Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How fast can soft tissue stretch?  (Read 775 times)

5foot2man

• Visitor
How fast can soft tissue stretch?
« on: March 03, 2018, 06:25:26 AM »

I am asking because I have permanently tight knees bent at 90 degree angles. Bevause of this I cannot walk.  I cannot straighten them out as the soft tissue has become shortened over time. Meaning the soft tissue adapted to this over time.

I want to know how fast soft tissue can be stretched and how much. If I can stretch it out I can finally walk again

Please tell me all you know on the matter. I really really appreciate it guys :)

Purushrottam

Re: How fast can soft tissue stretch?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 07:00:39 AM »

Sorry I don't have the answer. How did this happen? Did you do LL?
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

5foot2man

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 07:30:36 AM »

Due to inactivity I sat a lot and my legs became permenently bent at the knee. I have muscular dystrophy as I couldn't exercise much so I spent much time sitting. Sitting too much caused the soft tissue to adapt and now I can't stretch my legs out and walk.

So as you can see I really would like to know information about soft tissue stretching because theoretically I can walk again as I have muscle strength but I just can't stay in my legs

Android

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 07:52:03 AM »

I don't speak for everyone, but you might not find a definitive answer on this forum. It's a bit out of our realm of collective knowledge.

What have your doctors told you? Have you worked with a physiologist before? While your condition is uncommon to us, it shouldn't be for them.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

5foot2man

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 08:15:00 AM »

Well the reason why I ask is because I learn that you guys have to stretch the soft tissue also after all leg lengthening which is basically what I would have to do also. I just wanted to know how much soft tissue can stretch and how fast

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 01:32:29 PM »

There is no certain answer to that.
It is very weird that you had so tight soft tissues only from not walking much.
If you don't have health problem I believe that with 1-2 months of PT and with stretching exercises you'll do on your own you'll be ok.

Zeo

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 03:37:13 PM »

So from reading your post you have muscular dystrophy and did not do LL. I hope you can find a solution to the knee bending. You definitely want to talk to your doctor/physiologist/pt about it.

Sorry that we can't be more useful this is definitely above the scope of the forum
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.
Pages: [1]   Go Up