Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL doctor in India for 24 y/o old Indian resident  (Read 1040 times)

MidHeightMartial

• Visitor
LL doctor in India for 24 y/o old Indian resident
« on: July 26, 2024, 01:37:59 AM »

Hey fellow LLers
This is my first post on this forum, though I have been a sporadic visitor since 3-4 years and actively since last few months or a year or so.
I am currently based in Delhi, India and 24 years old.
I have been blessed with a good height with father being 6’0 at his peak height and cousins in range of 5’10 and above. I had reached a pre- puberty height of 173-175cm approximately, but at start/ mid of my puberty, I went through severe stomach issues due to food choices and ended up excreting liquid everytime I ate. This messed up my height and overall stature as I did not grow an inch and rather had various muscle spasm treatments( partly fit to sports). I currently stand at 173cm with a wing span of 183-184 cm.
I have been researching about this surgery a lot. The aspects as why I am posting this is that one generation ago, this height was average/ above average In India( I’m particularly talking north-west and north India), but the boys of my generation have at least reached 5’10 with a lot of upside of 6 footers there. Of course, there was a confidence hit when you were suffering and all grew and I went from being tallest to below average. Initially, I tried to calm myself and try not to focus on height thinking I’m blessed to have this too. But in last few years( after missing out on some aspects to taller but lesser/ equally deserving people) I have been concerned by it a lot, I have to try harder in dating/ workplace to get the same impact that tall people have generally better access to ( at the same skills), this is especially relevant in dating.
I’ve also become quite ambitious and want to live life on my own terms rather than dictated by society on normal or not normal ( The type of things you hear about LL from unaware/ semi-aware folks)
After 3-4 years of thoroughly visiting this forum, reading stories about successful cases and botched up ones, looking at complications( both short term and long term including nerve damage, non union, misalignment,etc send never being able to compete in sports professionally), I have decided that I’ll be happier if I give 2-3 years of investment to LL( analysing risk to benefit ratio for me).
I know I’ll get lots of toxicity for this post, but for the ones that are genuine and can understand me/ will not budge me, I want to know what is your opinion on this?

Also, I want to do this in India, and if possible stay at home mostly ( due to a supportive and loving environment). Which doctor should I be considering? I have only made sense that in India, it is Dr Parihar or nothing?
Will he accept me? Need genuine advice from you folks about Dr Parihar and anyone else who I can consider?
Looking for hopeful replies
Also very thankful to KiloKAHN for your experience. To me and those who came later than you, that thread serves as a model of resilience and will.

tallmen

Re: LL doctor in India for 24 y/o old Indian resident
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2024, 11:06:36 AM »

Currently, no internal nail is available in India so you can't do it. Fitbone might be available next year but we don't know for sure. You can do LON but it's more risky and difficult or you can do full externals like kilokahn but you'll have to wear frames for a long time. If you are okay with that then go ahead. Parihar will accept you as long as you're bringing family member with you during the surgery and understand the risks associated with it.

Slayer

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2024, 11:30:20 AM »

When are you planning to go to Dr parihar I am also thinking to go there and meet him personally and maybe if internal nail is available I will have the surgery shortly!

MidHeightMartial

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2024, 07:00:16 PM »

When are you planning to go to Dr parihar I am also thinking to go there and meet him personally and maybe if internal nail is available I will have the surgery shortly!

will be going there in August end-sept I guess, will be planning for early next year for surgery based on discussion

MidHeightMartial

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2024, 07:13:16 PM »

Currently, no internal nail is available in India so you can't do it. Fitbone might be available next year but we don't know for sure. You can do LON but it's more risky and difficult or you can do full externals like kilokahn but you'll have to wear frames for a long time. If you are okay with that then go ahead. Parihar will accept you as long as you're bringing family member with you during the surgery and understand the risks associated with it.
Aye, but about internal nails, is Doctor Becker having good record? He’s been there since a while now, if not in India, I’ll prefer Germany as it is closer to home than US and I might be flying back

tallmen

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2024, 07:49:43 PM »

Aye, but about internal nails, is Doctor Becker having good record? He’s been there since a while now, if not in India, I’ll prefer Germany as it is closer to home than US and I might be flying back

I've heard bad things about him. Dr assayag pointed several problems in the nail as well as his techniques. I am personally considering paley EU (it's in Poland) Maybe you can also think about paley EU? There is Peter thaller in berlin and there are some other good surgeons in Munich.
Pages: [1]   Go Up