Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Regret after 7cm Precice femurs  (Read 1784 times)

feelsbadman

• Visitor
Regret after 7cm Precice femurs
« on: August 20, 2024, 01:39:14 AM »

I lengthened my femurs by 7cm (159->166cm) and the lengthening process went pretty smoothly. Now I am 2 months into consolidation with very poor callus formation. I realized my arms look short now (163cm wingspan) but I also want to do tibia lengthening in the future because my femur:tibia ratio is distorted now. I regret lengthening 7cm and wish I had stopped at 5 or 6, I would have better proportions and maybe better bone healing.

Staystrong

Re: Regret after 7cm Precice femurs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 02:37:13 AM »

Can you send pictures? I would like to see if your arms are really short

Bagga

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 09:24:52 AM »

I lengthened my femurs by 7cm (159->166cm) and the lengthening process went pretty smoothly. Now I am 2 months into consolidation with very poor callus formation. I realized my arms look short now (163cm wingspan) but I also want to do tibia lengthening in the future because my femur:tibia ratio is distorted now. I regret lengthening 7cm and wish I had stopped at 5 or 6, I would have better proportions and maybe better bone healing.
Well you can go for operation to shorten the femur.
Stop being vain...1cm doesnt not make big difference.

RandomDude

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 09:54:20 AM »

Big chance you will like the T/F ratio better when your femur muscles grow back. If you’re still not happy afterwards then try to do make the quadriceps even bigger by working out.

Michael J. Assayag, MD

• Limb Lengthening Orthopedic Surgeon from ICLL
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2024, 03:43:25 AM »

if your regenerate is poor, reverse the ERC and shorten the desired amount… it will help bone healing… with PRECICE it’s that easy!
Dr. Michael J Assayag MD FRCSC
Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Surgeon
http://www.heightrx.com https://www.limblength.org/conditions/short-stature
massayag@lifebridgehealth.org
IG @bonelengthening

Ted68

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2024, 09:09:20 AM »

Are you a drama-boy, or you didnt know what you are getting into ?
Be happy you are 7 cm taller (because you really need that !) and thank to God you didnt have real complications !
Now call your doctor and tell him that maybe you need a bone graft (taken from your iliac bone), which will accelerate the callus building...
You're welcome !
My adventure, Precice-quad with dr. Gokhan Bilgili:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=84914.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up