Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Found some interesting information  (Read 3016 times)

GeTs

Found some interesting information
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »

I was doing some research on it and found a quite interesting info:
The formule for lengthening is simple: femurs and tibias can be lengthened by 10-15% from original length, so it's best for a patient 150-160cm tall to do 5-6cm, while a human 170-180cm tall can lengthen up to 6-8 cm
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:47:47 PM by Hallijah »

shortkid

Re: Found some interesting information
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:33:36 PM »

Please post the link to the original article

GeTs

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »

Why wouldn't you believe me?

"Формула расчета проста: голень или бедро можно удлинить на 10-15% от исходной длины. Так, при росте 150-160 см лучше ограничиться величиной удлинения 5-6 см, а человеку с ростом 170-180 см можно удлинить голени на величину 6-8 см."

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:56:08 PM by Hallijah »

TRS

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 06:16:06 AM »

Effects of bone lengthening on surrounding tissues
Gradual bone lengthening has a negative impact on the surrounding muscles through stretch, impalement by pins and wires, pain and inflammation. The speed of the gain in length during callotasis with a 1-mm/day rate is about four to eight times faster than during the adolescent growth spurt with its temporary muscle shortenings [8]. No wonder that the clinical challenges of muscle distraction and subsequent decrease of adjacent joint range of motion go in parallel with the amount of lengthening. This is reflected by histological changes after lengthening of more than 30 % of its original length [22, 116–119], as the whole muscle from origin to insertion is stretched [81]. The elastic limit of stretched muscles (strength–strain curve) is 10–15 % of the length at rest. Excessive stretch leads to plastic deformation and subsequent contractures, which commonly affect muscles spanning two joints (rectus femoris, hamstrings). There are only few data about the loss of muscle power during the distraction–consolidation process and the speed and amount of recovery thereafter. There is a small residual decrease in muscle strength and power after surgical lengthening without any impact on the activities of daily living [120]. Pre-operative muscle training as a preventive measure and a post-operative intense rehabilitation programme including continuous passive motion, extension splint, strengthening and stretching exercises, as well as proprioceptive training, are mandatory until the pre-operative level is reached [66]. Nerves and vessels adapt in length during the distraction process and recover from temporary degenerative changes within 2 months after the halting of distraction [104]. Excessive gradual (>20–30 %) or acute distraction (>15 %) may both lead to partial or complete loss of nerve potentials [121, 122].

Joint cartilage may be exposed to reactive forces which increase linearly with distraction [123]. In addition, non-weight-bearing and decreased range of motion diminishes nutrition of the cartilage and may support histological changes which appear after 30 % lengthening in animal experiments [124, 125].

Physeal cartilage shows experimental histopathological changes secondary to increased axial load [124]. However, alterations of the growth rate were never observed in a clinical setting [126].
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3364349/

GeTs

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:59:57 AM »

Cool man, I'd like to add that hamstring decides speed and pulling it off will decrease speed and agility, not to say that's its extremely painful

Moubgf

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 02:07:31 PM »

Who cares what they say,

You are still gonna do the procedure. And you are probably still gonna do 7.5 cm so i do not matter.

GeTs

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 02:36:58 PM »

Who cares what they say,

You are still gonna do the procedure. And you are probably still gonna do 7.5 cm so i do not matter.
Nope, 5 cm will do for me, i'm 5'10 at my lowest

Moubgf

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 06:42:15 PM »

Nope, 5 cm will do for me, i'm 5'10 at my lowest

Yeh well i don't know wtf you are doing on this site in the first place.. Insecure idiot.. well whatever bro, Bet you will be ZooMG puzzy slayer once you done your leg lengthening. Because if you cant make it at 5'10 you damn well will be god at 6'1 right? ha.ha..

GeTs

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 09:25:44 PM »

ofc u don't , u don't even know me or the reasons i'm doing it

Wannabegiant

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »

This confirms the benefits of lengthening less and at a slower pace for recovery, most of us already where pretty sure about it but good to have some studies to back it up.

This study also makes it seem almost expected for someone like me who did only 4.3 cm to recover 100%, eventually.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 12:37:51 PM by Wannabegiant »
Pages: [1]   Go Up