Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reporting on my consultation with Paley  (Read 2202 times)

programdude

Reporting on my consultation with Paley
« on: July 05, 2014, 03:36:19 AM »

Figured I would post here since some may be wondering about this. On the first of the month I consulted with Dr. Paley, the process was:
Schedule two weeks in advance/book flights and hotel.
Fly in a day early, arrive at the Paley institute to fill out paperwork
Go to St Marys for body scans(this took forever for them to get it positioned right, only for them to realize they were doing the wrong scan- Then they tried the right one and it overheated... Three hours later I was finally done)
Get to the hotel(brace yourself for incomprehensible taxi drivers and spending sixty bucks for any round trip) sleep, wake up early, taxi back to the institute

Paley and his assistant confirmed I should have no problem lengthening the maximum allowed by the precice, which would put me at 5 11. Said patients weren't allowed to lengthen at home, that insurance would cover no part of anything, that no patient had ever had complications requiring additional surgery with the exception of one who had nerve issues from not following protocol, and that I could expect to be normal within a year.

As for the man himself he was very likable, though like others have said he does state that you will be butchered anywhere but with him.

Have my surgery scheduled for the 22nd... 18 days from now! I'm not going there with anyone and know no one there. No one I know is aware of my plans, so any support here is more than welcome. Have a diary here you can follow as things develop. My days will be pretty much just PT, exercise(which I will force myself to do), and using my laptop so I should be able to keep it updated.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Grow

• Visitor
Re: Reporting on my consultation with Paley
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:30:47 PM »

I had my consultation with Paley on the 30th. Had to wait for over 4 hours to see him. But now I have my surgery date. July 29!

programdude

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 09:02:38 PM »

That is quite interesting. I was there that day to check in, and it was crazy since he had just come back in from being away, I can imagine it took forever.
Its also interesting that you were the one who took the date I originally wanted(mainly because they didn't tell me about the dates earlier in the month.

Anyways, coincidences aside, where are you staying?
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Grow

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »

That is quite interesting. I was there that day to check in, and it was crazy since he had just come back in from being away, I can imagine it took forever.
Its also interesting that you were the one who took the date I originally wanted(mainly because they didn't tell me about the dates earlier in the month.

Anyways, coincidences aside, where are you staying?
I'll be renting an apartment for the first few weeks and then go back home to complete lengthening.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »

Did Paley quote you guys a cost?

programdude

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 02:49:52 AM »

More than quote, I've paid 85k

the surgery is 85k with a 5k discount if you mention old forum . And 5K for band releases. This is including PT but excluding accommodations food etc. You can expect with consultation, flights, and all related expenses to spend 95-100k

Pages: [1]   Go Up