Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Factors that Impact Ease of Recovery  (Read 931 times)

InFullStryde

Factors that Impact Ease of Recovery
« on: December 24, 2019, 06:44:34 PM »

Hi CLL'ers,

I thought it would be helpful to start a thread regarding factors that will impact the ease of recovery during CLL.   I feel that there are enough case studies to begin making careful, educated, inferences.  This post is not to detour anyone from going forward with CLL because frankly CLL was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  Rather, I want to begin putting together notes that draw connections between life situation and ease of recovery.   Based on my experience and being a close follower of others on this message board; here are a few notes below:

Age: Optimal timing  20 to 29,  Medium 30 - 39,  Toughest above 40
Starting Height:  Taller the better.  At 5'1, I experienced early tightness and was slower to get to normal gait than CLL'ers above 5'4
Relationship Status: I personally believe it's easier to go through this as a single man. For me, having a partner made it difficult since I knew I coudn't be there in the same way during this process.
Parental Status: I personally believe it's easier to go through this without children for obvious reasons; similar to the above.

Curious of opinion on the above factors and other factors that could impact the ease of recovery.   It would be helpful for prospect CLL'ers to understand what they "MAY" be able to expect.  Additionally, for young men and woman interested in going forward with CLL; this information would be helpful to have as one desires to pursue CLL in the most optimal life situation possible.

Education levels:?
Mental health:?
Career Status:?
Family Support:?

Note: So far, based on the message board information and other notes available online and through hear/say, I have yet to know of one stryde patient who was not up and walking well; back to normal activies by the 6 month point.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Moncx

Re: Factors that Impact Ease of Recovery
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 03:42:39 AM »

Mental health.
Anxiety is a big problem during the proccess

afaq379006

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 12:38:32 PM »

patience and pain tolerance  is biggest issue

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 04:57:44 PM »

Hi... someone in there early 50s.. did leg lengthening surgery
.. at the old forum site.. and made it look very easy to do ...

Nestor

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 05:28:56 PM »

I think family support is a big one which can be overlooked. Doing this type of thing alone is incredibly tough, having those close to you around when going through this process would be a huge plus to help you through the bad times.

Movie

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 08:35:57 PM »

I'd kindly disagree on doing it as a single man is optimal, my girlfriend at the time helped me a lot during the beginning of the process, it would've been a lot more difficult had she not been there for me, I'll always be grateful to her for that. Also doing it alone might cause some kind of anxiety or depression to someone who isn't as strong minded and positive naturally, always better to do it with a partner who's willing to support you 100% on it or a friend, or also someone who's doing CLL with you such as MyEvolution and supercj to share the journey with
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

InFullStryde

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 09:42:01 PM »

I'd kindly disagree on doing it as a single man is optimal, my girlfriend at the time helped me a lot during the beginning of the process, it would've been a lot more difficult had she not been there for me, I'll always be grateful to her for that. Also doing it alone might cause some kind of anxiety or depression to someone who isn't as strong minded and positive naturally, always better to do it with a partner who's willing to support you 100% on it or a friend, or also someone who's doing CLL with you such as MyEvolution and supercj to share the journey with

Sounds like a keeper, Movie. :-) Great to hear this.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

E Z

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 01:03:12 AM »

I’m 25 and was was previously 5’5.5 and currently 4 months into recovery. I’m pretty sure it’s going to take me another month or two to get back to normal gait.

I haven’t seen anyone ever recover before the 5-6 month timeline with a pretty good lookin gait outside of movie. Lol.

ooooooooooooooooooppps

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 01:25:20 AM »

I’m 25 and was was previously 5’5.5 and currently 4 months into recovery. I’m pretty sure it’s going to take me another month or two to get back to normal gait.

I haven’t seen anyone ever recover before the 5-6 month timeline with a pretty good lookin gait outside of movie. Lol.

Keep it up! you're already past the hardest part :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up