Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is a realistic height worth reaching at 5'1" (155cm)?  (Read 1327 times)

Depth Stryder

What is a realistic height worth reaching at 5'1" (155cm)?
« on: November 30, 2023, 12:44:56 AM »

I posted a poll recently about potentially reaching 5'7" and unfortunately it doesn't sound possible to reach it without losing most of my athleticism, which sucks because it means even with LL I'll have to accept being short no matter what. That said, I've tried lifts on, and even going from 5'1" to 5'4" made a world of difference to me since I could finally see eye to eye with women who would normally tower over me. Hell, I'm so used to my dad eclipsing me that despite still being 3 inches shorter I felt like an equal standing next to him. Not to mention the halo effect (or at least less horn effect) I'd get from girls, work colleagues, interviews, etc. I want to experience as many of these benefits as possible, but I still want to be able to live an active and healthy lifestyle while I'm still young. As much as I'd love to be taller, there's no way I'd give up weightlifting, surfing, hiking, martial arts, etc. for stiff legs. However, I don't plan on competing or making a living with sports, so as long as I'm able to keep up with others I'm perfectly fine sacrificing a bit of athleticism.
Current Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
Goal: 5'6" (167 cm)
Dream Height: 5'7" (170 cm)

Depth Stryder

Re: What is a realistic height worth reaching at 5'1" (155cm)?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 12:53:10 AM »

If it's worth anything, I have a 34 in. sitting height, 65 in. wingspan, 14.5 in. femurs, and 13 in. tibias.

TheDream

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 01:00:01 AM »

Well 6 cm femur and 4 cm tibia would be 4 inches and should be quite sparing on the athleticism long term, but it assumes you have time and money to do both segments.

Acemace86

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 01:13:23 PM »

You are looking for reasons to talk yourself out of LL. Your height is a big issue for you and that’s why you are on this forum.

jerrytheman

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 09:26:42 PM »

8 femur 5 tibia is the western recommended max per limb. Yes you wont be an olympic sprinter after that, but you can still run fine and have little to no difference in your pre-surgery life unless you want elite athletic ability which 99.9% of the population wouldn't need.

thatll put you have 168cm

sxxa

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 01:51:09 AM »

I'm going to be extremely honest, I don't think it's worth it. Don't get me wrong, is just my opinion but at your height the overall balance between risk-reward is pointless since even if you hipothetically go for the maximum you can do, you will still be really short.

Not saying what you should do or should not, it's just I don't see how you would benefit from this procedure when the outcome won't make you taller but a little less short.
174 morning height
172 at night.

Abstinence

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 02:08:59 AM »

I'm going to be extremely honest, I don't think it's worth it. Don't get me wrong, is just my opinion but at your height the overall balance between risk-reward is pointless since even if you hipothetically go for the maximum you can do, you will still be really short.

Not saying what you should do or should not, it's just I don't see how you would benefit from this procedure when the outcome won't make you taller but a little less short.
Isn't 170cm normal for a South-East Asian?(I checked OP's history and he said he was a SEA) His plan is really reasonable

Beemer m3

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2023, 02:42:15 AM »

2 inches on tibia and 3 inches on femur. 6cm tibia and 8cm femur so u will be 5'6 without complications. Push the limit and aim for 7.5cm tibia or 8cm to reach 5'7. With tibia reaching that far u will need to work on ballerina feet. It would come for sure.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Depth Stryder

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2023, 06:29:57 AM »

That's something I've come to accept, but trust me there is a world of difference between 5'7" and 5'1", I'd argue even more so than 5'7" and 5'9". At my height, you're not just shorter than every guy you see, you're shorter than nearly every girl too. At college I look like a literal child compared to everyone around me. If you look it up my height is as rare as a guy who's 6'5", I'm practically on the border of dwarfism. I would kill to be at least as tall as the girls around me honestly.

Depth Stryder

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2023, 06:31:50 AM »

That's something I've come to accept, but trust me there is a world of difference between 5'7" and 5'1", I'd argue even more so than 5'7" and 5'9". At my height, you're not just shorter than every guy you see, you're shorter than nearly every girl too. At college I look like a literal child compared to everyone around me. If you look it up my height is as rare as a guy who's 6'5", which sounds about right because I have a 6'5" and 6'6" friend and I hardly seen anyone come close to them in height. On the other hand, I'm practically on the border of dwarfism. I would kill to be at least as tall as the girls around me honestly.

Depth Stryder

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2023, 06:38:21 AM »

2 inches on tibia and 3 inches on femur. 6cm tibia and 8cm femur so u will be 5'6 without complications. Push the limit and aim for 7.5cm tibia or 8cm to reach 5'7. With tibia reaching that far u will need to work on ballerina feet. It would come for sure.

Would spreading out the surgeries longer increase my chances of recovering and possibly pushing for more? I've heard that quadrilateral lengthening is riskier, so I was planning on lengthening my femurs first, then recovering for a year or two, then lengthening tibias as far as I can take them.

Depth Stryder

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2023, 06:43:53 AM »

Isn't 170cm normal for a South-East Asian?(I checked OP's history and he said he was a SEA) His plan is really reasonable

It's on the taller side but there are several guys in my family who are 5'7"+, including my dad. He was actually lucky to have grown as tall as he did because his dad is 5'2" and there are hardly any tall relatives on his side, but on my mom's side plenty of guys reach 5'8"+.

Beemer m3

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2023, 07:14:01 AM »

That's what I was thinking too after 6 months of consolidation. Onto the next surgery but doing this would put u out of work for likely a year or so. Tibia lengthening will take a while to get to full strength. Costly too. Alot of determination too.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

Japan_Man_NYC

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2023, 08:01:40 AM »

I'm be real with you. No one can accurately answer this question without the lengthen of your Interlimb ratio (IR), Arm to Body ratio (ARB) and Leg to Body ratio (LBR).

Ratio and proportion matters. Anyone who tells you it doesn't is either bull ing or has no clue what he/she is talking about.

The main reason for leg lengthening surgery is to look as aesthetically as possible. And what's the point of being tall if you look like a freak. People would avoid you anyways. That's counter productive. So lengthen and observe and calculate your body approximate ratios.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to answer your question: Hypothetically if you have a longer torso than legs, gaining 10-15cm should be okay. But like I said that depends on your IR, ARB and LBR ratios.

finertoga

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2023, 11:05:11 PM »

You don’t think going from a near outlier (<0.3 percentile male height, shorter than 85% of females) to 5’7” (21 percentile male height, taller than 87%+ females) is worth it? Outliers are essentially treated like freaks and height will always be the first thing that is noticed on them. At 5’7” he is on the lower end of the center of the distribution, and for Asian Americans will be 1 inch under the 20-39 year old male average. He will go from freak (no offense OP) to a normal height. Note I said NORMAL. It’s still short but it’s perfectly normal.

SlowAndSteady

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2023, 01:30:00 AM »

This dwarf boy got 28 cantimeters of height in 2 sets of quadrilateral lengthening:

With his starting height he probably doubled his initial femur and tibia length which is insane, He can even walk, but with bad posture of course.

I wonder why people on this forum don't discuss two surgeries on same segment in long timeframe. It can be viable option for people like OP who want to get extreme lengthening amount.

Metaphyglv

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2023, 06:56:58 AM »

The truly safe limit for femur its about 6 cm, and for shinbones about 4 or 5 cm. If you want to do both its between 9 and 13 cm more, just with femurs you will reach 161 cm tall max. It changes somethig? kinda, but i think true change for any guy like us near to 160 cm tall, the 165 cm tall its where it truly changes, because you surpase the average girl height and you become just short, not hobbit size.
Do you have the money? do 10 cm in two pair if limbs, otherwise 6 cm in femur its not that bad too

Metaphyglv

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2023, 07:05:42 AM »

Outliers are essentially treated like freaks and height will always be the first thing that is noticed on them.

That's the matter, being hobbit size or just short it's a whole world apart, even if that gap is as little as 5 cm.
The very first thing people think having in mind Danny DeVito or Joe Pesci its usually how short they are first and then other things, but this doesn't happen with John Mark Galecki for example.

Beemer m3

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2023, 07:21:52 AM »

i would suggest ilizarov frames on the tibia to gain 7cm. after having the ability to walk again. 6months i would go for femur lengthening precice 2 prefered... 8cm and it band release. if u go the other route for femurs. lon with a fixator parallel to your femur and gain 9cm. with lon u have to clean pins and its pretty difficult after a 1 month or 2.

an asian doctor will perform 7cm tibia lengthening with ilizarov but you need alot of pt for that.

u will get alot of duck ass but if ur training ur self for a year it will probably go away
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

OzzTaller

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2023, 01:50:13 PM »

I see on a Vietnamese doctor facebook page that many of those who went to him were below 155 cm prior to the surgery. I think the surgery will worth it, at least to reach the average height.

limby101

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2023, 02:31:33 PM »

What is your age?
My opinion is that you should do it.
Start with the femurs which can give you more gain. Go for the maximum and hope for the best.
155 to 163-4 isn't nothing at all.
If your manage in later years once you're fully healed to do tibia for more 4-6, that would get you closer to 170cm which is a life changer.
It can be a long long journey but life as a whole is longer.

finertoga

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2023, 08:34:49 PM »

What is your age?
My opinion is that you should do it.
Start with the femurs which can give you more gain. Go for the maximum and hope for the best.
155 to 163-4 isn't nothing at all.
If your manage in later years once you're fully healed to do tibia for more 4-6, that would get you closer to 170cm which is a life changer.
It can be a long long journey but life as a whole is longer.

5’4” is pretty terrible but still it’s on the normal distribution he’s at least in the 4th percentile or so, he will be viewed as extremely short but no one would call him a freak. I have a friend who’s about 5’2 and once you get to this low of a height the issue goes beyond just dating. You will literally get bullied and made fun of constantly and get treated like a child.

I really feel for Depth Stryder. In my opinion go for at least 5’7”. 5’7” is the beginning of what I call “tall short”, which I categorize as shorter than most men but taller than most women. I understand there’s people here that get lengthening at even 170cm, but I think we can all agree they’d be able to live normal lives without it.

Depth Stryder

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2023, 08:54:57 PM »

5’4” is pretty terrible but still it’s on the normal distribution he’s at least in the 4th percentile or so, he will be viewed as extremely short but no one would call him a freak. I have a friend who’s about 5’2 and once you get to this low of a height the issue goes beyond just dating. You will literally get bullied and made fun of constantly and get treated like a child.

I really feel for Depth Stryder. In my opinion go for at least 5’7”. 5’7” is the beginning of what I call “tall short”, which I categorize as shorter than most men but taller than most women. I understand there’s people here that get lengthening at even 170cm, but I think we can all agree they’d be able to live normal lives without it.

If I was reading this while I was still in high school I wouldn't believe you but now that I'm in college I relate to your friend so much. I feel completely invisible in public and I have to be extremely aware of others to avoid getting hit. And god do I hate the  s who block me or pat my head. I don't even want to imagine the dating scene for me right now. I honestly couldn't care less about being tall, I just want to be another normal dude instead of some garden gnome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up