Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Strongly considering LL surgery - been obsessed with height since late teens  (Read 57545 times)

Overdozer

Isn't what the doctors are saying. I haven't grown in about five years (maybe half an inch), but it's due to growth hormone deficiency. The doctors are saying I should grow another 2-4 inches at least, but it could be possible to grow six or more.
Well good luck then! I actually used HGH on myself 10 ME every day for 5 month to discover a whooping increase in height of 0 f**king centimeters. And I was just 16. But you're different for sure, not only you had GH deficiency, but also testosterone deficiency, so your growth plates aren't fused at 18. I do believe that.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

endomorphisme

I have the same feeling, i feel inferior when someone is taller than me, i don't feel alone anymore lol
I saw a psycologist two years ago but it didn't help me.They will waste your time and your money.
A psychologist will made metaphors to make you understand  that height doesn't matter, women don't care about height, he coudn't admit that tall men get more respect and more attention and are physically stronger and more imposing.
It was such a waste of money

Wannabegiant

I have the same feeling, i feel inferior when someone is taller than me, i don't feel alone anymore lol
I saw a psycologist two years ago but it didn't help me.They will waste your time and your money.
A psychologist will made metaphors to make you understand  that height doesn't matter, women don't care about height, he coudn't admit that tall men get more respect and more attention and are physically stronger and more imposing.
It was such a waste of money

Tall men are not necessarily physically stronger, short guys can quite often be physically stronger even if both guys are the same weight (some times even when the shorter guy weighted less), ive seen it happen in proffessional sports so many times that it isnt even unusual.

But i agree with you on the other parts.

IwannaBeTaller

Well good luck then! I actually used HGH on myself 10 ME every day for 5 month to discover a whooping increase in height of 0 f**king centimeters. And I was just 16. But you're different for sure, not only you had GH deficiency, but also testosterone deficiency, so your growth plates aren't fused at 18. I do believe that.

How did you get access to HGH?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. For me, height is a huge deal (even at 5'10/a bit below at the end of the day). It's the main thing I focus on. If I see a guy who is better than me in some way (eg. better looks, better body, he's achieved more than I have) but he's shorter than me, I feel a weird sense of satisfaction/confidence/superiority/peace of mind. It's hard to explain. On the other hand, if a guy is worse than me in some obvious ways (eg. he's really out of shape, low achiever) but he's taller than me, I feel really insecure and like he has some sort of superiority/power over me. It's a really irrational thought process, I know. I also do weird things like search the height of celebrities (including female celebrities) on Google to see if I'm taller than them, and focus on people's heights in photos.

I feel quite submissive, almost still like a child around my dad and brother, like they have some sort of dominance/superiority over me. In my observations of height in every day situations, I notice taller guys are generally more self-assured and naturally exude an aura of dominance. Shorter guys generally seem more insecure/have a worse mental state and naturally submit to the dominance of taller guys. This disappears at about 6'2, when any extra height makes little difference.

Ultimately, I may be imagining this and I probably sound like a dck saying all this. But for my peace of mind and my own confidence/self-esteem, I would really like to be 2-3 inches taller. I'm almost certain it will improve my mental state.

The pain and possible complications are a genuine concern for me, and obviously I've got to say something to people.

The general rule for cosmetic surgery is that if you think it'll make you feel better about yourself, you're a candidate.  I saw a guy get his ears reduced and his ears were smaller than most peoples' already and they didn't even stick out, but it made him happy and he was on the plastic surgeon's before/after website.  One's appearance and self-image are subjective. It won't improve your life as much as a shorter person getting it to become average, but that doesn't mean you won't get any benefit at all.  If you're sure you can't have confidence and self-esteem without LL, then get LL.  Most orthopedic surgeons think I shouldn't have gotten LL at my 5'7 height, but I can attest to getting confidence and self-esteem from it.

Overdozer

How did you get access to HGH?
I bought it in the pharmacy, no prescription. Welcome to Russia!

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

IwannaBeTaller

I bought it in the pharmacy, no prescription. Welcome to Russia!

Wow...you mean Somatropin? I can't believe it.

Overdozer

Wow...you mean Somatropin? I can't believe it.
What's so hard to believe? It was Norditropin, so HGH in pens for easy injections, legit stuff! You can actually buy anything that requires prescription here, but opiate-containing drugs. A lot of our athletes also buy testosterone right from the pharmacy!

IwannaBeTaller

What's so hard to believe? It was Norditropin, so HGH in pens for easy injections, legit stuff! You can actually buy anything that requires prescription here, but opiate-containing drugs. A lot of our athletes also buy testosterone right from the pharmacy!
Because any HGH is highly restricted and unable to get without prescription (or illegally) here in Central Europe...and pretty much in any first world country too I guess. I also would've talked to a doctor before taking that stuff. It has possible side effects.

Europa

[...]

Man, kudos for expressing in a better way than I could exactly how I feel at times.

Moubgf

Same thing here. People never really looked down on me, as they knew I would beat their asses, but I never cared for my height. I'm only 5'6.5 (I was supposed to be 6'1, but I had an undiagnosed growth hormone deficiency). I'm 18, and doctors say I should definitely grow another 2-4 inches (most likely 4) with growth hormone therapy before my plates close, but I'm still thinking about doing 10 cm on my tibias. If you don't mind, could you tell me how my tibias look in this picture? It's what I would look like with an extra 4 inches (10 cm) on them.

Sorry bro... You aint gonna grow anymore. generall rule: taller arms mainly forearms signifies overall growth to come. But your arms are short. I think it's safe to say you are done growing and 10 cm on tibias would look ridonkulous. go for 7.5-

tapemeasure

So basically what you are saying is, you dont feel like you get any discrimination at your current height but you need the extra inches to feel superior to more people you come across, otherwise you wont get any piece of mind..

Anybody has the right to do the surgery, but i think in your case you could possibly get over your height issue by other methods as it seems to be mostly mental.

But of course if you have the money and you think it is worth it anyway then nobody here is stopping you. I guess it is similar to a girl who has natural C cups, but still wants implants to make them even larger..

I mean if you gained lets say 2 inches (because gaining 3 inches would be very very difficult and then we are talking definite tradeoffs in athleticism and agility) and became 6 feet, considering what you have told us, it seems you still would be very insecure if you came across a 6'2 guy at your new height, or am i wrong? Also considering most of these taller guys will in general be bigger than you in terms of weight, hand size, sitting height etc.

I personally don't want to be superior to anyone else by becoming taller, but I don't like feeling inferior to taller people (if that makes sense). For me, it's nothing to do with trying to impress people. I want to improve my mental state. I've focused on height a lot over the last 5-6 years and even just 2 inches taller would be fantastic. The main reason is to be as tall as my close family. I'd probably not be insecure around a 6'2 guy if I was 6 foot, because in my mind, I would tell myself 'well I'm as tall as my dad and brother and above average height, so fair enough if he's taller'. Just the confidence of gaining a couple of inches, basically overnight, I can see it being huge for me. Yes a good analogy is perhaps that of a girl who has natural breasts but wants them bigger.

Proportions is something I will be looking at in more detail. My sitting height is the same as my dad who is 6 foot. The extra height he has appears to come from his legs. In my opinion, my hands are quite small for my height. My weight will not be a problem. But given that there are guys on here who have lengthened by several inches and their proportions look fine, it gives me confidence that my proportions will also be fine after 2-3 inches of lengthening.

edit: I have actually experienced heightism when I'm around groups of guys who are 6 foot or taller (or girls who are 5'10 or taller).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:34:00 PM by tapemeasure »

tapemeasure

Isn't what the doctors are saying. I haven't grown in about five years (maybe half an inch), but it's due to growth hormone deficiency. The doctors are saying I should grow another 2-4 inches at least, but it could be possible to grow six or more.
Go for it if you think it will make you taller. But honestly, at 18, I doubt you will grow 6 more inches. 2 or 3 max I would say. But I'm not a doctor so I can't say for sure.

Sorry bro... You aint gonna grow anymore. generall rule: taller arms mainly forearms signifies overall growth to come. But your arms are short. I think it's safe to say you are done growing and 10 cm on tibias would look ridonkulous. go for 7.5-
Can you explain this please? I've never heard this before. My forearms are 11 inches long and I'm 5'10. Obviously I'm not growing any taller at 23, nearly 24, years old. But how big would my forearms need to be relative to my height to signify I have more growth to come?

Wannabegiant

I personally don't want to be superior to anyone else by becoming taller, but I don't like feeling inferior to taller people (if that makes sense). For me, it's nothing to do with trying to impress people. I want to improve my mental state. I've focused on height a lot over the last 5-6 years and even just 2 inches taller would be fantastic. The main reason is to be as tall as my close family. I'd probably not be insecure around a 6'2 guy if I was 6 foot, because in my mind, I would tell myself 'well I'm as tall as my dad and brother and above average height, so fair enough if he's taller'. Just the confidence of gaining a couple of inches, basically overnight, I can see it being huge for me. Yes a good analogy is perhaps that of a girl who has natural breasts but wants them bigger.

Proportions is something I will be looking at in more detail. My sitting height is the same as my dad who is 6 foot. The extra height he has appears to come from his legs. In my opinion, my hands are quite small for my height. My weight will not be a problem. But given that there are guys on here who have lengthened by several inches and their proportions look fine, it gives me confidence that my proportions will also be fine after 2-3 inches of lengthening.

edit: I have actually experienced heightism when I'm around groups of guys who are 6 foot or taller (or girls who are 5'10 or taller).

Yeah if you hang out with a lot of really tall people 6 feet and above, then i can understand that you might want more height.

For me personally it was all about becoming average according to the statistics, and also being similar to most guys i see when im outside. Im now taller than vast majority of girls and those who are taller are often insecure about being to tall for a girl. And the guys even though they are taller they cannot really make fun of me for being short at this height (at least i wont feel insecure anymore when they do), im average while those taller guys are above average.

Moubgf

Yeah if you hang out with a lot of really tall people 6 feet and above, then i can understand that you might want more height.

For me personally it was all about becoming average according to the statistics, and also being similar to most guys i see when im outside. Im now taller than vast majority of girls and those who are taller are often insecure about being to tall for a girl. And the guys even though they are taller they cannot really make fun of me for being short at this height (at least i wont feel insecure anymore when they do), im average while those taller guys are above average.

yeah the feeling of being able to stand your ground and even ridicule them at the slightest hint of trying to act alpha. You just put them in their place call them ugly or whatever and they can't say nothing back. "your short!!!" i would just laugh and strike a pose of majesty.

Wannabegiant

yeah the feeling of being able to stand your ground and even ridicule them at the slightest hint of trying to act alpha. You just put them in their place call them ugly or whatever and they can't say nothing back. "your short!!!" i would just laugh and strike a pose of majesty.

Yep, because if a 6'4 guy would call me short in a group setting, then if there are lots of other guys and girls there, its very likely that i am at least similar in height to many of the guys and taller than all of the girls, so they would not be able to laugh at me after hearing the tall guy calling me short, they would simply think he was being stupid since its so obvious im average height and he is just tall.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

Re: Strongly considering LL surgery - been obsessed with height since late teens
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »

ok let me set the record straight.

most people are dumb and don't understand a thing.

there are 3 main height's that induce a psychological change in a social setting. these are all induced according to the law of averages.

these heights are:     5'7.........5'9.5...........6'0

at 5"7 you will be told you are not short but if only you were taller. this is the reaction for this height.
at 5"9.5 you will be average height and neither get positive or negative points. if you are less than the average cool person in cool points it is because you are lacking in other attributes.
at 6"0 you are tall. you will gain next to nothing from going beyond this height, except for the fact that your mind is deluded and you have a fake sense of the law of averages because of the small group of the few people you hang around.

if you get Leg Lengthening when you are average height and you think that you are receiving negative points based on your height then you are suffering from delusion. 

the first delusion is where people lie to themselves and convince themselves that the lie is true. the first lie is that the average height is more than it really is. that is how the delusion spreads in their own mind.

ReadRothbard

Re: Strongly considering LL surgery - been obsessed with height since late teens
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2014, 01:54:21 AM »

Do you really think there is nothing to gain past 6'0? If you have any data to back that up, I would be more than appreciative. If I only have to gain 5-6 inches rather than 8, that'll be fantastic.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Taller

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2014, 02:12:01 AM »

Life is worth living, but I have no studies to back that up. Some things simply aren't proven through studies. Whether or not you think that you will perceive gain anything by going over 6'0 is mainly up to you. Life is all about perception, but it's true that you often can't control your perception. It's rather subjective and different people have different ideal heights.

Studies will show that your chances of getting complications will go up the more you lengthen though. You have to decide whether it's worth the risk.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2014, 02:21:45 AM »

you do still get small gains after 6"0 but they are exponentially diminishing in return.

all I can show is graphs. the graphs can only be interpreted by someone who has advanced knowledge in statistics.

at 5"7 the level of prejudice gets exponentially worse below 5"7 and above 6"0 the level of reward gets exponentially less.

Taller

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2014, 02:47:22 AM »

Btw having a combination of 13 cm lifts..doesnt that end up looking weird in the mirror? like you are on stilts? I guess there are dressing choices to hide that sort of thing.

Yup! I use jeans that are boot cut and a bit too long for me normally, and they hide the lifts beautifully and look great on me.

Custom boots or Chuck Taylor convese shoes make fantastic hiding places for lifts and comfort insoles.

I've been doing this for a long time and can't complain of any negatives besides the inability to run well and the occasional blisters and foot/shin pain. Long tibiae look really good when you're wearing pants, at least in my humble opinion.

My secret is to use a combo of platform lifts and gel comfort insoles instead of the typical wedge type lift inserts. It works very well, but some custom work in the form of cutting, carving, and gluing can be required to give you a good setup.

Until I get LL, it's a great way to get some of the height that I so badly crave.

Moubgf

you do still get small gains after 6"0 but they are exponentially diminishing in return.

all I can show is graphs. the graphs can only be interpreted by someone who has advanced knowledge in statistics.

at 5"7 the level of prejudice gets exponentially worse below 5"7 and above 6"0 the level of reward gets exponentially less.

No the higher you are the higher you are allowed to claim the throne if that is what you want. After 6'4 the benefits stop

ReadRothbard

No the higher you are the higher you are allowed to claim the throne if that is what you want. After 6'4 the benefits stop

It's probably more like 6'3, but, yeah, I get your point.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

not true. after about 6"1 you get close to jack   in benefit.

and the amount you get is diminishing return from 6"0 to 6"1.

where it exponentially tapers off to no benefit.

there is in fact only an internal benefit after that where people like you who suffer from delusion (abnormal incorrect thinking) believe you will gain more benefit. that is height neurosis. not external factors.

Taller

Can you please show your graphs?

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

no. its to complicated. its not as simple as looking at a couple graphs.

it is a bell shape cure

it is the same reason why almost all women don't call men at 5"7 short, but at 5"6 they do. for when the average of the population is 5"9.5

at 5"7 they will be in the category of if only you were taller.

if you understand the basics to a bell shaped curve, then just knowing that 5"7 is the cut off point for women means that the graph is indicative of 6"0 being the theoretical polar opposite, even without the additional graphs or research. 

through just as a bonus almost every single persons comments on old forum  for people who are 5"6, 5"7, 5"8 in height are synonymous (to their respective heights), or even the graph on old forum  in "how tall are you poll"  is indicative of the same findings even without the additional graphs or research. 

mrtall

not true. after about 6"1 you get close to jack s**t in benefit.

and the amount you get is diminishing return from 6"0 to 6"1.

where it exponentially tapers off to no benefit.

there is in fact only an internal benefit after that where people like you who suffer from delusion (abnormal incorrect thinking) believe you will gain more benefit. that is height neurosis. not external factors.

I would say the drop-off happens after 6'2, not 6'1, but I agree that the improvement from 6'0-6'1 is like 7%, and the improvement from 6'1-6'2 is like 3%, 6'2-6'4 is a slight dip if anything... and then a big dropoff after 6'4
HEIGHT REDUCTION CANDIDATE

Current: 201 cm (6'7)

Goal: 192 cm (6'3.5)

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

there will be girls in the population who are subjective to varying degrees and their (importance that they place on height) drop off values are correct to your prediction.

my 6"1 height drop off for the bell shaped graph is only the graph for the average in subjectivity, in reality the graph is a shaded graph with a bell shape graph above and below the main graph but parallels it.

in laymens terms, all girls have subjective importance associated with height and so the 6"1 is the average of all girls however there will be sub secs of the population who drop off at 6"2 and even 6"0 (instead of 6"1).

it gets complicated when we start getting into this 3D type graph though.

think of it like this, we are working with the law of averages (for the initial graph) and inside this law of averages there are different degrees of subjective nature depending on how much emphasis a particular girl places on height(for each given cm).

mrtall

there will be girls in the population who are subjective to varying degrees and their (importance that they place on height) drop off values are correct to your prediction.

my 6"1 height drop off for the bell shaped graph is only the graph for the average in subjectivity, in reality the graph is a shaded graph with a bell shape graph above and below the main graph but parallels it.

in laymens terms, all girls have subjective importance associated with height and so the 6"1 is the average of all girls however there will be sub secs of the population who drop off at 6"2 and even 6"0 (instead of 6"1).

it gets complicated when we start getting into this 3D type graph though.

think of it like this, we are working with the law of averages (for the initial graph) and inside this law of averages there are different degrees of subjective nature depending on how much emphasis a particular girl places on height(for each given cm).

A simple way of looking at is how tall is your ideal woman? Personally 5'8-5'9 for me, these women are more inclined to go for taller men.. 6'2-6'3 is probably their ideal.

whereas if you like 5'5 girls 6'0 is a better height for you.

HEIGHT REDUCTION CANDIDATE

Current: 201 cm (6'7)

Goal: 192 cm (6'3.5)

Taller

Growtallordietrying, I find it pretty funny and sketchy that you are unwilling to post your graphs, claiming that no one can understand them.

I'm sure many here have had considerable education in statistics and will be able to appreciate them if they're worthy of appreciation.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:01:25 PM by Taller »

Overdozer

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up