this forum who lengthened his femurs by 12 cm and some Apotheosis who lengthened 20 cm in total).

So if there are people who achieved these lengthenings, it IS possible. And if there are known cases of people achieving that in two surgeries, naturally the assumption is you can achieve the same lengthening (and slightly larger, but not exceeding the safe limits of 8 cm, 6-7 cm respectively on a single set) with four surgeries.

Even yourself acknowledge that larger lengthenings are possible although doing so may result in higher complications:
You may be overly skeptical because you haven't heard of anyone doing four surgeries without dwarfism, and that's perfectly ok someone has to be the first one, but it doesn't disprove anything I've written. If you think I am trolling, please refute my logic instead of resorting to assume I am not arguing in good faith, otherwise this discussion is pointless.
what about your wingspan?

heightiseverything

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2024, 03:32:42 PM »

what about your wingspan?

It’s 5’7. I don’t care about wingspan at all, and even if I did I’d lengthen my arms also.

way2short

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2024, 04:35:30 PM »

It’s 5’7. I don’t care about wingspan at all, and even if I did I’d lengthen my arms also.
Youre quite ınteresting, im standing at 5'7 with 5'9 wingspan and i would love to be not average but tall after LL too
I was thinking about pushing 10 cms in femurs lately

heightiseverything

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2024, 09:20:35 PM »

Youre quite ınteresting, im standing at 5'7 with 5'9 wingspan and i would love to be not average but tall after LL too
I was thinking about pushing 10 cms in femurs lately
Yeah, for 10 cm you don’t have to worry about wingspan at all, this only becomes somewhat a problem if someone lengthens over 15 cm

way2short

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2024, 06:58:10 AM »

Yeah, for 10 cm you don’t have to worry about wingspan at all, this only becomes somewhat a problem if someone lengthens over 15 cm
but i fear losing too much mobility after 10 cms, i dont see patients lengthening that much often

Body Builder

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2024, 07:17:21 AM »

but i fear losing too much mobility after 10 cms, i dont see patients lengthening that much often
You will. And too long femurs are not aesthetic either.

way2short

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2024, 09:12:18 AM »

İ will lengthen tibias too later

heightiseverything

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2024, 10:16:24 AM »

He won’t lose mobility he may take more time to recover

Body Builder

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2024, 01:39:57 PM »

He won’t lose mobility he may take more time to recover
Says who? Someone like you who want to lengthen 28cm?

heightiseverything

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2024, 03:28:55 PM »

Says who? Someone like you who want to lengthen 28cm?

What I mean by losing mobility is literally inability to move in a certain direction, and it’s mostly caused by ruptures of tissue and nerve damage. With 10 cm, it is highly unlikely you will get any permanent damage that couldn’t heal on its own.

Also, it is not crazy to lengthen 28 cm if done in stages and giving enough time, period. I am not arguing doing it in a year lol, can we stop that?

As far as the theory goes, your bones can lengthen indefinitely but soft tissues have a breaking point beyond which you can only hope for a graft, and that’s around 30 cm. You can’t really exceed it much however many surgeries you do. So here you go, the max limit for LL should be there also.

way2short

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2024, 04:04:08 PM »

What I mean by losing mobility is literally inability to move in a certain direction, and it’s mostly caused by ruptures of tissue and nerve damage. With 10 cm, it is highly unlikely you will get any permanent damage that couldn’t heal on its own.

Also, it is not crazy to lengthen 28 cm if done in stages and giving enough time, period. I am not arguing doing it in a year lol, can we stop that?

As far as the theory goes, your bones can lengthen indefinitely but soft tissues have a breaking point beyond which you can only hope for a graft, and that’s around 30 cm. You can’t really exceed it much however many surgeries you do. So here you go, the max limit for LL should be there also.
How much should tibia be lengthened?

heightiseverything

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2024, 04:59:27 PM »

How much should tibia be lengthened?

The maximum safe amount in a single segment is no more than 6 cm, however you can get up to 12 cm maximum if you do rebreaking after 1.5-2 years.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up