Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thinking of doing both internal and external  (Read 1377 times)

MirinHeight

thinking of doing both internal and external
« on: January 21, 2018, 12:54:48 AM »

3.5 cm internal femurs

and then a year later:
2 cm external tibias

total gain: 5.5 cm

179 cm --> 184.5 cm with near perfect proportions

right now i am 179 cm and have only a 30 inch inseam with a 6'1.5 wingspan. Short legs in perspective to my height.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Body Builder

Re: thinking of doing both internal and external
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 01:33:08 AM »

Better do 2.4 on femurs and 2.1 on tibias to be safer.
Or even less.
Its your money and your feet so do whatever you want even if it is plain stupid.

But why do you open a topic about it for no reason?

MirinHeight

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 01:37:15 AM »

Better do 2.4 on femurs and 2.1 on tibias to be safer.
Or even less.
Its your money and your feet so do whatever you want even if it is plain stupid.

But why do you open a topic about it for no reason?

its not plain stupid. many pts have problem returning to 95-100% quickly because the body can't handle that much lengthening and change of mechanical axis.

better to take your goal desired lengthening amount and do two surgeries; internal femurs and external tibias to reach your desired height.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 06:02:37 AM »

Do the muscles stretch as in adapt to the lengthening (get bigger)? And what about the blood vessels and the rest of our legs, does everything adapt to the lengthened amount?

Android

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 07:01:01 AM »

I'd just do 5.5 cm on either femurs or tibias and call it a day. Lengthening 2 cm on a segment would be a big waste of my money and time.

But that's me. If you're really unsure, just ask a doctor for their opinion.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 07:13:59 AM »

its not plain stupid. many pts have problem returning to 95-100% quickly because the body can't handle that much lengthening and change of mechanical axis.

better to take your goal desired lengthening amount and do two surgeries; internal femurs and external tibias to reach your desired height.
Wrong.

Doing 2 surgeries to gain such a small amount for even one segment isbanwaste of time, money and doubles the surgery risks (from anaesthesia, possible infection etc) for no reason.

Doing 4 cm in each segment is maybe better than 8cm in one segment but what you plan is stupid.

myloginacct

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 10:21:24 AM »

Are you being realistic about this?

I thought your goal was 3.5cm in a single segment.

MirinHeight

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 11:58:50 PM »

Are you being realistic about this?

I thought your goal was 3.5cm in a single segment.

i am probably going to do internal femurs first and wait a year. if i am satisfied, i might not do external tibias. if im not satisfied with height or proportions, I am going to go for external tibias. 

i might do external tibias first though. do not know yet. i am going to get an x ray done and see my current femur to tibia proportions to see which segment i should lengthen

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 09:38:02 AM »

I think you're obsessed at the moment (who'd guess in a CLL forum?) and may need to take a step back to think.

I'm thinking this mainly for two reasons:

1. You're obsessed with proportions when at such small lengthening amounts, no one will notice a thing. Some people have naturally longer tibias and shorter femurs than usual, and vice-versa.

2. I think you fell prey to the "6 feet mentality" in the US. Your aim with CLL is basically just to reach 6 feet while maintaining "natural" proportions. What worries me, though, is that let's say you had already gotten the two LLs and are now 184.5cm. Was 179cm your night height with bad posture? If it was your morning height with good posture, maybe you'd lose height over the day and get to 182.7cm at night. That's not 6 feet anymore. Maybe, then, you'd start worrying again and want a third CLL.

If you're really in a rush for CLL, external tibias seem the only option, but it takes very long (I remembered it takes a month to heal for each centimeter gained after your last thread). Otherwise, it'd be best to live at your current height and just save for more comfortable, hopefully full weight-bearing, internal femurs when you're older and with a high-paying career in medicine.

MirinHeight

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 11:03:45 AM »

I think you're obsessed at the moment (who'd guess in a CLL forum?) and may need to take a step back to think.

1. You're obsessed with proportions when at such small lengthening amounts, no one will notice a thing. Some people have naturally longer tibias and shorter femurs than usual, and vice-versa.

2. I think you fell prey to the "6 feet mentality" in the US. Your aim with CLL is basically just to reach 6 feet while maintaining "natural" proportions. What worries me, though, is that let's say you had already gotten the two LLs and are now 184.5cm. Was 179cm your night height with bad posture? If it was your morning height with good posture, maybe you'd lose height over the day and get to 182.7cm at night. That's not 6 feet anymore. Maybe, then, you'd start worrying again and want a third CLL.

If you're really in a rush for CLL, external tibias seem the only option, but it takes very long (I remembered it takes a month to heal for each centimeter gained after your last thread). Otherwise, it'd be best to live at your current height and just save for more comfortable, hopefully full weight-bearing, internal femurs when you're older and with a high-paying career in medicine.

I'm ~5'11 in morning
~5'10.5 (179.07 cm) mid-day
5'10.1-5'10.25 late night + tired

i recently measured my wingspan and it came out to 6'2.2

i am thinking of saving money and do internal femurs 3.5-4 cm with dr. M or dr. paley in the future depending on my financial status

i have ~10k saved
have 5k invested in cryptocurrency
and i am working

really hope my investments pay off this year :D

MirinHeight

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 11:18:31 AM »

thanks man, i appreciate your concerns.

i have actually two reasons of doing leg lengthening.
one is height and i want to be a taller height than i currently am.

but another reason is that i have short stubby legs. my legs are very stubby when i take off my shorts.
i feel like lengthening my legs will actually make me more proportionate in addition to adding to my height. i am aiming at such a low amount, because i am 24 years old and i do not want anyone to think i had something done. i can say i gained a little in height due to better posture and weight loss for example. i can also pull off the late growth spurt

if i lengthen too much, my family and close friends would know i had something done by looking at my legs which are normally stubby and short like i said before. the max i think i can lengthen with both segments is 5.5 without raising much concern from people. i can make them adapt prior to surgery by wearing nike shox and then wearing flat shoes like vans post surgery.

but i plan on lengthening 3.5 cm femurs first most likely. if i am satisfied, i most likely will not lengthen my tibias. it will all depend on my proportions and satisfaction with my height

Pages: [1]   Go Up