Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guys, be wary of fake patients  (Read 5532 times)

alps

Guys, be wary of fake patients
« on: May 20, 2014, 04:12:41 AM »

hi guys,
I noticed a lot of new members on the forum, claiming to be patients and saying stuff about their doctors.
All that MIGHT be true.
I don't know if it is or not.
But I just wanted people remind themselves that this is an open forum and anyone can say anything. It is easily possible for a doctor to be posting such things himself.

IMHO, those who post with some plausible evidence like videos, X-Ray pics, etc. might be believable.

I don't know how such things are prevented in most forums, but I sure hope the admin is doing the needful to prevent this to the greatest extent possible.

Thank you

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Guys, be wary of fake patients
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 04:36:23 AM »

I don't know of any fake patients on this forum. I do know on the old forum there's at least one fake diary that the admin refuses to delete.  :D
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

alps

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:41:40 AM »

well I guess I'm too paranoid then.

But I think it makes more sense to believe someone who posts with some evidence instead of someone who just writes text.

Blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 04:54:42 AM »

Yeah I don't think I have seen a fake patient diary except Crazy+6/Phantom.

But it seems like SysOp and/or Crazy+6 have been on LL Forum.

I think there are more daily users of this forum now and old forum  is getting lonely.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 05:33:33 AM »

old forum  most online today: 224
LL Forum: 70

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 05:34:25 AM »

Everything on this forum "might" be true, unfortunately.  Such is the nature of internet forums.

IamAndrew

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 05:42:54 AM »

I leave 2 gifts to fuel your paranoia.

I'm actually SysOP/Apotheo.

And.

;)
Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 06:31:28 AM »

Yeah I don't think I have seen a fake patient diary except Crazy+6/Phantom.

But it seems like SysOp and/or Crazy+6 have been on LL Forum.

I think there are more daily users of this forum now and old forum  is getting lonely.

The number of active members on at any given time is usually on par with old forum  and I think LL Forum's members are a lot more active than old forum 's recently. old forum  still has a much larger amount of guests on it though.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Orlando

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 06:31:46 AM »

That's a misleading stat.  Alot of that 224 "visitors"  are actually spider crawlers aka web bots, because the old forum has been around longer, which is why you see so many "guests" on there.   

In terms of actual log in users, LL Forum is already equal.  This forum is also more active in terms of participation, which is remarkable for a new forum not even one year old.

I would rather be with a group of LLers who genuinely care about each other than knuckleheads with hidden agendas.   

Who cares about quantity when you can't trust that the information there has not been edited and tampered with because of shady deals? 

This LL forum is ever growing and heading in the right direction.  As one of the first member here, it's exciting to see how this forum has evolved from the early days. 

The quality of discussion and honesty of the members here is refreshing and paints a much more accurate picture about the reality of doing LL.    That's what really matters.

LLL

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »

old forum  apparently has more visitors and readers, but that's likely because there is, at least for now, a whole lot more information built up over there over time with lots of old diaries. Post-wise this forum is growing way more and is already a lot more active, so it seems like old forum  is slowing down. During the last three weeks, over 1300 posts have been submitted here on LL Forum, twice as many as on old forum .  8)

alps

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 06:33:20 AM »

Guys, I'm kinda being a little serious here.
Polycrates went to Sringari because of what he read on the forums. Just that.
All I'm saying is, we shouldn't get completely *moved* when someone new randomly posts about how he's a patient of some doctor and is doing awesome/doing very bad. The bias builds!
Soon we start making general statements about the doctor like "lots of people have had good results with him". What are those results? What newbies randomly posted?

I guess no one can say what is right or wrong behind a computer. But if you're going to get both your legs broken, you better be careful.

Looking at the financial aspect, imagine you were a doctor.
You might make about 3-4k for every surgery.
How hard is it pose as a successful patient and post here?
It makes a lot of sense to me. Everyone is trying to achieve something in life. Even doctors are.

Anyway, all that stuff might be true. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

ppatient

• banned - clone account
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 12:12:35 AM »

Creating fake patients is difficult if there are other patients at the guesthouse. They would notice
I wouldn't trust the diaries, though, because patients are still under doctor's care. Do you think they're going to post negative things? They would be mad if they did that.
This happened with Sarin, Siringari and other flowers and rainbows doctors. Cooper went to Monegal because of what he read in Musicmaker's posts and there you have... Both of them screwed for years, according to LLuser1. I tend to believe  this guy. He was banned because he was annoying but not for telling lies.

LLCaptain

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 12:20:06 AM »

Be aware of that guy Paley in Florida too. DO NOT go to this doctor, do not collect 200. In fact, do not do LL at all oh my goodness so dangerous.

People thought he was the best doctor in the world from his online reputation and diaries. People trusted these diaries but nooo look what happened:

https://sites.google.com/site/mycrippledleg/home/dr-paley-2-html

crimsonfag

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 12:25:32 AM »

Be aware of that guy Paley in Florida too. DO NOT go to this doctor, do not collect 200. In fact, do not do LL at all oh my goodness so dangerous.

People thought he was the best doctor in the world from his online reputation and diaries. People trusted these diaries but nooo look what happened:

https://sites.google.com/site/mycrippledleg/home/dr-paley-2-html

thanks m8

cuz

price =/= quality

the reason why paley's fee or any american doctor is highh is mostly because of their fked up healthcare.

guichet seem to be better than paley. but i dont like his bs pre op training program

ub40

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 04:25:20 AM »

There was an obvious fake thread posted by a supposed patient of Abu Nemer, I was actually going to use that doctor until I read her testimonial.

Any doctor that goes out of their way to post lies is obviously hiding something
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

crimsonfag

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 06:14:20 AM »

There was an obvious fake thread posted by a supposed patient of Abu Nemer, I was actually going to use that doctor until I read her testimonial.

Any doctor that goes out of their way to post lies is obviously hiding something

+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up