Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Precice vs Guichet nail  (Read 2158 times)

blacksheepwall

• Visitor
Precice vs Guichet nail
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:47:00 PM »

I was thinking of doing Tibia. And I was wondering which nail is the better option. I could not find any information or discussion on comparing the two nails for Tibia.

Thanks

myloginacct

Re: Precice vs Guichet nail
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 12:32:02 PM »

Precice is the better option. And external methods (as opposed to internals; i.e. precice/albizzia) are cheaper for tibias, just in case you don't know.

Precice allows for compression and uses magnetism for lengthening. Guichet's nail doesn't allow for compression and uses a clicking method for lengthening. AFAIK.

Android

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 06:06:03 PM »

PRECICE is also FDA approved. You can also reverse the direction of the nail in case of signs of non-union, not sure if the Guichet Nail can do that.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 06:09:52 PM »

PRECICE is also FDA approved. You can also reverse the direction of the nail in case of signs of non-union, not sure if the Guichet Nail can do that.
It can't.
Fitbone neither.

Only precise has reverse function.

Android

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 06:58:33 PM »

It can't.
Fitbone neither.

Only precise has reverse function.

That's what I thought, thanks Body Builder.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Bron

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 05:37:13 AM »

I’m also thinking of internal tibia, I wanted to do externals before because it’s safer and cheaper but I don’t want the scars that comes along with externals, Precise is the consensus best internal nail it’s just that it’s more expensive and it’s not weight bearing so the potential for ballerina is there with internal tibia, I’m in the same boat as you still deciding to which doctor and nail to go as there’s a lot of things to consider

myloginacct

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 05:52:17 AM »

I’m also thinking of internal tibia, I wanted to do externals before because it’s safer and cheaper but I don’t want the scars that comes along with externals, Precise is the consensus best internal nail it’s just that it’s more expensive and it’s not weight bearing so the potential for ballerina is there with internal tibia, I’m in the same boat as you still deciding to which doctor and nail to go as there’s a lot of things to consider

I have never looked into it, but I have seen many others here refer to having the scars removed/lessened in the years after external tibias.

Android

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 05:54:48 AM »

I don’t want the scars that comes along with externals

You'll get scars either way. Another consideration is externals and putting those savings toward scar revision. There are creams and gels that help as well.

Bron

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 07:03:51 AM »

how much scars will you get from internals? what I’m also considering is the time I’m going to save with Internals as most if not all doctors who’s doing internals are promising that you’ll be done lengthening in 2-3 months 🤔

Android

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 08:24:00 AM »

how much scars will you get from internals?

Don't forget your friend Google. Image search results for "Precice scars." Honestly, not that many examples for tibial lengthening with Precice. You can watch this video and imagine where your scars will be.

Distraction rate doesn't change much, fractions of a millimeter per day, either internal or external. You may lengthen and consolidate a little faster with internals. But we're talking in terms of weeks, not months.

Bron

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 08:32:29 PM »

thank you that’s been helpful, I didn’t know you’ll have scars with Internals too, I’m still torn between internals and externals for tibia, there’s not a lot of internal tibia diaries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up