Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How excited are you?  (Read 4426 times)

MirinHeight

How excited are you?
« on: October 28, 2017, 07:04:40 AM »

Once I figured out what surgeon I want to go to and when, I am really excited to get this done. I can't wait for the time to finally come. I have 8k saved up and need around 16k more to get this done in one year with Dr. Pilli.

I like coming on here and give advice to people who need it because it makes me realize how close I am to finally getting this done. I can't wait to make my own diary to tell you all about my experience in Italy.

Any of you feeling the same way and can't wait for the day when you finally go through with it?!
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

extremis

Re: How excited are you?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 07:24:01 AM »

Honestly? Not very. In fact, not at all.

It's actually pretty depressing to think that the only reliable and effective means of getting taller involves a surgery that permanently (and severely, if patient diaries and general consensus among the user base of LL forums are to be believed) hampers your athletic abilities and flexibility. I'm a very physically active sort, and one of "those guys" who had athletic aspirations that were basically dashed by their short stature.

It's incredibly demotivating to think I'll basically be handicapped for life after having the surgery done, and probably the only mental barrier I really have to getting it (the only other barrier is financial). I don't mind pain in the least. I'd be glad to bear as much of it as necessary, especially if I knew I'd be able to recover 100% of my physical abilities after the fact.

Such a damn shame this is all we have. The fact that no one seems to be doing any research or working on a better solution makes it even worse. Short stature is probably the worst "aesthetic" problem a man can have. Every other problem seems to get massive amounts of attention and have tons of solutions available. Take hair loss, for instance. There's literally dozens of sites focused on male pattern balding, researchers and scientists all over the world working around the clock to cure it, almost a dozen potential cures/treatments for it are on the horizon for the next few years.

Meanwhile, the only thing we get in the way of a "breakthrough" is the PRECICE 3 nail, which is "full weight bearing", but doesn't solve the problem of soft tissue damage/distension. So it's not really much of an "upgrade".

MirinHeight

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 07:58:45 AM »

It's actually pretty depressing to think that the only reliable and effective means of getting taller involves a surgery that permanently (and severely, if patient diaries and general consensus among the user base of LL forums are to be believed) hampers your athletic abilities and flexibility. I'm a very physically active sort, and one of "those guys" who had athletic aspirations that were basically dashed by their short stature.

It's incredibly demotivating to think I'll basically be handicapped for life after having the surgery done, and probably the only mental barrier I really have to getting it (the only other barrier is financial). I don't mind pain in the least. I'd be glad to bear as much of it as necessary, especially if I knew I'd be able to recover 100% of my physical abilities after the fact.

Such a damn shame this is all we have. The fact that no one seems to be doing any research or working on a better solution makes it even worse. Short stature is probably the worst "aesthetic" problem a man can have. Every other problem seems to get massive amounts of attention and have tons of solutions available. Take hair loss, for instance. There's literally dozens of sites focused on male pattern balding, researchers and scientists all over the world working around the clock to cure it, almost a dozen potential cures/treatments for it are on the horizon for the next few years.

Meanwhile, the only thing we get in the way of a "breakthrough" is the PRECICE 3 nail, which is "full weight bearing", but doesn't solve the problem of soft tissue damage/distension. So it's not really much of an "upgrade".

Yeah man. It sucks that one can lose a job, girl, respect over something that you have no control over.
But that is the society we live in. All we can do is try to change ourselves.

Everybody in my family is above 6'. My brother is 6'1, my dad is 6'2. All my cousins are 6' or above. Some even 6'5.
I have always been overlooked in my family even though I was the smartest, most well spoken, etc (Premed)
I lost a modeling job because I did not have the same stature as the new guy that applied. I used to work for Tesla as a salesman while going to college so I can pay my tuition. Even though I knew I was a better salesman than him, they put another guy in front because he was 6'2 with good stature.
I was in a relationship with an ex who cheated on me because she swooned over every guy 6' and above.

I am now in a relationship with a gf that loves me for who I am. But I want to get this lengthening done for myself so I won't be overlooked again in any field I would want to pursue and I am excited about that.

I am rooting for anyone here who want to this for themselves. Being judged for something like height sucks. Losing a job because of something like height sucks. Losing a girl because of your height sucks. Being respected less by your peers because they are taller sucks.

MirinHeight

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 08:05:12 AM »

If you are going to lengthen >6cm, I would suggest two ll surgeries in a time span of 4 years.

5-6 cm internal femurs with Dr. Paley, Rozbruch, Parihar

4-5 cm external tibias with Dr. Parihar or Pilli

for a total gain of 9-11 cm for those who want to lengthen a lot.
less risk of soft tissue damage if you lengthen <5 cm per segment.

You would need to save up ~75-135k for this depending on the surgeons you decide to go with.

Zeo

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 08:31:31 AM »

Now that I finally have a job that will allow me to afford LL, I'm excited for sure but as the date gets closer I'm defintely getting nervous. Now the surgery is not just an abstract idea but something that's actually going to happen. I'm not even nervous about the complications, it's just not knowing how things will work out. It's starting to hit me how crazy this surgery is. I mean we are all a bit desensitized because we spend so much time on this forum, but this is some crazy stuff, at the same time it's something I know have to do.

It really depends on how I feel too, if I'm feeling healthy/happy with life, I look forwards to the experience, but if I'm feeling sick or down, I get very nervous about getting LL. Like have you ever though about LL when you are sick with a fever? It doesn't feel good, and I know this is something I need to change bc I know I'm not going to feel very healthy when I have 2 broken legs.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Android

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 10:40:54 PM »

I've known about CLL for years and it's been in the back of my mind. Finally started participating in the forums, and like you, it makes me feel closer to getting it done.

It does excite me, because it's better to know that I have an option to improve my life instead of trying to get over something I can't change.

I'm an optimizer, I love looking for efficient solutions for everything. If money can solve it, I'll investigate that option. Taking the plunge to get a hair transplant in 2014 seemed like a crazy and vain idea, but it has improved my mood so much that I believe that CLL can do the same as well.

Of course, it's a much more intense procedure that takes a lot longer. A hair transplant I was able to hide pretty well with a few weeks of vacation, not so in our case.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

edwardv6

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 05:50:50 AM »

Yeah man. It sucks that one can lose a job, girl, respect over something that you have no control over.
But that is the society we live in. All we can do is try to change ourselves.

Everybody in my family is above 6'. My brother is 6'1, my dad is 6'2. All my cousins are 6' or above. Some even 6'5.
I have always been overlooked in my family even though I was the smartest, most well spoken, etc (Premed)
I lost a modeling job because I did not have the same stature as the new guy that applied. I used to work for Tesla as a salesman while going to college so I can pay my tuition. Even though I knew I was a better salesman than him, they put another guy in front because he was 6'2 with good stature.
I was in a relationship with an ex who cheated on me because she swooned over every guy 6' and above.

I am now in a relationship with a gf that loves me for who I am. But I want to get this lengthening done for myself so I won't be overlooked again in any field I would want to pursue and I am excited about that.

I am rooting for anyone here who want to this for themselves. Being judged for something like height sucks. Losing a job because of something like height sucks. Losing a girl because of your height sucks. Being respected less by your peers because they are taller sucks.
You claim 179cm, I'm sure a ton of people on here would kill to be have that height, and you're trying to make a point out of having an extra 3.5cm is the difference between your problems and having a perfect life. You sound like you blame everything on height.

One might say you get overlooked by your family, didn't get the position at the job, etc. because you lacked confidence, and it reflects based on how deeply you feel that 3.5cm is going to make you feel like you're a god on earth because your height starts with the number 6, but because that's not the case at the moment you feel like a sucker and everything bad that's happen to you is because of height. L O L
banned for flaming/hostility

MirinHeight

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 07:42:35 AM »

You claim 179cm, I'm sure a ton of people on here would kill to be have that height, and you're trying to make a point out of having an extra 3.5cm is the difference between your problems and having a perfect life. You sound like you blame everything on height.

One might say you get overlooked by your family, didn't get the position at the job, etc. because you lacked confidence, and it reflects based on how deeply you feel that 3.5cm is going to make you feel like you're a god on earth because your height starts with the number 6, but because that's not the case at the moment you feel like a sucker and everything bad that's happen to you is because of height. L O L

lol quit raging. You might wish to be 179 cm. I don't, so idc what you or anybody else says. Plenty of people on here doing this surgery to go to 6' or over 6'. I'm not doing this for you so quit crying lol

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 10:47:01 AM »

Breaking your bones for 3cms woohoo

MirinHeight

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »

Breaking your bones for 3cms woohoo

from top 40% to top 20% for male height in US

+ less risk and fast recovery

woohoo

jojo

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 11:09:23 AM »

guys stop this,

no need for this.

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »

3cm won't make any difference at any initial height.
Mirinheight, breaking your bones and giving 20k euros for nothing and feel excited about all these really questions your mental stability.
I am somehow excited too about my second LL but my gains from it will be really lifenchanging (1.74-5 to 1.81, not 1.79 to 1.82 which is a little above average to a little more above average) so I have real reasons to feel like that.
On the other hand, you don't.

Bander72

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 11:54:12 AM »

I just think that if you were very affected by being shorter than your family that you would go for 5 cm at least. It does seem silly to be going for exactly 6 feet.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Zeo

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »

guys stop this,

no need for this.

I'm used to it already, it's pretty much every thread made on this forum now
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Bander72

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 12:44:57 PM »

I'm used to it already, it's pretty much every thread made on this forum now

He's not a idiot like the Brazilian lunatic  It just seems that he is not thinking clearly how much he's gonna have to give and what he is gonna get in return.

MirinHeight

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 01:56:46 PM »

I am doing 3-3.5 cm because I really don't want anyone to find out I did this surgery.

I plan on switching to vans/converse shoes from Nike Roshes after surgery in front of my family too so I can disguise my lengthening as much as possible.

I might tell them I recently went for a doctors checkup and found out i grew an inch or something like that.

Thats more believable than saying you grew 2 inches at 24 lol

furthermore, 5 cm is a longer recovery time and I won't have that much free time.

going from 5'10.5 to 6' is huge. I dont think you guys understand that. Thats going from top 40% to top 20% in male height in the US...

I am perfectly comfortable and willing to give up 20k for the surgery. I am perfectly mentally stable and will be attending medical school in the US in 2 years. Currently working as an MA alongside physicians in a hospital to save up money for this surgery.

Body Builder

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 02:03:49 PM »

I am doing 3-3.5 cm because I really don't want anyone to find out I did this surgery.

I plan on switching to vans/converse shoes from Nike Roshes after surgery in front of my family too so I can disguise my lengthening as much as possible.

I might tell them I recently went for a doctors checkup and found out i grew an inch or something like that.

Thats more believable than saying you grew 2 inches at 24 lol

furthermore, 5 cm is a longer recovery time and I won't have that much free time.

going from 5'10.5 to 6' is huge. I dont think you guys understand that. Thats going from top 40% to top 20% in male height in the US...

I am perfectly comfortable and willing to give up 20k for the surgery. I am perfectly mentally stable and will be attending medical school in the US in 2 years. Currently working as an MA alongside physicians in a hospital to save up money for this surgery.
All these from 40% to 20% are crap and only on your mind.
The reality is that 3cm does not make any real difference and as you said noone is going to see the difference.
So if you want to break your legs and pay 20k for only a statistic change then do it but in reality you won't gain anything from LL and you'll face serious risks from the surgery and have scars on your legs for nothing.

MirinHeight

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 02:17:16 PM »

All these from 40% to 20% are crap and only on your mind.
The reality is that 3cm does not make any real difference and as you said noone is going to see the difference.
So if you want to break your legs and pay 20k for only a statistic change then do it but in reality you won't gain anything from LL and you'll face serious risks from the surgery and have scars on your legs for nothing.

I already have scars on my legs. And I am going to get scar revision after ll surgery.
I have researched all complications and am going to a very respected ll surgeon and only lengthening 3-3.5 cm using an external fixator.
millions of kids are undergoing the same procedure for leg length discrepancies using an external fixator lol.
I know how to avoid complications such as DVT and compartment syndrome.
I know my chances of getting fat embolism are nill since there is no intramedullary reaming.

I know misalignments will be taken care of since I am using an external fixator with Dr. Pilli. Misalignments honestly should not even happen with such little lengthening. ATL will not be needed either.

I am young and in good physical condition. 179 cm and 180 pounds with 13-14% body fat
I am doing this for myself and I know 3-3.5 cm will change my life for the better. I wear nike roshes/shox (give 3 cm) everyday and wish I was that tall with no shoes on. I will gain a lot from this surgery, I know it

Body Builder

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »

And I'll say for the last time as I am becoming boring, if you think that your life will change a lot with gaining 3cm then either you'll get disapponted when you see that noone will see any difference on your appearance or if you feel that it worth all the money and the pain then it was clearly on your mind.

So it is your choice, everything I write has to do with other future LL'ers who may think that these gains are worth it.
In reality nothing less than 2 inches worths it, anything less than that means that you don't really think that your height is a problem and you are going to break your bones and give a lit of money for something that you don't really believe you want.

Overdozer

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 05:12:44 PM »

I know 3-3.5 cm will change my life for the better
lol
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

jexus

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 09:39:02 PM »

If you do LL for 3,5 cms:
-You will lose a lot of muscles you have right now
-You will gain a lot of fat
-Your athletic ability will be fked up at least for a very long time probably you won't be %100 ever again.
-You'll have huge scars on legs and it won't be easy to wear shorts
-You will have fking pain
-You might have complications, maybe more surgeries more money.
-You will lose a lot of money
-You will be really depressed for a long time
-You won't be able to drink or smoke or a long time

What would I do if I were you with 179 cm height and 20K money:
-Go to the GYM
-Eat fking good + use supplements
-Get tattoed everywhere
-Buy chic clothes
-Buy a motorcycle

And fk all girls there.

Going from %40 to %20 means nothing. No one will call you short at 179. No girl will refuse you cause your height. You can say everyone that you're 1.80-1.82 and no one will question it. You don't think rational.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

Bander72

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 09:39:51 PM »

Mirin you don't want no one to find out but you are doing pure external which will be on you for some time even when doing 3.5 cm. Well its up to you but I would just go all in and fk what other people think.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »

Wear lifts or even normal tall shoes which can give you 1-2 cm. That would be close to your goal. I don't think 3.5 cm is worth the money, risk, etc.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

edwardv6

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 10:02:53 PM »

lol quit raging. You might wish to be 179 cm. I don't, so idc what you or anybody else says. Plenty of people on here doing this surgery to go to 6' or over 6'. I'm not doing this for you so quit crying lol
Raging? You're the one that's mad at the world for thinking height is the cause of all your problems lmfao

You don't know my height, and maybe you will be doing this surgery for me, because I might be that 6'3 guy at your next job that'll get the promotion over you, then you'd wish you got more than just 3.5cm eh?
banned for flaming/hostility

MirinHeight

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2017, 01:31:13 AM »

Raging? You're the one that's mad at the world for thinking height is the cause of all your problems lmfao

You don't know my height, and maybe you will be doing this surgery for me, because I might be that 6'3 guy at your next job that'll get the promotion over you, then you'd wish you got more than just 3.5cm eh?

not mad. I want to be taller, so I will do what I want to do. Have a nice day :)

westercoasten

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 05:40:51 PM »

If you really are 179 cm u must be taken for a 6 footer a lot. I know how everyone overestimates my height by 3-5 cm all the time.
People here saying 3 cm is not going to make difference, thats utter bullcrap, 3 cm makes HUGE difference. I know what a difference it was to go from sneakers 1 cm to boots 3,5 cm, u really feel the difference.

MirinHeight

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 04:30:11 AM »

If you really are 179 cm u must be taken for a 6 footer a lot. I know how everyone overestimates my height by 3-5 cm all the time.
People here saying 3 cm is not going to make difference, thats utter bullcrap, 3 cm makes HUGE difference. I know what a difference it was to go from sneakers 1 cm to boots 3,5 cm, u really feel the difference.

exactly

myloginacct

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 01:38:10 PM »

I think most people only really want you to assess the risks seriously before you put yourself through something like that. I don't think 3.5cm is insignificant, either. It becomes more significant the taller the average in your current country is. It just may not be worth it given the effects on your health and possible complications.

FDR101

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 02:00:40 PM »

Wear lifts or even normal tall shoes which can give you 1-2 cm.

If you read what he wrote the entire point would be to become free of tall shoes and be comfortable wearing low flats like Converse and Vans shoes.

There is nothing worse than wearing lifts or tall shoes. You become an absolute joke in social context.

Bander72

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 05:51:01 PM »

If you read what he wrote the entire point would be to become free of tall shoes and be comfortable wearing low flats like Converse and Vans shoes.

There is nothing worse than wearing lifts or tall shoes. You become an absolute joke in social context.

Lol you never wore 3 cm dress shoes or sneakers? Those are nothing and no one would notice anything. He does not even need lifts according to his goals.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 07:04:44 PM by Bander72 »

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 08:13:06 PM »

No one would notice you wearing "normal" tall shoes. For a tall 179 cm men, it would be even less evident. Nobody would suspect he had any reasons to wear lifts.

Doing LL is more of a "joke" in a social context.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up