Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Strongly considering LL surgery - been obsessed with height since late teens  (Read 57558 times)

tapemeasure

Hi, this is my first post on this message board. I'm a 23, nearly 24 year old, guy from the UK. I've been obsessed with my height since the age of 18, to the point of quite bad depression. Since that age, I've always been comparing my height to people around me, wherever I go and whoever they are. When I see people taller than me, I get this strong feeling of envy/hatred/jealousness/bitterness/insecurity. I can't quite describe it, but I get it with anyone who's taller than me, regardless of who they are or what they look like. I always seem to focus in on someone's height. Like I say, I've been like this since 18 and it's not gone away.

My height is 5'10 1/4 early in the morning but can shrink to a bit below 5'10 by the end of the day. I've grown about 1/2 inch in the last 5 years, maybe less, so it's pretty safe to say I'm done growing upwards. My mum is 5'6 and dad is 6', with a brother who is almost 6'1. I have not reached my predicted height of 5'11.5/6'. I put this down to poor nutrition when I was younger (frequently skipped breakfast, usually only ate 2 meals a day, didn't have big portion sizes, suffered from mild anorexia for a year at age 11) and possibly not exercising as much as I should have. I've had really good nutrition and exercise from age 18, tried stretching but that only temporarily increased my height for a few hours (anyone who has done stretching with success, please say).

I have a goal height in mind: I would love to be 6'1. 6' is also ok, but ideally 6'1. Just be to as tall as my dad and brother, and as tall as guys my age (who are mostly 6'+). That would be roughly 3 inches. People might think it's stupid to undergo this surgery when I'm 5'10 (average height in UK and close to average in most Western countries) but like I say, I've had these feelings about height for 5-6 years and they've not gone away.

I'll be doing a lot more research but right now, any comments (including criticism) are welcome. :)

Taller

I completely understand your desire for LL at your age and starting height. I'm almost the same age and almost the same starting height. Social success and confidence for the majority of people during their 20's and early 30's is largely affected and influenced by physical appearance and by superficial factors in general. That's just the reality of our society and anyone who denies it is simply naive or blindly optimistic. Unfortunately height is very apparent, not at all subjective like "handsomeness", and humans (or at least hominids, humans, and many other mammals) have been using it to judge others subconsciously for hundreds of thousands of years. Sadly, in today's younger society, to really have a socially impressive height, one generally needs to be 6'0 or more. To be seen as normal and not get categorized as short, and to be taken seriously by most people (in business and dating), one generally needs to be 5'10 or more.

Everyone I know with parents the height of yours are 6' or more. I understand why you are disappointed. My own parents are 5'2 and 6'2 and I'm significantly shorter than my Dad and other adult male family members. I feel that I can really relate to your situation. I'm male, but I was quite fat as a kid and, like you, suffered from annorexia (though mine varied in severity) when I was 14 and 15. I overcame the annorexia completely but feel that I still lost my two most critical "growing years".

Read as much about LL as you can and don't let impatience, depression, desperation, or anger force you into a stupid decision. Be as patient as you can and study your options very thoroughly before making an informed decision. I've been set on doing LL for six months now, visit this forum almost daily, and am still trying to decide the best course of action possible. You only get one body, and nothing superficial or height related is worth ruining your only body for. LL has great power to help and to hurt you, depending on how you approach it. A lot will lamentably also come down to luck. Like natural height itself, some lazy people get great LL result with cheap and inexperienced doctors, while some very hard working patients with reputable and expensive doctors have many complications, can't gain as much height, and may even have pain for life (such as patellar tendon pain). Please proceed carefully and do everything possible to maximize your chances of success if you do get LL. Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:42:17 PM by Tall »

Sweden

I can relate to that. Everyone in my family is 6'+

I'm 5'11 now and it still feels as if I'm short in many situations.

6'1 or 6'2 is the perfect height. Unfortunately I don't think I can reach this height without looking like a spider or cartoon character.
If I do another 5cm on my femurs I'll be 185/186 with regular shoes though and that's satisfying enough for me. :)

Do 6cm on tibias and call it a day.

You will never get a second chance for a first impression!!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

You sound like the typical LL patient.  Obsessed with height, getting depressed over your height, wanting to be as tall as relatives.

Welcome to the club, and I wish you a successful LL. ;)  Just make sure you learn from the mistakes of those who came before you.  Don't get an internal nail put in your tibiae.  Do either external-only tibiae or internal femurs if you want to avoid the risk of permanent knee discomfort.

shortkid

My mom is 5'5 and my dad is 5'9. I am 5'4. KJNGUEGNIOENGINGIEGJGNEIOENGOIEGNEJGIN Ah!!!!!!!!!!! Things I would do to be 5'10. But if you are just as depressed as I am you deserve the surgery as much as I do. Hoping it helps me and I have the same problems as you. Wish I could have a taller starting height tho. I guess really bad nutrition :/

Taller

When I wear lifts to be 6'0-6'2, I feel incredibly confident and respected. I've noticed being the center of attention at parties with the lifts, then going to parties with similar people without them and being ignored or looked past much more frequently. Sure, my perception and imagination might have an influence on this, but significantly more girls DO approach me when I wearing my lifts, and that's an empirical fact! As superficial and annoying as it is to admit, height definitely plays a role in social success. In your case, height gain would be especially useful because you'd also be doing it to have a better image of yourself, and to feel more comfortable within your family. You're not just doing it to please people who you have no relation to. I think 6CM will work wonders for you. You'd be very close to or within many people's "sweet spot" height range. Just make sure you proceed with caution.

Taller

My mom is 5'5 and my dad is 5'9. I am 5'4. KJNGUEGNIOENGINGIEGJGNEIOENGOIEGNEJGIN Ah!!!!!!!!!!! Things I would do to be 5'10. But if you are just as depressed as I am you deserve the surgery as much as I do. Hoping it helps me and I have the same problems as you. Wish I could have a taller starting height tho. I guess really bad nutrition :/

Sometimes I think that it may be the confidence that results from being taller through LL instead of the height itself that is responsible for many life improvements afterwards. I've read of people going from 5'5 to 5'8 and saying that their life is infinitely better. That's still something, and I hope that you can find happiness with your height despite starting shorter than many others.

Wannabegiant

When I wear lifts to be 6'0-6'2, I feel incredibly confident and respected. I've noticed being the center of attention at parties with the lifts, then going to parties with similar people without them and being ignored or looked past much more frequently. Sure, my perception and imagination might have an influence on this, but significantly more girls DO approach me when I wearing my lifts, and that's an empirical fact! As superficial and annoying as it is to admit, height definitely plays a role in social success. In your case, height gain would be especially useful because you'd also be doing it to have a better image of yourself, and to feel more comfortable within your family. You're not just doing it to please people who you have no relation to. I think 6CM will work wonders for you. You'd be very close to or within many people's "sweet spot" height range. Just make sure you proceed with caution.

Once you have done the surgery, you should try the lifts again some times to see if there are diminishing returns at that point or if being like 6'3 or 6'4 is noticably better than being 6'2. i kind of think being 6'2 is enough since at that height you would tower over most people, while being 6'4 i guess could be nice if you hang out a lot with dudes who are 6'2:ish.

shortkid

Sometimes I think that it may be the confidence that results from being taller through LL instead of the height itself that is responsible for many life improvements afterwards. I've read of people going from 5'5 to 5'8 and saying that their life is infinitely better. That's still something, and I hope that you can find happiness with your height despite starting shorter than many others.

Thanks I am honestly worried that I wont. I wanna be an actor tho and there are some short actors around 5'7-5'9 so I hope I can make it work

Taller

Once you have done the surgery, you should try the lifts again some times to see if there are diminishing returns at that point or if being like 6'3 or 6'4 is noticably better than being 6'2. i kind of think being 6'2 is enough since at that height you would tower over most people, while being 6'4 i guess could be nice if you hang out a lot with dudes who are 6'2:ish.

I'd like to do that someday for sure. I suspect you're right about the diminishing returns, though. Once you're 6'2, I just don't see much advantage of being taller besides success in certain physical endeavors, sports, and the like. It's definitely more intimidating, but possibly at the expense of being charming. Any height above 6'2 just seems like a "bonus" or just cool, but not a significant or notable social advantage over being 6'2. Even standing 6'0 doesn't feel too terribly different from 6'2 socially, although the difference is still noticeable. It would be easy for me to reach 6'0 with LL, but my heart is set on 6'2 so that I can be the same height as my father. I don't want my emotions to force me into making a stupid decision of lengthening too much, so I'm really going to meticulously study proportions and recovery, do research, and follow diaries for at least another six months before I make a decision.

In the meantime, I must say that it's really an awesome and eye-opening experience to try out a variety of different heights through the use of shoe lifts. With combinations of lifts, stacked insoles, and boots, a can gain as much as 13CM over my barefoot height. I'd never lengthen that much, but it sure is fun to "try on" these heights.

Wannabegiant

I'd like to do that someday for sure. I suspect you're right about the diminishing returns, though. Once you're 6'2, I just don't see much advantage of being taller besides success in certain physical endeavors, sports, and the like. It's definitely more intimidating, but possibly at the expense of being charming. Any height above 6'2 just seems like a "bonus" or just cool, but not a significant or notable social advantage over being 6'2. Even standing 6'0 doesn't feel too terribly different from 6'2 socially, although the difference is still noticeable. It would be easy for me to reach 6'0 with LL, but my heart is set on 6'2 so that I can be the same height as my father. I don't want my emotions to force me into making a stupid decision of lengthening too much, so I'm really going to meticulously study proportions and recovery, do research, and follow diaries for at least another six months before I make a decision.

In the meantime, I must say that it's really an awesome and eye-opening experience to try out a variety of different heights through the use of shoe lifts. With combinations of lifts, stacked insoles, and boots, a can gain as much as 13CM over my barefoot height. I'd never lengthen that much, but it sure is fun to "try on" these heights.

Yeah i agree. Maybe 6'1 would be a good in between choice? thats enough to be considered very tall in most places and also you can probably reach that without any problems if you are careful. I think 6'2 would be a big risk in terms of athletic recovery, if you are lengthening from 5'10.

Btw having a combination of 13 cm lifts..doesnt that end up looking weird in the mirror? like you are on stilts? I guess there are dressing choices to hide that sort of thing.

tapemeasure

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Tall: Yes you sound similar to me. It's horrible to grow a few inches shorter than relatives. I don't know if it was my genetics or undereating during my teen years which caused it. If I had parents who were 5'5 and 5'9, with a 5'9 brother, and I had great nutrition growing up, I'd probably be fine. But I feel like I've lost a good 2 inches of potential height due to bad nutrition. I rarely ever see or hear of a dad with a son who is shorter than him. I feel like an exception, in a bad way.

Regarding the lifts, that is an interesting anecdotal finding and shows how much being taller helps. For me personally, I don't think I want to impress anyone. I'd like extra height to feel better in myself, particularly around my family. I hate being seen standing next to my dad or brother nowadays because of the height difference (2-3 inch difference is bigger than you think).

Sweden: Yes I think it is all relative. You feel short and inferior even at 5'11, but another 5'11 guy might be 2 inches taller than his dad and the tallest in his extended family and feel fine. Well done with your success so far with LL and I hope any other operations you have go well too!

Medium: Thank you, I will bear that advice in mind if I decide to get LL surgery.

shortkid: How old are you? I have never heard of a fully grown guy who is shorter than his mum. How bad was your nutrition when you were younger? I know it might come across as arrogant that I want to do LL when I'm 5'10 but I think it is all relative and hopefully you can see why I feel this way. This hasn't been a passing feeling, my obsession with height has gone on for years.

One of the problems I have is cost. :-[ I could afford up to $50k. Anything higher and I would need to save up or get a loan. I've seen places advertised lower than that, but other places advertised closer to $100k. Have there been cases where people have had good LL surgery for $50k or under? (including accommodation costs)

I wouldn't do it, just start wearing Nike Air Max or any other lifts.

LL is meant for people who are desperately in need for a few inches to get close to the average height.

And btw you shouldn't take your father's and brother's height as a reference for your preferred height, because 183cm/185cm is tall (and above average) in almost EVERY country in the world (except Montenegro).

tapemeasure

123: From a psychological point of view, lifts don't feel the same (at least for me). There's a difference between actually being taller and being temporarily taller by wearing shoes with more heel. I know it comes across as arrogant and potentially abusing the point of the surgery if I'm already average height, but what would you say to my obsession with height since late teens (which has led me to quite bad depression)? I'm 99.99% certain it's because of height. I've worked out, improved my appearance in other ways, tried achieving other things, but I always feel as if I have something missing (height). I definitely think it's relative - if I was the same height as my dad and brother, I don't think I'd care nearly as much. I often like to stand on tip toes without shoes on and I love the height I am when I do that. I can get to 6'1 on tip toes. If I could get decent quality LL surgery within my budget, that would be a dream come true, but I understand that it may not be quite as simple as that.

I appreciate your alternative point of view though (I did ask for criticism) and welcome all opinions and advice. :)

Taller

Plenty of people have had very satisfactory results with LL for under $50k. For that price, you could afford exclusively internal lengthening nails for use in your femurs with many doctors in third world countries. Some of these doctors actually have very impressive qualifications. Dr. Franz Birkholtz in the developed nation of South Africa charges 52K for Precise 2 femurs, including three months of accommodation. You could also lengthen your tibiae externally, successfully, for significsntly less with the right doctor. You could pay around 50k total to have it done externally in France, Germany, the United States or another first world country.

I believe that you can make your height-related dreams come true for $50k. Just make sure that you do a lot of research before  deciding anything, and don't let your emotions lead you into making a decision too quickly.

123: From a psychological point of view, lifts don't feel the same (at least for me). There's a difference between actually being taller and being temporarily taller by wearing shoes with more heel. I know it comes across as arrogant and potentially abusing the point of the surgery if I'm already average height, but what would you say to my obsession with height since late teens (which has led me to quite bad depression)? I'm 99.99% certain it's because of height. I've worked out, improved my appearance in other ways, tried achieving other things, but I always feel as if I have something missing (height). I definitely think it's relative - if I was the same height as my dad and brother, I don't think I'd care nearly as much. I often like to stand on tip toes without shoes on and I love the height I am when I do that. I can get to 6'1 on tip toes. If I could get decent quality LL surgery within my budget, that would be a dream come true, but I understand that it may not be quite as simple as that.

I appreciate your alternative point of view though (I did ask for criticism) and welcome all opinions and advice. :)

I would recommend visiting an psychologist, you have to do that either way if you're serious about LL (unless you go to an unproffesional doctor). I'm sure that would help you a lot.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

I agree with Tall, $50k is enough to get LL.  That's cutting it really close for some countries and internal methods, but in other countries and with external methods that will be plenty.  You could probably afford internal femurs with Dr. Birkholtz in South Africa or Dr. Jamal in Ukraine, or external tibiae in China which includes full accommodation in a hospital rather than a guesthouse for as long as you're a patient.

Taller

LL is meant for people who are desperately in need for a few inches to get close to the average height.

Please enlighten me if there is some supreme entity determining and sharing with you what some things, such as LL, are "meant for" and they are not "meant for". I am currently aware of no such entity and would greatly appreciate the enlightenment.

As far as I know, voting was once "not meant for" women. Public office in the United States was "not meant for" blacks. The Internet was "not meant for" entertainment or for the average human to access. Nuclear technology was "meant for" being an instrument of war. I could go on.

Sorry if this comes off as rude. No offense is intended. I just don't believe that the "need" for LL or severity of height neurosis of an individual correlates directly with starting height, until around 6'1. If someone has researched the procedure, knows the realistic risks, and is still willing to go through with it, I don't think we should judge them regardless of their starting height. There's a reason why no 6'2 guy has come on here looking to get LL for the first time, but many people 5'9-6'0 have.

Please enlighten me if there is some supreme entity determining and sharing with you what some things, such as LL, are "meant for" and they are not "meant for". I am currently aware of no such entity and would greatly appreciate the enlightenment.

As far as I know, voting was once "not meant for" women. Public office in the United States was "not meant for" blacks. The Internet was "not meant for" entertainment or for the average human to access. Nuclear technology was "meant for" being an instrument of war. I could go on.

Sorry if this comes off as rude. No offense is intended. I just don't believe that the "need" for LL or severity of height neurosis of an individual correlates directly with starting height, until around 6'1. If someone has researched the procedure, knows the realistic risks, and is still willing to go through with it, I don't think we should judge them regardless of their starting height. There's a reason why no 6'2 guy has come on here looking to get LL for the first time, but many people 5'9-6'0 have.

We all know that LL is an orthopedic procedure, which is most commonly used to treat people with one shorter leg than the other for whatever reason (trauma, growing problems etc.). I guess you agree with me on that point.

It is also used for people with dwarfism, usually they lengthen legs and arms (all 4 segments) so they can live a more normal life. I think you also agree with this.

And it is also used sometimes, but very rarely for people who are natuarlly short (mostly genetics), with natuarlly short i mean people around the 5th percentile for height.

So the reason why i say it's meant for short people is pretty simple, any orthopaedic surgeron can do LL and they all do it on an everyday basis, but just not for people around average height, this is a fact, argue as much as you want about this. If you don't believe why don't you just go to your nearest hospital and arrange a date with an orthopaedic surgeron and and ask him if he will lengthen your legs.

There is a reason why you only see a few docs on this kind of forums, they realized they can earn good money from this, but there is no medical or social reason for this.

Height neurosis my ass, you have other kind of problems, even if this kind of people would be 6'6 they would still have an unhappy life.

Taller

There is a reason why you only see a few docs on this kind of forums, they realized they can earn good money from this, but there is no medical or social reason for this.

On the contrary, almost all other cosmetic surgeries are more lucrative than CLL. CLL is not very lucrative for doctors, and is impractical to offer because of the very high level of risk involved and long-term commitment to the patient that is required. Dr. Franz Birkholtz himself has stated that he only makes 2-3k USD from a single procedure with Precise 2.

There is much more to why CLL isn't widely available. CLL is generally not highly lucrative at all, unless done in a developing country in large quantities, at inflated prices, and often with sketchy middle men, advertising, and deals like the one that was recently exposed on this forum.

If there is no social reason for this, why do many 5'7+ men who have been declared sane by reputable psychologists often pay 50-100k for the procedure?

endomorphisme

@123

I'm  slightly above 182 cm , and i don't have any problems or insecurities, except my height.I'm studying in an engineering school, i don't tkink i'm ugly,and  i have a decent body.

I feel envy in your message, you think LL is only for very short men, but many LL patients are 175-178 cm today, the shortest are generally 170 cm, actually many patients who undergo LL are considerably above the 5th percentil.Most are between the 20th and the 60 th percentile.

The difference lies in being above average or tall OR being average or not short/shortish.
Someone who is below average don't want  to be at a permanent disadvantage in business, women and social sucess while someone who is already average want to be tall to get some advantages that tallness may afford.
I'm not saying that height is everything, but  it's better to be tall than just average.
The average height of students in my school is 179-180 cm.From my experience, from what i see everyday, the more charismatic students, are not the more studious, but the tall ones.
The student life is pretty nice here, plus, my school is rather big, and the ones who manage to be charismatic  are generally tall (like 186-192 cm).
I don't hold the truth, what i say is only empirical, but i think there is a  corelation between height, charism, women,etc...
The question is:how strong is this link?Scientisy have always failed to  demonstrate the fact that height matters or does not matter.

If you don't believe why don't you just go to your nearest hospital and arrange a date with an orthopaedic surgeron and and ask him if he will lengthen your legs.

Maybe,they are not competent enough, or not informed enough to do LL?

IwannaBeTaller

I would recommend visiting an psychologist, you have to do that either way if you're serious about LL (unless you go to an unproffesional doctor). I'm sure that would help you a lot.

Totally agree with you. OP, you should see a psychologist or therapist if you are that desperate about your height. It could help you alot in your entire life and it is entirely possible you come to terms with yourself, because your height is totally fine. I'm a bit shocked that most people in this thread immediately advised you to go for the surgery, even though you admitted you suffer from bad depression.

It seems that many men who end up shorter than their fathers are especially unhappy with their height, me included. That would be an interesting aspect for psychologists examine. Nonetheless, every doctor out there will tell you that, although being shorter than your father is not as common as the other way around, it is perfectly normal and NO proof of stunted growth.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

tapemeasure

I will bear the psychologist/therapist advice in mind.

You have a point about guys who end up shorter than their father. That is probably the number 1 reason I want LL surgery. There is something really awful about not reaching the height of your closest male relatives. To not be equal to them in something as apparent and obvious as height, feels soul destroying (at least it does to me).

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

I will bear the psychologist/therapist advice in mind.

You have a point about guys who end up shorter than their father. That is probably the number 1 reason I want LL surgery. There is something really awful about not reaching the height of your closest male relatives. To not be equal to them in something as apparent and obvious as height, feels soul destroying (at least it does to me).

I feel your pain about the male relatives.  Being 5'7 in a family of ~6' guys made me feel really bad about myself.  I felt like a runt rather than just a short guy.

@123

I'm  slightly above 182 cm , and i don't have any problems or insecurities, except my height.I'm studying in an engineering school, i don't tkink i'm ugly,and  i have a decent body.

I feel envy in your message, you think LL is only for very short men, but many LL patients are 175-178 cm today, the shortest are generally 170 cm, actually many patients who undergo LL are considerably above the 5th percentil.Most are between the 20th and the 60 th percentile.

The difference lies in being above average or tall OR being average or not short/shortish.
Someone who is below average don't want  to be at a permanent disadvantage in business, women and social sucess while someone who is already average want to be tall to get some advantages that tallness may afford.
I'm not saying that height is everything, but  it's better to be tall than just average.
The average height of students in my school is 179-180 cm.From my experience, from what i see everyday, the more charismatic students, are not the more studious, but the tall ones.
The student life is pretty nice here, plus, my school is rather big, and the ones who manage to be charismatic  are generally tall (like 186-192 cm).
I don't hold the truth, what i say is only empirical, but i think there is a  corelation between height, charism, women,etc...
The question is:how strong is this link?Scientisy have always failed to  demonstrate the fact that height matters or does not matter.

You are not wrong, being taller is almost always better. But if you are already 182.5 cm, you have other problems. I can tell that even if you were 190cm or 195cm, you would still be as successful as you are now.

They are all competent enough, they just won't do it because there is no need to do it.

IwannaBeTaller

@123

If everyone would do LL, including average and tall people, because "taller is always better", everyone would just be 10 cm taller, the ones who were tall before would still be tall and the short ones still short, and the suffering of the short ones would still be the same. Only now everyone would have damaged, disproportionally long legs. It would change nothing. LL only makes sense if only a little part of the population does it.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Taller

If everyone would do LL, including average and tall people, because "taller is always better", everyone would just be 10 cm taller, the ones who were tall before would still be tall and the short ones still short, and the suffering of the short ones would still be the same. Only now everyone would have damaged, disproportionally long legs. It would change nothing. LL only makes sense if only a little part of the population does it.

Trust me, it's never going to come to that. What percentage of the female population in developed nations has had plastic surgeries such as rhinoplasty, liposuction, or boob jobs? Not the majority or anywhere near it. It's very affordable these days and still only a small percentage of women has undergone these procedures. Some were already very beautiful to begin with, but they did it, and for many, it fixed their insecurities. I predict the same for LL

On the contrary, almost all other cosmetic surgeries are more lucrative than CLL. CLL is not very lucrative for doctors, and is impractical to offer because of the very high level of risk involved and long-term commitment to the patient that is required. Dr. Franz Birkholtz himself has stated that he only makes 2-3k USD from a single procedure with Precise 2.

There is much more to why CLL isn't widely available. CLL is generally not highly lucrative at all, unless done in a developing country in large quantities, at inflated prices, and often with sketchy middle men, advertising, and deals like the one that was recently exposed on this forum.

If there is no social reason for this, why do many 5'7+ men who have been declared sane by reputable psychologists often pay 50-100k for the procedure?

Ohh, I just saw this now.

You changed your previous statement, 5'7 men are probably the ones who will gain the most out of LL because they will be around average height after the procedure. You can say whatever you want but it is just retarded if you do LL when you're around average height, a few inches won't make you a millionaire or a womanizer, if you are loser, you will be still a loser after LL.

Maybe some of you don't realize this but there as many (if not more) tall man who are unsuccessful and are doing bad in life as there are guys who are doing great. You won't turn magically into an rich model guy with dozens of "sexbuddys", you will stay whatever you are, only with longer legs. 

Europa

There's a reason why no 6'2 guy has come on here looking to get LL for the first time, but many people 5'9-6'0 have.

It's spot on - of course nobody 6'1 or 6'2 would come on here and think about LL. This is –arguably– the best height in western societies, as you're still somewhat "average" but definitely on the taller side. Not too tall, but tall enough to differentiate yourself from most (hell, even 6'2 is slightly overkill in my book).

Maybe some of you don't realize this but there as many (if not more) tall man who are unsuccessful and are doing bad in life as there are guys who are doing great. You won't turn magically into an rich model guy with dozens of "sexbuddys", you will stay whatever you are, only with longer legs.

That's true, but I struggle to see your point. The fact that LL means diminishing returns (socially speaking) for folks taller than 5'7 doesn't mean it's not worth it to them.

Overdozer

I just wish I could add 2 more inches! Dude, the ones with starting height of 172+ are so lucky I fking hate them!
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

tapemeasure

I feel your pain about the male relatives.  Being 5'7 in a family of ~6' guys made me feel really bad about myself.  I felt like a runt rather than just a short guy.

I know that feel.  :( :'(

I've been researching more and definitely seems like max I should be lengthening is 6cm (like someone said earlier in the thread). I am fine with 6cm. Should I go 5cm or is 6cm ok? No idea whether to do it on tibias or femurs.

I'm a healthy individual, strong and thick bones, no physical health problems, no joint/nerve/tendon problems, never been injured through exercise. I'm not sure how much difference that makes to how smoothly LL goes?

Just measured my height (end of the day here) - 5'9 3/4. I think it's more like 5'10 on the dot first thing in the morning, not 5'10 1/4 like I said in the first post.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up