Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: easiest way (and cheapest) to get 3-4 cm  (Read 5907 times)

drtruman

easiest way (and cheapest) to get 3-4 cm
« on: November 23, 2017, 07:06:43 PM »

I am italian, I am a little bit obsessed with my height. I find myself good looking, i go to the gym almost any day and i have a very good body, my only problem is that i am not as tall as i would like to be, thus I feel small and less attractive for that. I know it is stupid but... i feel that. Either I accept this limitation or I try to get rid of it, I have no other choice. I am not crazy, i am 177.5 cm (178 cm in the morning, 177 in the evening), i have a long, well made upper body but rather short (and muscolar, so they look shorter) legs, at least on my opinion, so I think i am the ideal candidate. I have tried to read many threads but i must spend a lot of time only to find pieces of informations so I ask you, here, where you would go if you had less than 10k euro (well actually i have about 5k but i can borrow some from my parents with some excuse I hope)... I see so many names, everyone suggests his own, so I really do not know where to go. I want all the thing to be safe from risks and this is why i asked only 3 or 4 cm, cause i know it is safer. Also I would like it to be as quick as possible. Ideally I would do it in the first part of summer, after the end of my training as lawyer which will be in about 18 months, I will be in wheel chair for the rest of the summer and I would like to go back to usual activity in autumn or winter in worst case (not sport, I only need to walk, maybe i could bring crutches telling i broke a bone, for some months)...is this possible? tell me anything you would suggest other than not doing it, cause I am determined to do it.

PS You have no idea how girls are obsessed with height, more than you imagine, i am finding out this the more i deal with them, the more i hear them commenting about height of guys.  Many do not even care about the face or body, or personality, they simply want a tall guy...because, i suppose, a tall guy looks massive, impressive, manly and powerful (even if he is not)...and with girls, its all a matter of "impressions" (not reality).

Android

Re: easiest way (and cheapest) to get 3-4 cm
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 07:20:30 PM »

Easiest and cheapest for 3 to 4 cm? Height increasing shoes or insoles, I currently do the latter with ankle-high business shoes.

For 10k euro (or more accurately 5k), you'll be considering external tibias with LON in countries like Russia.

And no kidding about the girls, I'm 165 cm and it's rough. To be fair, guys place a lot of value on the face, weight, and breast size as well. However society has accepted makeup, diets, high heels, and push-up bras, so men have a hard time keeping up!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »

Go see a psychologist before you do something irreversible to your legs because of a few superficial women. That's what I think. But you also said this:

tell me anything you would suggest other than not doing it, cause I am determined to do it.

Then wear 3-4cm lifts/insoles. That's the easiest, and cheapest, way to get 3-4cm.

If you meant LL, then look into doing external tibias. Just do your research right so you don't get into something to which there is no turning back afterwards.

Ozymandias

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:58:08 PM »

Go see a shrink to treat that inferiority complex of yours, my friend

Body Builder

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 10:52:47 PM »

It is stupid that some peopl think that breaking their bones and have fixators (internals or externals) won't cause them problems if they lengthen 3-4 cm but will ruin them if they do lets say 6 cm (which is a respectable gain).

If someone does not want to reduce his athletic abilities they should forget about LL.
If someone is willing to have a sensible reduction in sport capabilities then 5-6 cm in tibias and about 1 cm more on femurs won't cause any major problem compared to 3-4 cm.

So in a few words, if you want excellence forget about LL, especially when you have a respectable height like 1.78.
If you are willing to take the risks then do 5-6 cm.
3-4 cm will cause more than 90% the same "disabilities" as 6cm and will be so few that noone will see you as taller.
Except you want to decrease your abilities, lose 6+ months of your life and a big amount of money for nothing. Then 3-4 cm lengthening is the best.

google42

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 12:15:46 AM »

For 3-4cm doing surgery is definitely not worth it, especially at your height. Just wear some shoes that give you 3-4cm, or even better just be comfortable with your height. 3-4cm is not even a big difference, wear lifts and you'll see for yourself. If you really want to do it then go to Russia and do externals.

If you get leg lengthening there are still going to be girls that won't like you for some reason, even some who might say they want someone taller ( wether they mean it or they're just saying it to give you a reason to leave them alone). Doing it just because of girls is a dumb idea, it may be one of the reasons but should not be the only reason. you should do it mostly for yourself and only do it if you are really uncomfortable with your height.

Thatdude950

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 05:35:00 AM »

Nothing wrong with 1.78. Spend your time and money on something else rather than risk crippling yourself

drtruman

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 11:53:09 PM »

For 3-4cm doing surgery is definitely not worth it, especially at your height. Just wear some shoes that give you 3-4cm, or even better just be comfortable with your height. 3-4cm is not even a big difference, wear lifts and you'll see for yourself. If you really want to do it then go to Russia and do externals.

If you get leg lengthening there are still going to be girls that won't like you for some reason, even some who might say they want someone taller ( wether they mean it or they're just saying it to give you a reason to leave them alone). Doing it just because of girls is a dumb idea, it may be one of the reasons but should not be the only reason. you should do it mostly for yourself and only do it if you are really uncomfortable with your height.

OK, I am not doing it only for girls, but EVEN for that reason. When i go out, I always think and dream to be taller. When i tried lifters, even only 2 cm more would make me feel better. But i cannot stand to use them all days for long time. I dont walk well and many people told me i walked strange.   Also I am not really 178 cm, I am 177 cm in the afternoon and evening, and that is I think my real height. My dream has always been being over 180 cm, because that's the gold standard nowadays (even if the ideal is 185cm around), no girl would say you are short if you are 180 cm REAL

drtruman

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »

Easiest and cheapest for 3 to 4 cm? Height increasing shoes or insoles, I currently do the latter with ankle-high business shoes.

For 10k euro (or more accurately 5k), you'll be considering external tibias with LON in countries like Russia.

And no kidding about the girls, I'm 165 cm and it's rough. To be fair, guys place a lot of value on the face, weight, and breast size as well. However society has accepted makeup, diets, high heels, and push-up bras, so men have a hard time keeping up!

can u tell me which kind of shows are really good for insoles? i have tried many normal/even business shoes and they are all terrible, I walk strange thus i try to avoid the insoles.

Android

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 12:41:28 AM »

can u tell me which kind of shows are really good for insoles? i have tried many normal/even business shoes and they are all terrible, I walk strange thus i try to avoid the insoles.

Boots work well, but basically anything that goes a little higher up the ankle. Works with sneakers too, but you'll want to be conservative with the insole since the back of your feet might have trouble staying in. Shoes like Converse High Tops works too.

Here are the boots I'm wearing right now. I work at an office so it works well for me. It'll be a tight fit at first, so I use a shoe stretcher spray to gradually make the shoe bigger to accommodate the insoles.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

drtruman

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 01:05:44 AM »

Ok, there are some things i want to add. Recently, I have had things happening in my life very negative and which made me reconsider all my life. Basically, some errors I did years ago which will have consequences on my career and so all my future life. In this situation, for what is LL related, I feel I have nothing more to lose, I am going back to zero in my life and I want to start again being taller, since that has always been one of my dreams. It is complicated to explain, anyway, now I really feel it is the right time to do it. I have more (forced) free time and i have earned a good amount of money with bitcoin investments last years, so i can pay around 10k usd, while before I could not.
Anyway, this is me, for who is interested... I was wondering if to increase tibias or femurs. http://i64.tinypic.com/2mcfs3q.jpg

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 04:58:49 AM »

It is still funny how people think insoles actually work.
1) They literally make your feet cry at the end of the day.
2) they do not make you that much taller because lets face it, when you are 165cm and you gain 2 cm extra with the insoles, it hardly makes a difference.
3) And finally, you will literally be "taller" but your legs will still look short, your tibia and femur will be the same as they were before you wore lifts so its just gonna look like your standing on a box.
And god , can someone ban the stupid idiots that are 178cm and over who are on these forums. For them, even if they magically become 6ft6 they will still have no game. If you are 178cm amd can't get girls or whatever, then its not your height thats the problem, its your game. You could just get plastic surgery too.

Tiger9898

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 06:45:23 AM »

2) they do not make you that much taller because lets face it, when you are 165cm and you gain 2 cm extra with the insoles, it hardly makes a difference.
3) And finally, you will literally be "taller" but your legs will still look short, your tibia and femur will be the same as they were before you wore lifts so its just gonna look like your standing on a box.
And god , can someone ban the stupid idiots that are 178cm and over who are on these forums. For them, even if they magically become 6ft6 they will still have no game. If you are 178cm amd can't get girls or whatever, then its not your height thats the problem, its your game. You could just get plastic surgery too.
Well -said, totally agree with you except third one. I have been wearing elevator shoes+ insole for 2 years. And when they increase by more than 5 cm, it really makes difference I mean when I wear them, my tibia looks really longer. But as you said, at the end of the day, they hurt your legs too much
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

MirinHeight

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 07:11:24 AM »

I'm not doing LL to get girls. I actually have a beautiful loving gf.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:02:02 AM by MirinHeight »
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 07:39:45 AM »

Lmao the last part!
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

myloginacct

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 12:55:11 PM »

Ok, there are some things i want to add. Recently, I have had things happening in my life very negative and which made me reconsider all my life. Basically, some errors I did years ago which will have consequences on my career and so all my future life. In this situation, for what is LL related, I feel I have nothing more to lose, I am going back to zero in my life and I want to start again being taller, since that has always been one of my dreams. It is complicated to explain, anyway, now I really feel it is the right time to do it. I have more (forced) free time and i have earned a good amount of money with bitcoin investments last years, so i can pay around 10k usd, while before I could not.
Anyway, this is me, for who is interested... I was wondering if to increase tibias or femurs. http://i64.tinypic.com/2mcfs3q.jpg

I'm sorry for whatever happened in your life. However, I'm still not convinced you did anywhere near enough research about this surgery to be considering it. 10k usd will only let you lengthen your tibias and in developing countries. You are also 177cm and in Italy, not Sweden, so I don't see the reason to rush it and risk getting butchered in another country. We all want to get taller, but doing it on the cheap like that and risking so much is for people who feel like they need it, and have no way of saving up more, more than it is a want for them.

Save about 20k Euros and do it with Dr. Pili or Catagni if you're serious about this.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 01:43:13 PM »

I never had any pain when wearing insoles, they can be a great way to a add a little height and ease your unhappiness with height on a day-to-day basis. It's true that they don't add much height, but it can be more of a psychological thing too (you will "feel" taller and thus better). They give the impression of longer shin bones.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Knik

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 02:10:13 PM »

It is stupid that some peopl think that breaking their bones and have fixators (internals or externals) won't cause them problems if they lengthen 3-4 cm but will ruin them if they do lets say 6 cm (which is a respectable gain).

If someone does not want to reduce his athletic abilities they should forget about LL.
If someone is willing to have a sensible reduction in sport capabilities then 5-6 cm in tibias and about 1 cm more on femurs won't cause any major problem compared to 3-4 cm.

So in a few words, if you want excellence forget about LL, especially when you have a respectable height like 1.78.
3-4 cm will cause more than 90% the same "disabilities" as 6cm and will be so few that noone will see you as taller.
Except you want to decrease your abilities, lose 6+ months of your life and a big amount of money for nothing. Then 3-4 cm lengthening is the best.

totally agree
Looking for Pili

MirinHeight

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 03:56:22 PM »

5-6 cm = longer recovery time = worse proportions if only lengthening one segment

3-4 cm = less chance of nonunion; fast recovery time = can't tell you got anything done

but ok

Purushrottam

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 04:56:20 PM »

5-6 cm = longer recovery time = worse proportions if only lengthening one segment

3-4 cm = less chance of nonunion; fast recovery time = can't tell you got anything done

but ok

I want to add, the recovery/consolidation time is almost exponential with regards to amount lengthened. For example, I lengthened 6.5 cm. I was consolidated enough to weight bear/walk in about 6 weeks (probably even 4 but I got my xray in 6 weeks). The other patients (from all age ranges.. younger and older than me) who lengthened 7-8 cm were still not consolidated enough to walk w.o crutches after 8 weeks.

If you lengthen 3-4 cm (honestly not worth the pain imo. at least do 5-6 but everyone is different), the recovery should be a couple of weeks (NOTE: I'm NOT a doctor, so you might want to get this verified by an LL doc).
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

drtruman

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2018, 08:18:07 PM »

but ok

after reading you, I came to the conclusion that 4.5 cm is the best for me. Most doctors advice do not go beyond 5 cm, and remember I have relatives and friends and I do not want to make things obvious. I mean at first I will mask my new height with very thin shoes, so the real increase will be around 3 cm, and that is less noticeable I guess. Anyway i will leave them with the idea, who cares. I have my life to lead.

drtruman

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 08:19:06 PM »

Go see a shrink to treat that inferiority complex of yours, my friend

done that for decades, does not help.

drtruman

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2018, 08:20:56 PM »

I'm sorry for whatever happened in your life. However, I'm still not convinced you did anywhere near enough research about this surgery to be considering it. 10k usd will only let you lengthen your tibias and in developing countries. You are also 177cm and in Italy, not Sweden, so I don't see the reason to rush it and risk getting butchered in another country. We all want to get taller, but doing it on the cheap like that and risking so much is for people who feel like they need it, and have no way of saving up more, more than it is a want for them.

Save about 20k Euros and do it with Dr. Pili or Catagni if you're serious about this.

I thought about going to Russia, with dr Kulesh, not some developing country. Russia is a good country for this type of operations, I do not get why paying at least double here because here everything costs at least double, not to talk about taxes.

drtruman

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2018, 08:25:13 PM »

I thought LON was internal... anyway I have read something and LATN (internal) in Russia of tibias seem the best.

Knik

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2018, 08:27:04 PM »

after reading you, I came to the conclusion that 4.5 cm is the best for me. Most doctors advice do not go beyond 5 cm, and remember I have relatives and friends and I do not want to make things obvious. I mean at first I will mask my new height with very thin shoes, so the real increase will be around 3 cm, and that is less noticeable I guess. Anyway i will leave them with the idea, who cares. I have my life to lead.

Honestly, you should tell to your family / friends about LL. As it will be pretty obvious, I will just tell it honestly to important personn around me doesn't matter if they support me or not.
Looking for Pili

drtruman

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2018, 10:58:34 PM »

Honestly, you should tell to your family / friends about LL. As it will be pretty obvious, I will just tell it honestly to important personn around me doesn't matter if they support me or not.

you dont know my parents. They are anxious and get mad easily. This would cause them so so much distress and troubles in the family. I have had other operations for aesthethic and every time there were troubles. This time i want to avoid that at all costs, since it is useless and negative. Since I am a decent height, i would considered a fool and crazy 2 times. Anyway being taller has always been my dream, we have just one life, I could be my height sure, but why not pursuing what I care?  I mean people spend a lot more for useless expensive cars, work years to buy useless big nice houses full of useless conforts, why should adding to your body some height considered less valuable than these desires?  They are all luxuries on the same level. All useless but for someone important enough to involve his money (and in this case even health, but it is still an investment). 
I know you shorter guys think that those beyond some certain average height should not think about it, but why? we have the same rights than you of dreaming to be taller. Exactely as the guy who is 170 dreams to be 177, the guy who is 177 dreams to be 183. There is no difference, it's all subjective. The only difference could be in the objective fact that he is average, but the dream is the same. 
I have been offended here many times but i would like to be on the same level of you short people (ok, this could sound like a bad joke...but it was not intentional).

For those who still think that being 177 cm is good to get pretty girls, look this

I think this video pretty much says what the average girls think of short guys...If you notice many say 5 10 and above, I am exactely 5 10 so i am basically in the lowest end of the range...Notice how many girls insist on ideal heights being 6 1 to 6 3 (someone says 6 5)

MirinHeight

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 12:25:11 AM »

won't be obvious if he lengthens around 3-3.5 cm assuming he's in early 20s-25

MirinHeight

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 12:38:26 AM »

I want to add, the recovery/consolidation time is almost exponential with regards to amount lengthened. For example, I lengthened 6.5 cm. I was consolidated enough to weight bear/walk in about 6 weeks (probably even 4 but I got my xray in 6 weeks). The other patients (from all age ranges.. younger and older than me) who lengthened 7-8 cm were still not consolidated enough to walk w.o crutches after 8 weeks.

If you lengthen 3-4 cm (honestly not worth the pain imo. at least do 5-6 but everyone is different), the recovery should be a couple of weeks (NOTE: I'm NOT a doctor, so you might want to get this verified by an LL doc).

thnx man. I appreciate your posts/comments. Unlike most on here, you know what you are talking about

myloginacct

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2018, 05:05:35 PM »

you dont know my parents. They are anxious and get mad easily. This would cause them so so much distress and troubles in the family. I have had other operations for aesthethic and every time there were troubles. This time i want to avoid that at all costs, since it is useless and negative. Since I am a decent height, i would considered a fool and crazy 2 times. Anyway being taller has always been my dream, we have just one life, I could be my height sure, but why not pursuing what I care?  I mean people spend a lot more for useless expensive cars, work years to buy useless big nice houses full of useless conforts, why should adding to your body some height considered less valuable than these desires?  They are all luxuries on the same level. All useless but for someone important enough to involve his money (and in this case even health, but it is still an investment). 
I know you shorter guys think that those beyond some certain average height should not think about it, but why? we have the same rights than you of dreaming to be taller. Exactely as the guy who is 170 dreams to be 177, the guy who is 177 dreams to be 183. There is no difference, it's all subjective. The only difference could be in the objective fact that he is average, but the dream is the same. 
I have been offended here many times but i would like to be on the same level of you short people (ok, this could sound like a bad joke...but it was not intentional).

For those who still think that being 177 cm is good to get pretty girls, look this

I think this video pretty much says what the average girls think of short guys...If you notice many say 5 10 and above, I am exactely 5 10 so i am basically in the lowest end of the range...Notice how many girls insist on ideal heights being 6 1 to 6 3 (someone says 6 5)

You really don't get it.

CLL is not a walk in the park. The life is yours and you can do whatever you want with it. However, doing CLL is not comparable to buying an expensive car. It doesn't look like you truly know what you're getting into.

If you looked like an informed person who thought this over well, people would be giving you much less trouble. Anyway, they're your legs.

drtruman

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 09:13:05 PM »

You really don't get it.

CLL is not a walk in the park. The life is yours and you can do whatever you want with it. However, doing CLL is not comparable to buying an expensive car. It doesn't look like you truly know what you're getting into.

If you looked like an informed person who thought this over well, people would be giving you much less trouble. Anyway, they're your legs.

Yes, I am aware of this. But i read much and I think if you do a small lenghtening and you follow strictly every rule doctor gives you, the risks become much much lower, even if still possible. Even taking the flight you accept a small risk of airplane having some problems and falling down.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up