Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is 6.5cm tibias with the precise nail possible (Paley)?  (Read 461 times)

finertoga

Is 6.5cm tibias with the precise nail possible (Paley)?
« on: December 06, 2023, 07:56:05 PM »

Hello all I’d like to get internal tibias done with Dr. Paley, I know there is a new precise nail coming soon and I’m wondering if 6.5cm tibias is an option. My femurs aren’t an option since I already have very long femurs naturally and getting them lengthened would screw up my biomechanics and proportions.

Paley says 5cm is the limit, but I’m wondering if that’s a hard limit since doctors like Dr. Mahboubian allow 6.5cm with the precise.

Right now I’m 5’5.5” (166.3cm) and I want at least 6.5cm to get to 5’8” (172.8cm). I don’t think less than that would be worth it, hitting 5’8” would get me close to the average and would be life changing.

Beemer m3

Re: Is 6.5cm tibias with the precise nail possible (Paley)?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 07:36:41 AM »

i heard the precice nail only extends to 6 cm. but i can be wrong check again.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Kintaeryos

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 08:21:00 AM »

It depends on your tibia length, the safety limit is defined based on the percentage of its length that you lengthen. The 5 cm number you often see is based on typical cases but it's still very general. You should ask Paley when you have your consultation and he'll give you a more definitive answer. Or have your tibia length measured via X-Ray and then take 20% of it (or whatever the number is) too see what the safe limit is for you. But I've never heard of 7 cm+ tibial lengthening.

finertoga

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 08:43:32 AM »

It depends on your tibia length, the safety limit is defined based on the percentage of its length that you lengthen. The 5 cm number you often see is based on typical cases but it's still very general. You should ask Paley when you have your consultation and he'll give you a more definitive answer. Or have your tibia length measured via X-Ray and then take 20% of it (or whatever the number is) too see what the safe limit is for you. But I've never heard of 7 cm+ tibial lengthening.

Got it I’ll make sure to discuss that with him, does he take x-rays at the consultation? I checked with a tape measure (not exact) and my tibia was around 13.5 inches, so 20% would be 2.7 inches. 19% would be 2.56 inches which is almost exactly 6.5cm on the nose. Yeah I’m not trying to go above 6.5cm anyways, i haven’t see any doctors post 7-10cm as an upper limit so not gonna risk it. I just feel like 5cm is a bit too little for me.

finertoga

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 08:45:24 AM »

i heard the precice nail only extends to 6 cm. but i can be wrong check again.

I think it extends to 8cm? But the only patient I’ve seen on here  do 7+cm on tibia with precise is Mr. Evolution. IIRC he did nearly 8cm, I think 7.5.
Pages: [1]   Go Up