Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre LL diary and poll  (Read 1811 times)

Pre LL diary and poll
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:28:28 PM »

Hi all,

I intend to start my internal femur LL journey with either Guichet or Betz or Mahboubian In the first or 2nd week of April, target at least 8 CM, maximum 9 Cm. I have stopped smoking from last 1 month :) and started light exercise. Dr. Betz has confirmed that he has slots in first and 2nd week of April, Guichet is travelling, his assistant gave me all details except date/availability in April, guichet will provide the answer soon she said. I have 90K saved and set aside for the journey. Cost of both doctors come to around 86k all inclusive (Dr. M is yet to reply but I believe it will be similar). Due to guichet putting the condition of 1 month of physical session with his physical trainer in london/milan (and since I dont have time, I need to join masters program on 18th August) I am leaning towards Betz, but my biggest concern is if the betz nail breaks, I will not have any buffer money to pay for titanium nail (I will ask him this question in my next email) - so in a dilemma - I would have preferred guichet but only because of his demand of 1 month of therapy - I am thinking of discarding him. Anyway, just wanted you all to know. Diary and/or updates will be coming as situation unfolds itself. Feel free to provide your recommendations/input - but please do not suggest any other doctor - it has to be among these 3 (most probably Betz if he agrees to five me FOC nail if nal breaks, else it will be guichet, dr. M i third choice because I want full weight bearing, will attend class during consolidation) - I have made up my mind.

The Dreamer

Re: Pre LL diary and poll
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »

I really don't understand,those 3 are possibly the worst choices for internal femurs:
A doctor with an old outdated not reversible nail (G-nail)with questionable ethics (see what happened to Unicorn)
A lot of patients reported problems due to Betzbone nail's breakage(another outdated nail) and instability,see the multiple threads on forum
And a doctor doing an agressive campaign of advertising
There are a lot of better options around,think about it
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:02:27 PM »

I really don't understand,those 3 are possibly the worst choices for internal femurs:
A doctor with an old outdated not reversible nail (G-nail)with questionable ethics (see what happened to Unicorn)
A lot of patients reported problems due to Betzbone nail's breakage(another outdated nail) and instability,see the multiple threads on forum
And a doctor doing an agressive campaign of advertising
There are a lot of better options around,think about it

Guichet - given the Unicorn outcome - I kinda understand what you say and actually that is another reason that i would prefer betz. But there is no real bad outcome documented either here or in old forum for Betz or Dr. M. If I am mistaken plz educate me. The reason I am chosing them are - i) I really need to be able to attend classes within 4 months of surgery - with crutches- so need wight bearing nail. Also, these are the only doctors who are not going to put a limit of 6-6.5 CM, I want 8 CM or I am not doing LL - period. Thanks.

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 11:17:18 PM »

Guichet is for sure the worst case of doctor doing internal LL in the world. I wonder how still some people are willing to pay this moron a huge amount of money (about the same as Paley who is the most expensive in the world) for an obsolete nail, crazy things like 1 month training (that helps in nothing and maybe makes LL even harder) and for non unions and other problems that are caused from his poor technique.

Betz has an obsolete nail too, is way too old to still operate and generally speaking he is not a good option too. But he has better prices and a better character than the jerk above.

Mahboubian seems the only good choice from these 3 but for about the same money I'd have gone to Rozbruch who seems the best in the world in internal LL right now.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 11:27:31 PM »

Guichet is for sure the worst case of doctor doing internal LL in the world. I wonder how still some people are willing to pay this moron a huge amount of money (about the same as Paley who is the most expensive in the world) for an obsolete nail, crazy things like 1 month training (that helps in nothing and maybe makes LL even harder) and for non unions and other problems that are caused from his poor technique.

Betz has an obsolete nail too, is way too old to still operate and generally speaking he is not a good option too. But he has better prices and a better character than the jerk above.

Mahboubian seems the only good choice from these 3 but for about the same money I'd have gone to Rozbruch who seems the best in the world in internal LL right now.

LOL, yes the way Guichet treated Unicorn, I believe he can be called jerk.

I have sent another email to Betz's assistant to confirm - i) Betz himself will perform or not ii) If nail breaks whether I will be given free of cost titanium nail (or at least FOC non titanium nail) and iii) If complication happens then whether they will help me. I will keep you updated on their response.

Dr. M and Rozbruch same cost? I dont think so, but anyway I will shoot him an email to get his quote, I will let you know what he quotes, but I think it will be beyond my budget and more than dr. M.

The Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 03:34:32 PM »

But there is no real bad outcome documented either here or in old forum for Betz
Well,you are wrong.See the following threads:
www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=132.155
www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=24.0
www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=380.0
See the scary case of MasterHY which got, after several surgeries with Betz, serious deep bone infection and suddendly stopped posting(the guy that was in contact with him supposed that he is probably died)
And replacing the nail is not the solution since it requires more surgery and stress for the body
Choosing in 2018 irreversible nails like G-nail is a foolish decision while there is around Precice 2
And see the post of Stadiometer about Mahboubian
www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=562.0
So if you are not a troll or a promoter,if you are a serious aspirant LLer,I would suggest you to reconsider your list
This was really the worst list I have ever seen for a while here,put also Monegal and Sarin/Sringari and it would be really the "Nightmare List"
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »

See the scary case of MasterHY which got, after several surgeries with Betz, serious deep bone infection and suddendly stopped posting(the guy that was in contact with him supposed that he is probably died)
And replacing the nail is not the solution since it requires more surgery and stress for the body
Choosing in 2018 irreversible nails like G-nail is a foolish decision while there is around Precice 2
So if you are not a troll or a promoter,if you are a serious aspirant LLer,I would suggest you to reconsider your list
This was really the worst list I have ever seen for a while here,put also Monegal and Sarin/Sringari and it would be really the "Nightmare List"

Thanks a lot for the help. I agree with you 100%, I will prefer Precise anyway, but plz be informed that for some individuals it is an absolute must to have a weight bearing nail and be able to work/study else their life will be spoiled and it is either a 'weight bearing nail' or no-LL for them? Precise 2 does not allow weight bearing like betzbone or guichet nail does, does it? please educate me. Basically, I need to be able to attend graduate classes (with crutches) within 100 days of my surgery, do you see it becoming possible with any other way other than guichet nail or betzbone? If yes, I will take it, while I am yet to get response from Dr. M and Dr. ROzbruch, one question I have asked them is about precise being able to allow me to attend classes 3 months after surgery on crutches. I am 100% serious not a troll or promoter, if you want I can discuss over phone/skype with you.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 01:45:43 AM »

FYI for all - got quote from Dr. Rozbruch, it is $125K !!! So, out of my budget.

Zeo

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 11:56:18 AM »

FYI for all - got quote from Dr. Rozbruch, it is $125K !!! So, out of my budget.

it can be 50k-60k if you have/get insurance. if your from the US you should have no problem getting insurance
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Zeo

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 12:51:00 PM »

Also no offense you really could have planned better. It's less then 2 months away and you still don't have your basic questions answered. You haven't even picked a doctor. You are also going to be starting a masters program 4 months postop after doing 8cm (minimum)-9cm. You'll probably still be in a wheelchair which I'm you are aware of and ok with.

Not saying you won't get it done. You have the money and that tends to be the largest obstacle. I'm sure you've done your research and things will work out. You're just objectively in a rush at this point because you really don't have time to spare. I am just afraid you're going to pick your doctor based on who is available at that time rather then who you think is the best choice out of all of them.

For what it's worth I would go with Dr. M. You really want a precice nail in you rather then an albizzia based nail for lengthening since there is no way to know how they will consolidate. Dr. M has tons of experience with precice.

Either way I'll be rooting for ya and wishing you the best outcome you could get. Let us know what you decide. Are you writing a diary? Edit:just read the title of the thread lol

Zeo

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 03:56:08 PM »

One more thing I want to say, regarding you goal of getting 8-9 cm and be attending class in crutches within 100 days of lengthening. It may or may not happen with the Gnail/Bnail (100% won't happen with precice) also you would probably risk fracturing the nail if you NEED to be on crutches. The more I think about it the more I'm thinking you should change your goal/need to be on crutches.

Dr. Betz has a long history of the nail breaking and Dr. Guichet isnt exactly a saint and I think both will have you pay for broken nails/certain complications. Dr. Guichet looks to have the fastest results as far as weight bearing goes and would actually be the person "most suited" for your specific needs. But are really making a deal with the devil here.

You also don't even know if your body can handle 8cm. If you NEED to get 8cm plus be on crutches after 100 days for LL to be worth it to you, then you probably should just forget about limb lengthening. Your better off not doing it.

You could try with Dr. Guichet and maybe things will work like you want but then again maybe they wont. Like is said it's a deal with the devil. One of the worst things that can happen with this surgery is you wasting all of your money and being disappointed when you don't get the result you want. If its either 8cm and crutches or no LL, then use that money for something else and don't get LL.

I know it's not what you want to hear but it's the reality

Whimsical

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 04:04:04 PM »

I think Guichet Betz or Mahboubian are not THAT bad if you don't have the money for Paley or can't get insurance cover for Rozbruch.

Whimsical

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 04:57:19 PM »

Monegal and Sarin and Sringari are worse than Betz or Guichet of course. What do you think about Jamal?

myloginacct

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 07:32:32 PM »

Why do you think Rozbruch is the best in the world for internals right now?

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 12:33:45 AM »

it can be 50k-60k if you have/get insurance. if your from the US you should have no problem getting insurance

I have US insurance, I live in work in US. I will ask Rozbruch about it, but in his email he quoted $125k.

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 12:39:16 AM »

I have US insurance, I live in work in US. I will ask Rozbruch about it, but in his email he quoted $125k.

Sent him a follow on email asking him if it can e brought down to around $80k with my US insurance. 

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 12:41:40 AM »

Also no offense you really could have planned better. It's less then 2 months away and you still don't have your basic questions answered. You haven't even picked a doctor. You are also going to be starting a masters program 4 months postop after doing 8cm (minimum)-9cm. You'll probably still be in a wheelchair which I'm you are aware of and ok with.

Not saying you won't get it done. You have the money and that tends to be the largest obstacle. I'm sure you've done your research and things will work out. You're just objectively in a rush at this point because you really don't have time to spare. I am just afraid you're going to pick your doctor based on who is available at that time rather then who you think is the best choice out of all of them.

For what it's worth I would go with Dr. M. You really want a precice nail in you rather then an albizzia based nail for lengthening since there is no way to know how they will consolidate. Dr. M has tons of experience with precice.

Either way I'll be rooting for ya and wishing you the best outcome you could get. Let us know what you decide. Are you writing a diary? Edit:just read the title of the thread lol

Thanks man, yes I will get it done for sure, yes could have planned better but lets say my job keeps me busy 16 hours a day :(, leaving no time for anything other than eating and sleeping so.... but I will resign get it done and join masters and then find a different job (current one sucks anyway with 16 hours of work), thanks for the encouragement

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 12:44:11 AM »

and FYI for all - Betz's wife (?) cum secretary Yvonne replied to my email confirming that in case of nail breakage I will gt replacement nail free of cost and doctor wont charge for replacing but hospital stay and ancillary charges I will have to pay.

Surprisingly I did not get any response till now from Dr. Mahboubian. I sent email to the email ID I found in his website (http://heightlengthening.com/), does anybody else has his direct email id? I would like to get quote from him as well before making final decision. thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up