Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If price isnt an issue  (Read 1169 times)

blacksheepwall

• Visitor
If price isnt an issue
« on: January 14, 2018, 06:43:55 PM »

What is the least invasive, fastest recovery, and highest gained methods for LL?

Knik

Re: If price isnt an issue
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 07:00:03 PM »

still
external tibia
internal femurs
just if you have money you can choose any doctors, in the USA or in Europe
Looking for Pili

blacksheepwall

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:26:45 PM »

External tibia is least invasive?? I thought external methods would be most invasive. I was thinking of doing internal tibia.

Knik

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 08:18:45 PM »

External tibia is least invasive?? I thought external methods would be most invasive. I was thinking of doing internal tibia.

external tibia is most invasive but more safe than internal tibia according to forum experience
Looking for Pili

Android

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »

Think about what defines a surgery method as "invasive." Internal methods literally drill a hole and insert a telescoping rod into your broken bones. External methods, especially if not LON/LATN, are much less invasive. It's just metal pins going through broken bones.

In terms of comfort, internals are the most tolerated. I wouldn't place as much importance on the invasiveness of the method.

To answer the original question, if money (and time) wasn't an issue, I'd probably do PRECICE for both sets of segments, separated a year apart. Alternatively, internals for femurs, external hexapod with LON for tibias.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

The Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 09:37:07 PM »

External tibias is still the safest method of LL(for tibias)
Everything that involves intramedullary nails is way more invasive involving more risks of developing permanent knee pain
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

blacksheepwall

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 10:06:37 PM »

ok. which method has the fastest recovery time. I only want internal methods because external would mean i need to lie in bed for a few month.

Android

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 10:29:16 PM »

ok. which method has the fastest recovery time. I only want internal methods because external would mean i need to lie in bed for a few month.

Why even ask which has the fastest recovery if you're decided on internals? Regardless, if you want speed, internals or externals with LON/LATN is the way to go.

In any case, not true about being bedridden on externals. In fact, you will be encouraged to walk with an assistive device (crutches or a walker) mere days after surgery. Current internal nails are not fully weight bearing either, so either way you'll be using assistive devices. An upcoming upgrade of the PRECICE nail will allow full weight bearing with crutches, but its release date is currently unknown.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Knik

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 10:38:58 PM »

the only hard thing with external is to support those things on your legs. I guess it's not easy, especially to sleep as I move a lot during the night
with internal it's easier to keep secret your operation
Looking for Pili
Pages: [1]   Go Up