Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a chance for me to grow after 18?  (Read 317 times)

Depth Stryder

Is there a chance for me to grow after 18?
« on: December 02, 2023, 09:04:20 AM »

I recently turned 18 and it's been years since my last growth spurt. The doctors all projected me to grow to 5'5", but I've fallen far, far short of that prediction at 5'1". However, I was checking my proportions recently when I realized I was nearly the same height as my dad sitting down, and it was only when we stood up could you notice the height difference. Then I realized that when we sat down, his knees extended way past the chair, whereas my knees can't clear or barely make it past most seats, so I figured most of his extra height comes from his femurs. I measured out of curiosity and it confirmed my hypothesis, his shins were only 1-2 inches longer than mine but his femurs were 3+ inches longer. If my femurs ever do catch up, I'd likely reach or come close to my projected height too. I plan on getting an xray eventually to confirm if my growth plates are still open, but do you guys think this is a sign I'm not done growing yet? Everything seems to line up way too well for a final growth spurt not to potentially happen.
Current Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
Goal: 5'6" (167 cm)
Dream Height: 5'7" (170 cm)

user9999999

• Visitor
Re: Is there a chance for me to grow after 18?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 07:33:04 PM »

Maybe an inch.  Peak growth occurs around 13 and slows significantly by 17 for boys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up