Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fastest method?  (Read 1533 times)

Metaphyglv

Fastest method?
« on: June 01, 2024, 10:38:57 AM »

Looking up for the method that it will give me the fastest path from ending the lengthening process to the phase when i can walk normally again. I'm not planning to lengthen that much, about 5 or 6 cm in femurs, most likely just 5,i want to prioritize my health as much as i can

AnotherLLer

Re: Fastest method?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2024, 11:00:40 AM »

Any kind of weight bearing method, preferably internals and not LON. Since femurs heal faster and you will have weight bearing nails inside your bones, you will start walking much sooner compared with PRECICE 2 nails.

PRECICE 2 has many problems due to not being weight bearing. It bends or breaks, thus requiring another surgery for replacing nails that will cost huge amount of money. Being wheelchair bound for months is not a joke and I think it just doesn't worth it going with PRECICE 2.

It's kinda pathetic that LON patients can walk during the distraction phase but PRECICE 2 patients can't. Until bone bridge appears, it's not recommended to walk with PRECICE 2 nails and that won't happen for at least 4-5 months post surgery.

IMO, for 5 cm, going with LATN tibia is much better. You can walk during the lengthening phase and after you stop distracting, they will insert much more stable nails compared with LON. You will be able to walk with crutches and after sufficient bone bridge, you can walk unassisted and wait till bones heal completely.

Precise2.2

Re: Fastest method?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 03:23:22 AM »

Precise on femurs 53cm, let me know if you can see my videos at the bottom. I just wanted to bring myself to average height nothing crazy and wanted a speedy recovery that didn't stop me from still being active.
https://streamable.com/9zbn9e | 180lbs before surgery
https://streamable.com/binlby   | 195lbs after surgery o_o
8Month Post June 20th, 2024|Lowest weight during
5.3 cm bi-later femurs          | distraction/ consolidation 160 lbs
5'7.25 to 5'9.40ish
Pages: [1]   Go Up