Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have severe aviophobia  (Read 725 times)

MirinHeight

I have severe aviophobia
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:49:27 AM »

Thats why I was trying so hard to find a cheaper surgeon in the states

I'm more scared of traveling in a plane than the surgery itself. Anybody have any advice? lol
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

onemorefoot

Re: I have severe aviophobia
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 03:54:07 AM »

Dont be scared, there are always probabilitiesa of getting fuc!!, But there are more probabilities that you Will survive the airplane
Budget will determine my future.

Winterishere

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 03:55:44 AM »

Hi Mirinheight,
I'm sorry to hear that you suffer from aviophobia, which is actually more common than you might think.
Personally the way most people that i know have overcome their fears is by looking at them factually. The chance of being in a plane crash is said to be around 1 in 11 million. Thats just being in a crash, let alone having severe injuries or death. Most of the things you do everyday have more of a chance of killing you than getting into a plane. Check out this article and maybe it will settle you a little!

https://www.elitedaily.com/news/world/people-terrified-plane-crashes-even-though-rare/977885

If you are still struggling, take a pill with you onto the plane to relax :)  I hope you can conquer your fear!

MirinHeight

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 03:58:20 AM »

Thanks guys. I have traveled in a plane before and was never calm throughout the flight. But this will be the first time without support of my family (they dont know that I will be undergoing ll) , so that's probably why it's a lot more intimidating.

currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Android

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 06:36:02 AM »

Thanks guys. I have traveled in a plane before and was never calm throughout the flight. But this will be the first time without support of my family (they dont know that I will be undergoing ll) , so that's probably why it's a lot more intimidating.

Would be nice if someone knew, it's going to be a very lonely journey for you. As for the flight, take some over-the-counter sleep aids like ZzzQuil or melatonin.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh
Pages: [1]   Go Up