Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any advice for a Newbie  (Read 3151 times)

Beastmode1234

Any advice for a Newbie
« on: December 24, 2017, 06:57:13 AM »

Hello everyone,
It will be probably be 5-10 years before I have the funds or time to undergo LL, and I am 21 y/o.

When the time comes to go on the journey I am considering doing 5cm on my femurs and possibly 5cm on my tibias.

That being said I am currently leaning towards Dr. Paley and doing both the surgeries around the same time. I want to do this as safely as possible regaurdless of cost.

Is this the right place for this thread? Does anyone have any suggestions on how they would go about getting LL done?

Thank you for any feedback, glad to be here.

Android

Re: Any advice for a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 07:42:32 AM »

Welcome to the board Beastmode. No worries, this an appropriate section for this thread.

You really can't do much better than Dr. Paley, you get what you pay for. Just be sure to stagger the two surgeries a few weeks apart as recommended by Dr. Paley, as doing all four segments at once introduces the possibility of fat embolism, which can lead to death. Very rare, but not a risk you want to take for cosmetic surgery.

Hopefully in five to 10 years we'll have some advancements in CLL as well. You'll likely end up paying less or at the very least the same amount for better technology.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Beastmode1234

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 07:49:23 AM »

Welcome to the board Beastmode. No worries, this an appropriate section for this thread.

You really can't do much better than Dr. Paley, you get what you pay for. Just be sure to stagger the two surgeries a few weeks apart as recommended by Dr. Paley, as doing all four segments at once introduces the possibility of fat embolism, which can lead to death. Very rare, but not a risk you want to take for cosmetic surgery.

Hopefully in five to 10 years we'll have some advancements in CLL as well. You'll likely end up paying less or at the very least the same amount for better technology.

Thanks for the feedback man, so you don’t think Paley is retiring anytime soon then? Haha. From what I understand doing the surgeries a few weeks apart increases risks of complications, right? 5cm seems to be a safe length from what I’ve read just wondering if it would be better to space the surgeries out over a couple years. Do you know of any diaries of someone who specifically did both surgeries with Paley a few weeks apart?

Android

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 08:17:26 AM »

Thanks for the feedback man, so you don’t think Paley is retiring anytime soon then? Haha. From what I understand doing the surgeries a few weeks apart increases risks of complications, right? 5cm seems to be a safe length from what I’ve read just wondering if it would be better to space the surgeries out over a couple years. Do you know of any diaries of someone who specifically did both surgeries with Paley a few weeks apart?

When he retires, I have a feeling that he'll leave very capable doctors behind him. I wouldn't worry too much about that for now since it's still far ahead.

Correct, spacing out the two surgeries is highly recommended. Waiting a couple years is not necessary, but if you do decide to space it apart a year or more, you could possibly lengthen more per segment, though you'd need to discuss this with your doctor. It depends on your starting height, pain tolerance, soft tissue, bone regeneration, and more -- quite personal.

Iamready is a veteran Dr. Paley patient that had all four segments plus humerus lengthened. Here's his diary, lots of catching up for you to do!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Beastmode1234

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »

When he retires, I have a feeling that he'll leave very capable doctors behind him. I wouldn't worry too much about that for now since it's still far ahead.

Correct, spacing out the two surgeries is highly recommended. Waiting a couple years is not necessary, but if you do decide to space it apart a year or more, you could possibly lengthen more per segment, though you'd need to discuss this with your doctor. It depends on your starting height, pain tolerance, soft tissue, bone regeneration, and more -- quite personal.

Iamready is a veteran Dr. Paley patient that had all four segments plus humerus lengthened. Here's his diary, lots of catching up for you to do!

Thanks for the feedback Android. I am going to check out that diary now.

The Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 08:47:59 AM »

You really can't do much better than Dr. Paley, you get what you pay for.
I really don't understand the continous worship for Paley in this the forum.
Paley was fired from Baltimore for malpractice as it was well documented in an old thread
He now is in Florida which is the country that has the minor warranties in U.S.A, legally speaking.
And nobody wants to ask himself some questions
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Beastmode1234

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 09:14:36 AM »

Paley was fired from Baltimore for malpractice as it was well documented in an old thread
He now is in Florida which is the country that has the minor warranties in U.S.A, legally speaking.
And nobody wants to ask himself some questions

Is there a certain Doc you have in mind for your surgery?

Android

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 10:55:48 PM »

Probably because he's still one of the best doctors for CLL. Feel free to offer more suggestions instead of just being contrarian, let's get constructive. For instance, how about Dr. Rozbruch?

onemorefoot

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 02:18:46 AM »

Dont waste your money in that way, research about your insurance, maybe you could minimize a good amount of money, although, I dont know if Paley accepted that, Rozbruch yes.
Budget will determine my future.

Android

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 03:04:43 AM »

Dont waste your money in that way, research about your insurance, maybe you could minimize a good amount of money, although, I dont know if Paley accepted that, Rozbruch yes.

Funny you say that, I just mentioned that to him via PM, specifically this message.

onemorefoot

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2017, 04:09:57 AM »

Funny you say that, I just mentioned that to him via PM, specifically this message.
I am a hacker LOL
Budget will determine my future.

Beastmode1234

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »

Does anyone here’s know of any patients who were still not able to walk like 1.5-2years post op? And if there was anyone, has there ever been anyone who experienced this lengthening each segment 5cm or less?

jexus

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »

Does anyone here’s know of any patients who were still not able to walk like 1.5-2years post op? And if there was anyone, has there ever been anyone who experienced this lengthening each segment 5cm or less?

Only do tibias if you want that much. +5-6 on tibias doesn't make you disproportionate also 1.81 is a perfect height.

And femurs are so expensive and usually look bad imo.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

Beastmode1234

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 04:56:58 PM »

Only do tibias if you want that much. +5-6 on tibias doesn't make you disproportionate also 1.81 is a perfect height.

And femurs are so expensive and usually look bad imo.

Thx for the feedback, I agree 181 is a great height. My plans are very far from set and stone.. Femurs is all and all an easier recovery though correct?

The Dreamer

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »

Probably because he's still one of the best doctors for CLL.
This statement is an your mere opinion.Also Guichet was "one of the best" and it ended up like how we know.
I don't possess enough infos to judge Rozbruch,excluding what is written in forum and what I have read on his site/youtube channel.At first sight he seems a nice person
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Android

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »

Thx for the feedback, I agree 181 is a great height. My plans are very far from set and stone.. Femurs is all and all an easier recovery though correct?

Yeah, at your starting height, one procedure is enough to make a huge difference. If you're going to do one pair of segments and if cost is not an issue, I'd go for internal femurs. You can lengthen a little more than tibia and generally easier to deal with.

Beastmode1234

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2017, 11:13:18 PM »

Yeah, at your starting height, one procedure is enough to make a huge difference. If you're going to do one pair of segments and if cost is not an issue, I'd go for internal femurs. You can lengthen a little more than tibia and generally easier to deal with.

If when the time comes I decide on one segment, femurs will likely be my choice. But If I did one operation instead of both I would also likely lengthen a bit more than 5cm, if the doctor thought I could do it “safely” haha.

Beastmode1234

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2017, 11:14:38 PM »

Merry Christmas everyone!

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 07:52:21 AM »

Android, Can you plz help me man, I am kinda confused because I am unable to find latest cost data for doctors. My question is (for internal tibia, I will do at least 7 inch, if possible 7.5 inch. no lesser than 7 at any cost no more than 7.5) - is there a doctorr other than Birkholtz and Parihar (I know they are good, but want to know other options) that can do this within $70-80k with all costs included (suregry, medicines, hospital stay during lengthening, physio)? as I understand - donghoon, mahboubian, betz, rozbruch all are above this? btw I have US medical insurance. Plz advise, thanks. 

dean9191

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 08:07:28 AM »

Im from asia and 5'4", if i go for 6cm i wud be done with my height neurosis for good. At that height i wud be considered as tall in here
Pages: [1]   Go Up