Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does athletic recovery get much worse if we lengthen 2 segments compared to 1?  (Read 1387 times)

I'm just thinking which one would be better in terms of athletic recovery and long-term safety. femur 7-8cm or femur 6cm + tibia 4cm. I want to be at least 175/5'9" but I need 8cm for that which is a lil too much for 1 segment. I imagine if my thigh is 8cm longer than I'd be quite disproportionated.

So I want to be taller but also maintain my athleticsm or at least not completely crippled. Want to be as safe as possible but I also want the maximum increase in height to make it worth all the trouble. I've read that 6cm is the magic number for femur. If I have to settle for 173cm in order to be safe, then it'd also be great. But it'd be perfect if I can be officially 5'9".

Somehow I'm so tempted to do LL and prove to everyone that I'm an even better martial artist post-LL.

Anyone?

ZUCC420

It obviously would since instead of a single segment of one pair of your legs being stretched beyond the normal elasticity limit of soft tissues it's two.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Body Builder

If you dont reach the limits of each segment, then no.

Lengthening 5cm the tivias and 6.5 the femurs wont be worst than lengthening 8cm the tibias.
So if you stay in the safe zone the risk is not big.

It obviously would since instead of a single segment of one pair of your legs being stretched beyond the normal elasticity limit of soft tissues it's two.

Maybe if one segment is stretched whereas the other not, then it'd ruin the biomechanics more than if both segments are stretched?

If you dont reach the limits of each segment, then no.

Lengthening 5cm the tivias and 6.5 the femurs wont be worst than lengthening 8cm the tibias.
So if you stay in the safe zone the risk is not big.

What about lengthening 5cm tibias only vs tibia 5cm + femur 6cm? Do you think both cases give equally predictable athletic recovery?

ZUCC420

Maybe if one segment is stretched whereas the other not, then it'd ruin the biomechanics more than if both segments are stretched?

What about lengthening 5cm tibias only vs tibia 5cm + femur 6cm? Do you think both cases give equally predictable athletic recovery?

If you increase even a mm your soft tissues will also increase beyond its intended natural limit, as you can imagine it will restrict your movements as you keep lengthening your legs. If you want to be an athlete or play sports decently then you should only do a single segment instead.

And I suggest doing femur since its stronger/thicker than tibia hence will probably have better soft tissues.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

If you increase even a mm your soft tissues will also increase beyond its intended natural limit, as you can imagine it will restrict your movements as you keep lengthening your legs. If you want to be an athlete or play sports decently then you should only do a single segment instead.

And I suggest doing femur since its stronger/thicker than tibia hence will probably have better soft tissues.

That's what I thought originally. But femoral lengtening, besides being far more expensive with Paley, also has a higher mortality and serious complications rate. But external tibia is the safest and cheapest, eventhough I agree that it potentially will hurt my athleticsm more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up