Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need Help  (Read 1831 times)

haith

• Visitor
I need Help
« on: July 16, 2014, 08:27:26 PM »

Hi Guys

I am thinking about going through a  leg lengthening surgery with the Precice nail , I am 5'3 which is very short ,I consulted with  the doctor and he said  said that it takes a year to just add 6 cm which is too long , he will start with one leg  and after adding the 6 cm which will take half a year  he will go for other one
aren't there any other types of leg lengthening surgeries that can do the lengthening faster ? a year is too much for only 6 cm

your help is appreciated
thanks

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: I need Help
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 08:29:25 PM »

Hi Guys

I am thinking about going through a  leg lengthening surgery with the Precice nail , I am 5'3 which is very short ,I consulted with  the doctor and he said  said that it takes a year to just add 6 cm which is too long , he will start with one leg  and after adding the 6 cm which will take half a year  he will go for other one
aren't there any other types of leg lengthening surgeries that can do the lengthening faster ? a year is too much for only 6 cm

your help is appreciated
thanks

Which doctor did you consult with that gave you this option? You should be perfectly able to do bilateral lengthening (both legs at once) and significantly reduce the duration of the procedure. If you were to do bilateral lengthening with LON it would only take 3 months or so for distraction before you can remove the frames and continue your recovery back home.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

haith

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 09:10:01 PM »

doing two legs at the same time will restrict my movement that's what the doctor said

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 09:14:59 PM »

doing two legs at the same time will restrict my movement that's what the doctor said

Seems like a large waste of time to me. Besides, you'll have a limb length discrepancy until you do the second leg and what if you decide the first lengthening is too much pain and too uncomfortable the first time? The second time around is going to be even more unbearable for you. Maybe BilateralDamage can help you with what to expect with bilateral lengthening with Precice 2.

Both at the same time makes more sense to me and most cases of lengthening for cosmetic cases are bilateral. 
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

BilateralDamage

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »

Seems like a large waste of time to me.

HUGE waste of time!  I have no idea why any doctor would suggest this.  Of course you're going to have limited mobility either way, your legs are broken.  Also with the weight-bearing limitations on PRECICE 2, you'd still be able to have mobility whether or not 1 leg is broken or both are.  I'm on crutches right now (both legs broken) and getting around just fine.

haith

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 10:04:24 PM »

Did you do  the surgery with the precice nail ? , is it possible to add 14 cm or more using this nail and how long does it take to add 14 cm , can you also  please tell me about the pain , is it bearable ? , do you recommend it to me my height is 5'3 which is too short ?
can I walk normally and what are the mobility limitations ?
 I spoke with the doctor but I also want to know from people who did it
thank you

Blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 12:13:36 AM »

The limit on the precice2 is 8 cms.  Nobody should do 14 in one segment.  Your proportions would be way off and it would take years to recover.

theuprising

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »

People have done 14 cm over 2 segments although you may have to consider arm lengthening if you go too far over your wingspan.
Sysop from the old forum went over his by around 12 cm and had to do this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up