Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Safest lengthening amount for full recovery?  (Read 2894 times)

MrHandsome

Safest lengthening amount for full recovery?
« on: December 21, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »

I am thinking of doing 4-5cm. One of Dr. Mahboubian's patients apparently returned to kickboxing and mma. That's my plan right now also.

Is 175cm a satisfactory height? What do you all think?

myloginacct

Re: Safest lengthening amount for full recovery?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 06:36:53 PM »

175cm is a great height. That's when most heightism stops even in heightist USA.

But you should also give up on LL if you plan on doing kickboxing or mma as anything more than a casual hobby. Most people who went through LL here seem to have problems to even run properly.

ramaka

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 09:57:25 PM »

I am thinking of doing 4-5cm. One of Dr. Mahboubian's patients apparently returned to kickboxing and mma. That's my plan right now also.

Is 175cm a satisfactory height? What do you all think?

Generally the safe limit is like 6 cm femurs and 8 cm tibula or the other way round not sure which is which but if you plan on doing sports perfessionally you won’t be at the level required after LL but casual sports that your doing with friends are going to be sweet.

For me personally I feel the same I want to get taller and stay in the safe limit of LL to be able to play sports again like soccer and basketball etc obviously non perfessional that’s why I’d be doing 5 cm on each segment that way I can get 10 cm taller.

Android

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 10:23:50 PM »

Generally the safe limit is like 6 cm femurs and 8 cm tibula or the other way round

Other way around, femurs can go a bit longer. Safe limits are closer to 5-6 cm tibias and 6-7 cm femurs.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

backrandom

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 10:34:39 PM »

I agree with Android

ramaka

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 10:42:11 PM »

Other way around, femurs can go a bit longer. Safe limits are closer to 5-6 cm tibias and 6-7 cm femurs.

No problem knew it was something like that lol

Zeo

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 01:51:39 AM »

Hey Android we have pretty much the same starting height, What is the maximum you would lengthen? 7cm for femurs 6cm for tibias?
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

MrHandsome

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 03:19:10 AM »

175cm is a great height. That's when most heightism stops even in heightist USA.

But you should also give up on LL if you plan on doing kickboxing or mma as anything more than a casual hobby. Most people who went through LL here seem to have problems to even run properly.

Yeah USA is extremely heightist. Anyway I've been speaking to a pro bodybuilder who went to Dr. M and he did 4.5 cm on one leg for a deformity. His legs are still big, but I'm not sure how well he plays sports. According to him he made a full recovery.

A good outcome for me would consist of me being able to do sports at an acceptable level and bodybuilding professionally.

Android

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 06:09:40 AM »

Hey Android we have pretty much the same starting height, What is the maximum you would lengthen? 7cm for femurs 6cm for tibias?

Yup, that's my goal.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Knik

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »

Yes, 175 is good.
The safest is to avoid the operation. However talk about it with your surgeon, I will have better advice than us. But I think you should go to 8cm at best, nothing more.
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 03:20:41 PM »

Generally the safe limit is like 6 cm femurs and 8 cm tibula or the other way round not sure which is which but if you plan on doing sports perfessionally you won’t be at the level required after LL but casual sports that your doing with friends are going to be sweet.

For me personally I feel the same I want to get taller and stay in the safe limit of LL to be able to play sports again like soccer and basketball etc obviously non perfessional that’s why I’d be doing 5 cm on each segment that way I can get 10 cm taller.

Talk about it with doctors but I'm not sure you will still be able to dunk with 10 cm, really. Doesn't mind, basketball is absolute  . But I'm not sure, talk about it with doctor. Maybe after some years you will be able.
Looking for Pili

ramaka

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 06:02:50 PM »

Talk about it with doctors but I'm not sure you will still be able to dunk with 10 cm, really. Doesn't mind, basketball is absolute  . But I'm not sure, talk about it with doctor. Maybe after some years you will be able.

I only do basketball every once in awhile I was only really using it as an example my main sport is soccer being a goalie so I need height for that as on average most gk’s are 6ft+

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 08:08:21 PM »

I only do basketball every once in awhile I was only really using it as an example my main sport is soccer being a goalie so I need height for that as on average most gk’s are 6ft+

You'll be a worse goalie at 6 ft after CLL than as your current height without lengthening at all. You won't have necessary stamina or explosiveness post-op.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ramaka

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 09:32:34 PM »

You'll be a worse goalie at 6 ft after CLL than as your current height without lengthening at all. You won't have necessary stamina or explosiveness post-op.

I forgot to mention that I’m not playing perfessionally I’m doing it because I feel I need it like many I just wanna be taller but I’m sure if you worked hard and almost everyday you could recover pretty well if you stayed within the safe limits
Pages: [1]   Go Up