Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Assyag 6cm Femurs  (Read 2239 times)

rj6900

• Visitor
Dr. Assyag 6cm Femurs
« on: June 28, 2024, 03:32:20 PM »

Hello all!
I wanted to document my journey of bilateral femur lengthening with Dr. Assyag, and there's no better place than the LL Forum.
Please feel free to provide any tips or ask any questions as well. I am very busy working remotely, but I will check the thread as often as possible.

Starting Height: 167cm
Goal: 173cm

06/10: Right femur surgery
Constant 5/10 pain and soreness following the first surgery. VERY difficult to move the affected leg. Took celebrex and tylenol as prescribed.
06/12: Left femur surgery
Constant 6-7/10 pain and soreness following the second surgery. Over the next 5-7 days pain was at an all-time high and moving was very difficult. The most difficult thing to do was transfer to a toilet.
06/17: Began lengthening on the right leg.
06/19: Began lengthening on the left leg.

06/23: At this point pain was reduced significantly to a very tolerable 1-2/10. There is still some pain with certain movements.

06/27: Ended the day at R: 8.25mm L: 6.75mm

06/28: Had my first follow-up with Dr. Assyag, and got my x-rays taken. Due to everything going well I was accelerated to 1mm per day from 0.75mm

More to come!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 04:07:34 PM by rj6900 »

Dash

Re: Dr. Assyag 6cm Femurs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 04:09:41 PM »

Congratulations. Which surgery you did external or internal Precice? Plz share your experience here that others can relate

wes07

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 04:17:02 PM »

What's his surgery cost? And what's the cost of PT, xrays and housing?

rj6900

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 04:30:29 PM »

You can find specific pricing information at Dr. Assyag's website here: https://www.heightrx.com/
That would be the best source in case he increases or decreases pricing or adds services.
For housing you can either do the HP House which is $15 per day but very limited availability or you can find your own accomodations.

rj6900

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2024, 04:31:25 PM »

Thanks Dash! I will definitely continue to update this. And I did internal nails Precice 2.2 with 50lb max weight bearing capacity per nail.

wes07

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2024, 12:47:15 AM »

Do you think it's possible to drive to work or school for 30 min while lengthening? After I complete the surgery, I want to return to the office 1 month post surgery and continue my lengthening at home. I'm jut curious if LL inhibits your ability to drive around while lengthening. I know it's very difficult to do so when facing inflammation and swoleness right after surgery. That's why I'm planning to stay neat the clinic and fly back after a month and continue my journey.

Bagga

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2024, 01:53:57 AM »

Do you think it's possible to drive to work or school for 30 min while lengthening? After I complete the surgery, I want to return to the office 1 month post surgery and continue my lengthening at home. I'm jut curious if LL inhibits your ability to drive around while lengthening. I know it's very difficult to do so when facing inflammation and swoleness right after surgery. That's why I'm planning to stay neat the clinic and fly back after a month and continue my journey.
No issue for me to drive to office, running errands, outings and more.

wes07

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2024, 02:55:44 AM »

With precice? And how soon were you able to do all of that?

Beemer m3

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2024, 05:27:09 AM »

with precice 2.2 its not possible. u need a walker to do all those things.

i wonder why the doctor did two surgeries in two days? and not in one day surgery
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

wes07

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2024, 05:01:29 PM »

How soon can I drive if I'm lengthening with precice?

reaching_goals

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2024, 09:04:26 PM »

Its possible but will not be easy. Depending on your pain level you might experience high pain while doing so, getting very stiff while driving also making ot more difficult. Then having to take a walker out the car using it to get your wheelchair and thats getting out not even putting it in before and after the trip. This can be very taxing on the body. Anyone who has done this surgery knows the difficulty of doing this if there being sincere. I would advise you to do a consultation with the dr and ask to speak with a patient currently doing the surgery and ask them about it as well.

OzzTaller

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2024, 04:17:24 PM »

Congratulations. I seriously consider Dr. Assayag for my LL surgery. Looking forward to hear more from you soon.

Ted68

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2024, 01:48:46 AM »

Yes, after 7 months you can drive. If you have 12mm nails, even sooner.
But you cannot stand up in safe, so you must keep using a walker.
My adventure, Precice-quad with dr. Gokhan Bilgili:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=84914.0

rj6900

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2024, 02:45:07 PM »

Hello all, just wanted to check in and report that I have successfully completed my journey with no complications. I am now onto the consolidation phase. I will no longer be posting, but I do have to say that I highly recommend Dr. Assayag and team. Going with his team was the best decision I could have made.
Pages: [1]   Go Up