Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Strongly considering LL surgery - been obsessed with height since late teens  (Read 57508 times)

IwannaBeTaller

Why do you think I don't know how to measure myself? Would you like me to take another measurement of height and arm span just to make sure?

Have someone else measure your wingspan. It's alot easier and more accurate that way.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

A few cm either way isn't going to make much of a difference.  I think you guys are over-thinking this and worrying too much.

endomorphisme

Do you think doctors will accept to operate on someone who is already 178 cm or plus ?  ???
I think some like Betz would accept, but i'm sceptical for Guichet.

Sweden

Do you think doctors will accept to operate on someone who is already 178 cm or plus ?  ???
I think some like Betz would accept, but i'm sceptical for Guichet.

Yes, he will.
If you can present him legitimate reason.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Gichelu

There isn't even one good reason to get lengthening if you're 178 cm or above.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

Sweden

There isn't even one good reason to get lengthening if you're 178 cm or above.

Sure there is, to get taller.

IwannaBeTaller

Height is by far not the most important thing in this world.

Gichelu

And for the extra height you lose athletic ability, have surgical trauma, pain and lose months of your life spent for recovery for it, maybe longer if you have problems. If you are 178 or above already and unhappy then more height is not going to suddenly make you okay with yourself.

Taller

If you are 178 or above already and unhappy then more height is not going to suddenly make you okay with yourself.

It will for me. And trust me, I know myself much better than you do. I feel like I have everything going exactly the way I'd like it in life (education, career, accomplishments) except for height. I always dreamt of being tall like most of other men in my family and my 6'2 (188CM) dad. I expected nothing less while growing up. I don't feel like the person I envision that I should be, physically, solely because of my height. 178 is such an arbitrary cutoff, anyways. Why not 176 or 180?

Finally, it's not like my getting the surgery is stopping shorter people from getting it too. 

Sweden

If anyone wants to be taller there is only one way to do it. Break your legs and pull them apart.
If it's for the better we can't say but most of the patients feel happier afterwards.

6'2 is the sweet spot for a man  :)

tapemeasure

I hope I feel happier afterwards. If I was magically offered an increase of 2-3 inches in height right now, for a cost of say $40k, I'd take it instantly and I know I would feel happy. However I have other fears, like the operation possibly going wrong, any complications, what I will say to relatives and people who know me. I don't do vigorous sports so mobility for that isn't an issue.

Overdozer

other fears, like the operation possibly going wrong, any complications, what I will say to relatives and people who know me
That's all crap, dude, just go for it. Especially the last one, I mean wtf just say anything, who cares what they think?
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Orlando

@tapemeasure

At 5ft10, I don't think you need LL.  Skipping this surgery will not affect your life in a negative way, unlike short people who suffer from height discrimination.  Do LL only if your career and relationships are in place and you still feel unhappy.   

jerry

It will for me. And trust me, I know myself much better than you do. I feel like I have everything going exactly the way I'd like it in life (education, career, accomplishments) except for height. I always dreamt of being tall like most of other men in my family and my 6'2 (188CM) dad. I expected nothing less while growing up. I don't feel like the person I envision that I should be, physically, solely because of my height. 178 is such an arbitrary cutoff, anyways. Why not 176 or 180?

Finally, it's not like my getting the surgery is stopping shorter people from getting it too. 

I agree with you.  LL is for people who want to achieve psychological boosting and self perception.

G-Man

Okkk so it seems that people with an average height or slightly above shouldn't do CLL because they're retarded/losers and always will be/have mental problems beyond recognition?

May I suggest that those attributes belong most likely to the haters instead?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:05:17 PM by G-Man »

IwannaBeTaller

Okkk so it seems that people with an average height or slightly above shouldn't do CLL because they're retarded/losers and always will be/have mental problems beyond recognition.

May I suggest that those attributes belong most likely to the haters instead?

No - people who have depressions or are unhappy with themselves are neither losers nor retarded.

For all these people coming here who are 5'10 and more and say they they want LL, I believe most of them won't do it in the end. They just dream about it but in the end they won't do it.

TRS

LL should only be done as a last resort. Regardless of starting height, the best candidates for LL surgery are the ones with extreme height neurosis and normal daily activities are impaired due to their esteem.
Let me tell you that LL will be the most difficult period in life and its no stroll in the park. You will have to endure alot of damage to your whole body which can be potentially devastating in the future such as arthritis from lengthening, cancer from constant xray exposure and addiction and damage from taking painkillers/sleeping tablets.
Therefore consider whether the few cm will really change your life for the better!

G-Man

What I am saying is that if someone do come on a LL forum it's logically because of height neurosis to different degrees.  Whatever the starting height is, therefore all the comments saying 5'9" people and up shouldn't do lengthening are useless and counterproductive.

I do agree tho that the need and will for lengthening most likely increase as height decrease.

IwannaBeTaller

What I am saying is that if someone do come on a LL forum it's logically because of height neurosis to different degrees.  Whatever the starting height is, therefore all the comments saying 5'9" people and up shouldn't do lengthening are useless and counterproductive.

I do agree tho that the need and will for lengthening most likely increase as height decrease.

I think height neurosis can be cured by therapy in many cases, especially when the person's height is 5'9 or above, which is essentially average human height or barely below it.

G-Man

You're entitled to your opinion of course but unfortunately, height is in your face everyday, therapy or not.
I think that people 5'9" and up are old enough to make their own decisions, wouldn't you agree? :P

IwannaBeTaller

You're entitled to your opinion of course but unfortunately, height is in your face everyday, therapy or not.
I think that people 5'9" and up are old enough to make their own decisions, wouldn't you agree? :P

Sure, you see height every day (if you pay attention to it) but that doesn't mean you have to feel bad about it. You could think "This person is taller than me, but that doesn't mean he's better".
And yeah, adults are able to make their own decisions. But for people 5'9 and above (and shorter people too), therapy should be the first choice, LL the absolute last.

G-Man

For me a dude is a dude, regardless of his height so if anyone is "better" imo its because of his personality, not his height.
No offense but I'll skip the therapy part.  ;)

Gichelu

Sure everybody who searches limb lengthening could have height neurosis but difference is in the actual thing gained from surgery. People who are already 5'10 and up getting surgery are just doing it for some ego trip and get no practical benefit in life afterward because you sacrifice so much just to get those extra cm. Their height neurosis is from psychological issue that comes from unhappiness in other areas. They don't have height neurosis from constant discrimination like shorter people who consider the surgery. Anyone who is already not in the realm of short that considers lengthening is making light of the surgery and all the toll it takes on you physically and mentally. They will gain nothing with that few extra inches that will make any difference in their life.

programdude

Theres nothing wrong with wanting LL at over 5 10. However I can imagine only a very very small number of people in that demographic actually following through. I did meet one guy here who had to have been around 6 ft(post op) but all he did was 1 inch on his tibia.. Soo hey, whatever floats your boat.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

tapemeasure

Thanks for the replies everyone. For me, height is a huge deal (even at 5'10/a bit below at the end of the day). It's the main thing I focus on. If I see a guy who is better than me in some way (eg. better looks, better body, he's achieved more than I have) but he's shorter than me, I feel a weird sense of satisfaction/confidence/superiority/peace of mind. It's hard to explain. On the other hand, if a guy is worse than me in some obvious ways (eg. he's really out of shape, low achiever) but he's taller than me, I feel really insecure and like he has some sort of superiority/power over me. It's a really irrational thought process, I know. I also do weird things like search the height of celebrities (including female celebrities) on Google to see if I'm taller than them, and focus on people's heights in photos.

I feel quite submissive, almost still like a child around my dad and brother, like they have some sort of dominance/superiority over me. In my observations of height in every day situations, I notice taller guys are generally more self-assured and naturally exude an aura of dominance. Shorter guys generally seem more insecure/have a worse mental state and naturally submit to the dominance of taller guys. This disappears at about 6'2, when any extra height makes little difference.

Ultimately, I may be imagining this and I probably sound like a dck saying all this. But for my peace of mind and my own confidence/self-esteem, I would really like to be 2-3 inches taller. I'm almost certain it will improve my mental state.

That's all crap, dude, just go for it. Especially the last one, I mean wtf just say anything, who cares what they think?

The pain and possible complications are a genuine concern for me, and obviously I've got to say something to people.

Wannabegiant

Thanks for the replies everyone. For me, height is a huge deal (even at 5'10/a bit below at the end of the day). It's the main thing I focus on. If I see a guy who is better than me in some way (eg. better looks, better body, he's achieved more than I have) but he's shorter than me, I feel a weird sense of satisfaction/confidence/superiority/peace of mind. It's hard to explain. On the other hand, if a guy is worse than me in some obvious ways (eg. he's really out of shape, low achiever) but he's taller than me, I feel really insecure and like he has some sort of superiority/power over me. It's a really irrational thought process, I know. I also do weird things like search the height of celebrities (including female celebrities) on Google to see if I'm taller than them, and focus on people's heights in photos.

I feel quite submissive, almost still like a child around my dad and brother, like they have some sort of dominance/superiority over me. In my observations of height in every day situations, I notice taller guys are generally more self-assured and naturally exude an aura of dominance. Shorter guys generally seem more insecure/have a worse mental state and naturally submit to the dominance of taller guys. This disappears at about 6'2, when any extra height makes little difference.

Ultimately, I may be imagining this and I probably sound like a dck saying all this. But for my peace of mind and my own confidence/self-esteem, I would really like to be 2-3 inches taller. I'm almost certain it will improve my mental state.

The pain and possible complications are a genuine concern for me, and obviously I've got to say something to people.

So basically what you are saying is, you dont feel like you get any discrimination at your current height but you need the extra inches to feel superior to more people you come across, otherwise you wont get any piece of mind..

Anybody has the right to do the surgery, but i think in your case you could possibly get over your height issue by other methods as it seems to be mostly mental.

But of course if you have the money and you think it is worth it anyway then nobody here is stopping you. I guess it is similar to a girl who has natural C cups, but still wants implants to make them even larger..

I mean if you gained lets say 2 inches (because gaining 3 inches would be very very difficult and then we are talking definite tradeoffs in athleticism and agility) and became 6 feet, considering what you have told us, it seems you still would be very insecure if you came across a 6'2 guy at your new height, or am i wrong? Also considering most of these taller guys will in general be bigger than you in terms of weight, hand size, sitting height etc.

programdude

My friend- All I can say is be ready for this. I too am not terribly short and have had this surgery and am closing in fast on my first inch gain. I think when it is a memory it will be worth it- but at your height I would strongly consider what you are about to spend/do to yourself.

But if you truly want it- go for it. This is your only life man.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

ReadRothbard

Same thing here. People never really looked down on me, as they knew I would beat their asses, but I never cared for my height. I'm only 5'6.5 (I was supposed to be 6'1, but I had an undiagnosed growth hormone deficiency). I'm 18, and doctors say I should definitely grow another 2-4 inches (most likely 4) with growth hormone therapy before my plates close, but I'm still thinking about doing 10 cm on my tibias. If you don't mind, could you tell me how my tibias look in this picture? It's what I would look like with an extra 4 inches (10 cm) on them.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Overdozer

If you don't mind, could you tell me how my tibias look in this picture? It's what I would look like with an extra 4 inches (10 cm) on them.
They look fine. By the way, growth plates usually fuss completely at the age of 18. If you grew less than an inch last year, you most likely wont grow more, than another inch.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

ReadRothbard

Isn't what the doctors are saying. I haven't grown in about five years (maybe half an inch), but it's due to growth hormone deficiency. The doctors are saying I should grow another 2-4 inches at least, but it could be possible to grow six or more.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Overdozer

Isn't what the doctors are saying. I haven't grown in about five years (maybe half an inch), but it's due to growth hormone deficiency. The doctors are saying I should grow another 2-4 inches at least, but it could be possible to grow six or more.
Well good luck then! I actually used HGH on myself 10 ME every day for 5 month to discover a whooping increase in height of 0 f**king centimeters. And I was just 16. But you're different for sure, not only you had GH deficiency, but also testosterone deficiency, so your growth plates aren't fused at 18. I do believe that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up