Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YOUR ADVICE: Cross Lateral LON or One Stage tibial. I'm in a difficult situation  (Read 1464 times)

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"

Hello veterans and experienced friends. I'm 24 yo. I live in Turkey. I'm going to have this operation this summer. My desicion is certain. I talk about LL  a few Turkish doctors via mail. My family support me.  My English isnt good. I have been following the forum for 1 year. I'm familiar with technical terms. Your ideas are very important to me. After this surgery, I will share all the text,pictures and videos. Bad sides and good sides. Whatever it is.

My personal informations:

Morning height: 170.5 cm
Night height: 169.4 cm
Weight: 79 kg, athletic and flexible above average people
Time: I have  time for this operation for 1 year
Companions: my family will be with me (this is the happiest thing for me.)
Location: Turkey, Istanbul city but I will rent a house near the hospital in istanbul. I dont want to see anyone other than my family

Current height average in Turkey:
Male 176cm
Female 163cm

Average man height was 173cm 6-7 years ago in Turkey. But it constantly increasing. The new generation is too long. The elderly are short.. I lost confidence. you already know. my goal is to reach average height of young men in my country
Target Height: 177-180cm.
( it's very important that I close to 1.80cm. I will give you 1 year, even more than 1 year. it must be worth but it's also important that I get to work in 1.5 years at the latest after first surgery.)

There are things I'm hesitating about. My budget is not much. But there are two options for me. I'm really undecided.

OPTION 1:

CROSS LATERAL LENGTHENING (EXTERNAL but LON) ( This option pushes my budget but health is more important to me)

At first, i asked a doctor for 7cm. He offered me 3.5 cm tibia and 3.5 femur cross lateral operation Second part will do after 6 months first surgery. He advice two stage for even 7cm. If I will be 2 stages,  i ask can we do 5cm tibia and 5cm femur lengthening totally. He said to me the uppermost safe limit of 5 cm both tibia and femur but he certainly didnt for 5cm. He said if you make it 7 cm one stage, you will have trouble in future. I dont speak doctor about details but tibia is LON, femur is monoray but i dont know LON or LATN
 My anxiety is not walking any more smoothly. I dont want to walk like a robot in future. Nobody who has two stages LON cross lateral operation in this forum has shared pictures and videos after surgery. It really worries me. in this case I will definitely not exceed 5 cm, maybe 5.5.

OPTİON 2 (Tibial LON)
7-7.5 cm LON tibia lengthening.

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VİEWS. I am at an important crossroads.
Weight:79kg Birth date:1993 English isnt good.

Edit: I just had this surgery on 9 october 2019. My doctor is Associate Professor Ozgur Karakoyun. LON Femur with Ortovia Fixators(%100 turkish made) 4 schanz screw. My lengthening goal is min 8cm

Knik

option 2 is clearly better
Looking for Pili

Tiger9898

I think second option is good,.  Certainly you will get better proportions in first option, but doing each segment 3,5 cm just for total 7 cm is craziness, it is not worth and waste of time. I would suggest to choose 6 cm tibia lengthening which is  safe. You can also lengthen more than 6 but passing 7 cm is riskier for tibia I think. By the way, who is your surgeon?  i am from Azerbaijan and thinking about 6,5 cm femur lengthening this summer with Dr Serkan Gurcan in Turkey (starting height 163 cm)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:36:48 PM by Tiger9898 »
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"

Hello again. i read your answers, thanks your replies. i am waiting other comment. Otherhand, If it is a two stage, will i live especially problem for the femur? I really wonder. I can carry device on one leg for 50+50days. but why is it more risky. I will not exceed 5cm. Why 5 + 5 is distressing?When do I get to work? what's not important to me like 1 year of  . I can return to work in 1.5 years. Would it be possible if I did 5 + 5cm?

Tiger, Greet brother Azerbaijan. i know Serkan Gürcan. if i change option 2, i will talk him. but firstly i have to make a decision and I'm going to spend this for a year to satisfy me. But 6cm is low for me.

I could do you say without thinking that I would make it for the femur in the future, but I want you to solve it all in 1 year. Because nobody except my family can care me.

Edit: I just had this surgery on 9 october 2019. My doctor is Associate Professor Ozgur Karakoyun. LON Femur with Ortovia Fixators(%100 turkish made) 4 schanz screw. My lengthening goal is min 8cm

myloginacct

I really doubt the average is 176cm anywhere outside of Istanbul/Western Turkey.

That'd put even rural Turkey at the same average height as France.

Knik

I really doubt the average is 176cm anywhere outside of Istanbul/Western Turkey.

That'd put even rural Turkey at the same average height as France.

according to the forum even chinese average is 175 cm
Looking for Pili

china 18-60   167cm
20-24           172cm
Official data

Knik

china 18-60   167cm
20-24           172cm
Official data

chinese people as tall as portuguese or romanian ... who would believe it seriously
Looking for Pili

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"

The statistic I give belongs to a doctor in state hospital. This statistics are from 2018 and I think it's more correct.I will give you a link below about 176cm average height.

Turkey state statistical agency(TUIK) says 173.3 cm for men but that was 3 years ago and TUIK also not go everywhere. I have studied 10 different classroom in the past. New schools, new classes. I was always close at the end with 170 cm height. For example, there are 80 people in university classroom and there are 65 men. I am the shortest 5th. Generally the net average height is between 1.76-1.83 cm. There are 5 men more than 1.90 cm. I hope you understand me.

The average height of Istanbul people is not tall because the air is dirty. There is a distorted urbanization in istanbul. Sports fields are not much for children. Nutrition based on fast food or malnutrution but especially in coastal cities and Anatolian people who well-fed is tall. Additionally smokers decreased in Turkey.

In the meantime, my height measurement is not exaggerated. it is net measurement. No rounding. I'm not surprised at that. I know the measurements are clear because my height obsession  Especially the new generation is really long but the girls generally are not tall. There is 1 girl more taller than me in this classroom.

I have guess is food industry affect the height increase too . Because they actually eat hormone food  and GMOs food. Cancer rates have excessively increased in Turkey.

The source of average heght i said is here. This is the doctor who gives the count. He check least 500 patients a day.

www.cumhuriyet.com.tr/amp/haber/saglik/864030/iste_Turkiye_deki_ortalama_erkek_ve_kadin_boyu.html

Body Builder

Your only option is the second one but try to get close to 6.5 cm, only if your body adapts well do 7-7.5.

External femurs are insane and doing both segments for getting only 3-4cm on each is a joke.
Imo turkish doctors are not very careful and don't care about even the minor details that could make an LL case completely successful.
Jexus and other people here from Turkey had discrepancies, at lengthenings etc which shows that turkish doctors don't care a lot about their patients.
But it is your choice. The only I can tell you is to avoid external femurs and atl at all costs. With about 6.5cm on tibias you'll be fine and have a very good height for your country.

myloginacct

Yeah, he can become above average in his country with 6cm on tibias, so there's no reason to go for external femurs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up