Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strongly considering LL surgery - been obsessed with height since late teens  (Read 57531 times)

Taller

I'd say that 6'1 to 6'4 is the ideal all around height range for a male (factoring in dating, impression-making potential, practicality, etc), but from 6'2-6'4 you don't gain anything and don't lost anything. It's just a great range to be in with no end of the spectrum being noticably better or worse than the other.

6'1 to 6'2 is a small increase but it's negligible.

Fun fact: Barrack Obama at 6'1 may have worn lifts when meeting with Bill Clinton at 6'2. You can google this if you want to.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

I'd say that 6'1 to 6'4 is the ideal all around height range for a male (factoring in dating, impression-making potential, practicality, etc), but from 6'2-6'4 you don't gain anything and don't lost anything. It's just a great range to be in with no end of the spectrum being noticably better or worse than the other.

6'1 to 6'2 is a small increase but it's negligible.

I agree with this statement.

Overdozer

I'd say that 6'1 to 6'4 is the ideal all around height range for a male (factoring in dating, impression-making potential, practicality, etc)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3277695/

Can't argue with science. Checkmate.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

I thought when taller said you don't loose anything between 6"2 and 6"4 he meant that you don't get looked at in a negative light(like when you are short). but certainly you are less desirable than people who are closer to normality (average).

perhaps I miss interpreted taller's meaning.

I think its different from stigma of shortness, I think its just lack of preference because they have many other potential mates to choose from, and people prefer normality.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:35:00 PM by GROWtalORdieTRYING1 »

Taller

Maybe you're right, Exilde. Average may be more desirable than tall. But, why then did you choose to lengthen to 183cm instead of 175 or 178?

Overdozer

Maybe you're right, Exilde. Average may be more desirable than tall. But, why then did you choose to lengthen to 183cm instead of 175 or 178?
That's more of a psychological thing. I just wanted to pass the 180cm range, which is russian equivalent of US 6'. I probably wouldn't go over 178 if I were given a second chance, that way I could avoid arm lengthening.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

I know its not proof. but still anecdotal evidence.

just a random opinion from someone who has done LL.

from Greekster.
At 6'3, I now find that having sex with women who are, say, 5'3, not as enjoyable as it used to be, simply because of the height difference and the general awkwardness of positioning, etc...  This is a major disadvantage that I never predicted before because there are some short women that I really do like.  I was in a phase of liking tall women for a little while, but now I find that most women I do like are either average or short.  But sex with short women is now not as enjoyable as it used to be when I was 5'8.  At 5'8, the 5'3 woman would feel much better during sex, but now not anymore.  Furthermore, there is a certain ethnicity that I've grown attracted to, but most women of this ethnicity find 6'3 too tall and would prefer 5'8 to 5'10.  Does it mean that I wish I was 5'8 again?  No, but this newly discovered disadvantage makes me feel relieved that I didn't get any taller.  On the other hand, sex with tall women obviously does feel better than when if I was shorter.  I just might have to go back to tall women again, which is quite a rare breed to find.  Just a heads up to those who aspire to be taller than 6'2

femoral_indecency

Yeah man, I feel very similar to you except I'm quite shorter (5'6) , sucks because all my relatives including my sister at 5'8 1/2 towers over me , I feel like our gentic coding got swapped as I got the short female height and she got the average-sized male height, it truly fkin blows, like this height is some kind of sick, cruel joke.
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

Want More

Guys i know how you feel.I also considering to do CLL with dr Mitkovic,i am 180cm. My dad is about 176cm,mom about 173cm  and sister 173cm.Dad's familly are short,i think that i am tallest guy.But mom's family are tall,I am  there the shortest guy. Also  I hate this height becuse all my  friends  are higher than 185. They realised that my height bothered me,so they sometimes say that i am short. So with 5-6cm i will solve that problem. Every day i feel worse  with this height.
Ideal height for me is 190cm,but i would be happy and with 185cm.
I need only 5cm.

femoral_indecency

I would commit unforgivable acts to be 180cm....you wouldn't wanna know how far I'd go  ;)
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

egg88438

• Visitor
Re: Strongly considering LL surgery - been obsessed with height since late teens
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »

Sorry,my english is not good. :'(
What this mean →Don't get an internal nail put in your tibiae.  Do either external-only tibiae or internal femurs if you want to avoid the risk of permanent knee discomfort.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Strongly considering LL surgery - been obsessed with height since late teens
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2015, 10:19:33 PM »

What part of it do you not understand?  I will try to explain it to you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up