Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which India doctor is best?  (Read 6880 times)

Devyani

• Visitor
Which India doctor is best?
« on: May 15, 2014, 09:42:04 PM »

I want to get lengthening of lower legs for 6 cm or something similar. I can only do the surgery in India not just because money but also because I have family there and used to live there also so it is more comfortable for me. I have budget of 1,487,000 INR which is close to 25,000 USD. Which doctor there do people here think is best to go to?

Cannibal

Re: Which India doctor is best?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 10:04:26 PM »

To answer your question: an India doctor that's not in India. If you want an Indian so bad then find an Indian doc in the states and then you can at least sue his ass if he cripples you because of US health laws. Or just go to Doctor Mahboubian, he's close enough to Indian.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 10:07:38 PM »

India is risky but there may be some good doctors there.

There have been many bad experiences with Sringari and Sarin so I would avoid them.

Taller

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »

In my opinion, Dr. Parihar, who was personally trained by Dr. Paley. Form your own opinion though.

KrP1

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 10:25:21 PM »

With that money . Go to rusia.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »

Meet with multiple doctors and start first with the three below who trained with Dr Paley.

1) Mangal Parihar
2) Naveen Talwar
3) Suhas Shah

I'll be meeting all of them and I listed those three in my current order of preference. Dr Talwar went to King George's Medical University, which is consistently rated one of the top medical colleges in India. He will also probably be the most inexpensive option just because Delhi is all around cheaper to live in than Mumbai.

On the other hand, Dr Parihar went to Seth G S. Medical College which is also among the best in India and limb lengthening is his primary interest. He's around double the cost but you might have an extra degree of security with him.

Anyway, meet with them in addition to some others and form your own opinions. I just listed the three above based on whose credentials look most impressive to me.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

jumonelso

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 07:29:22 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I am a true former India patient from late 2013.  Did my surgery with Dr. Sarin and I will tell you most of the negative things you read are not true.

I had a solid experience and am currently close to walking normally.

Recovering here at home.  Please let me know if you have questions. If someone would like to start a thread, be my guest. Not sure how to do that on here.

MAN-OF-STEEL

• It's not an S
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 03:49:50 AM »

Personally I would be very apprehensive in doing this surgery in India

Cannibal

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 03:27:41 PM »

Personally I would be very apprehensive in doing this surgery in India

As would I. If the doctor is in India, then you know for a fact that he's crap when it comes to limb lengthening.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

lolwut

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 08:13:37 AM »

In my opinion, Dr. Parihar, who was personally trained by Dr. Paley. Form your own opinion though.

What's the big deal about Parihar anyway? How do we know he's not a butcher like the other doctors in India? As far as I know Dr Chaudhary was also a fellow of Paley and his results were horrible according to the people who reported back from doing surgery in Akola.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 09:17:15 AM »

The beauty of Parihar is that his reputation is easily obtained by a google search. You can find youtube videos, authored textbooks, and case studies. He does not shill or advertise himself to cosmetic patients, and conducts himself with transparency and honesty.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 01:50:43 PM »

Speaking for myself, I've been very happy with Dr Parihar's conduct so far. I get a thorough checkup every two weeks from both himself and Dr Divya where not only does he examine my x-rays carefully but he also checks my frame and leg strength/flexibility. He always answers my questions thoughtfully and doesn't give me the "don't worry" spiel that other doctors have given when patients voice their concerns. During each checkup I get anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour of his time depending on how many patients are there and I never feel rushed. If I need anything on other days, then I can quickly reach Dr Parihar or Dr Divya through Whatsapp. Can't comment on the final result as I'm still in the process, but in terms of doctor ethics and compassion he's been grade A throughout.

Gichelu

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 06:27:51 PM »

Is there consensus on which doctor is best for India? Russia is becoming to hard for visa so I think India is only choice for me right now. Problem is there are so many doctors we know of there. On the forum listing we have

Doctor Suhas Shah in Mumbai
Doctor Mangal Parihar in Mumbai
Doctor Sushant in Hyderabad
Doctor Amar Sarin in New Delhi
Doctor Manish Dhawan in New Delhi
Doctor Naveen Talwar in New Delhi
Doctor T Sringari in New Delhi
Doctor BS Murthy in New Delhi
Indian Spinal Injuries Center in New Delhi

Then there is Doctor Milind Chaudhary in Akola but he is not listed here although he trained with Paley.

Oh my god that's 10 doctors to choose from 0_0
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »

You could always visit and have a consultation with all ten doctors  ;D

GeTs

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 09:00:18 PM »

Apparently every doctor trained with paley

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 02:07:33 AM »

From reading Kilokahn's consultations with all the doctors, my favorite was Parihar and I'm glad Kilo chose him.  He said all the right stuff on the topics that I consider important.

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 09:09:52 PM »

I am trusting India doctors less and less now. I think even the ones who are insisting they had a good job done by doctors in India are in a bad position in reality and are to upset to admit this. We know the bad cases of Sarin, bad cases of Sringari, bad report of Dr Chaudhary on two websites, the only Dhawan diary suddenly stopped updating, user here had bad result with Shah. Also the latest Sringari patient has a problem with his legs angles. I am concerned for him. You can see the walking video.

http://s304.photobucket.com/user/lenox39/media/003_zps5kd3qvyx.mp4.html
I've got to do what I've got to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up