Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New user, consider 1-2 inch leg lengthening  (Read 7870 times)

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
Re: New user, consider 1-2 inch leg lengthening
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2017, 02:19:04 PM »

I think you should lengthen 1.2 cm your arms to look ok with the 3cm femur lengthening you want to do.

I sincerely doubt that breaking my humeri would be worth it for only 1.2 cm. Does anyone know the average arm length?

Bander72

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »

I sincerely doubt that breaking my humeri would be worth it for only 1.2 cm. Does anyone know the average arm length?

He's being sarcastic. Unless your gonna lengthen more than 10 cm dont.worry about arms.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Name

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 01:49:52 AM »

Thanks for the advice, Android and others! As for the person who thinks that he can so much as annoy me by attempting to demean my ethnic group, just lol. Time to grow up (no pun intended).

I bought a stadiometer to ensure proper height measurements. Yesterday, I woke up slightly north of 5'11 and held a comfortable 179-179.5 cm even in the late night (I didn't really exert myself heavily though, remained seated for most of the day). Recently fixed my anterior pelvic tilt, so perhaps I am able to retain more height now as my lumbar configuration has improved.

Think I will go for something like 4 cm on femurs, making me a minimum of 182 cm, which is an OK/good height in my situation. The smaller the increase, the smoother the recovery, I figure. If this proves insufficient in the long run, I would much rather opt for a second operation a couple of years down the line, adding 2-3 cm to my tibiae. I think that if I added 5+ cm to my femurs alone, things would start to look (and function) a bit sub-optimal.

As for my "bike inseam", I don't know how thick "a book" is supposed to be, but my testicles are presently 82 cm from the ground.

If you're 178 cm tall and have a bike inseam of 82 cm, you could lengthen your legs by 6,5 cm and still have a bike inseam/height ratio that is less than 0,48. Your legs would definitely look proportionally long if the ratio was above 0,48, but long legs can look good if you have wide enough shoulders, long enough arms etc.

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 09:56:06 AM »

Thank you, Name. I took some measurements with my stadiometer and found out that I go from 180,3 to 178,8 cm over the course of a normal day (these last few days, anyhow). It is possible that I may drop below 178,8 if I exert myself, but I don't think I would ever fall under 177,8 (plain 5'10).

My belly button is presently 108-109 cm above the ground. I plunged into the depths of proportion lore and learned that height:navel height should be equivalent to the golden ratio (~1.618:1), at least if the ancient Greek sculptors are to be trusted. 109*1.618 is 176,3 cm. If I were to lengthen my legs by 4 cm, I would become almost perfectly proportional (182-183:112-113).

Here's a picture of my body as it presently looks (the mirror/angle may distort things but I tried to minimize that). Yes, I know that I am skinny, I don't work out and don't eat enough food because I frequently have a bad stomach.

https://imgur.com/84vgQM8

Arm length: 82 cm (acromion to tip of middle finger, I think most of my arm length is in my humerus as my hands are only 19,5 cm)

Biacromial breadth: 43-44 cm (very hard to tell exactly, but between those marks)

Biiliac width: 31 cm (I think my hips look a little wide, but what to do)

Skull height: very nearly 23 cm, so pretty much 9 inches on the nose (would make me eight heads tall at 6')

Shoe size: 43 EU (would be slightly smaller than average at 6', but that's alright)

As you can probably tell, proportionality is a major concern for me. However, I'd still take being 6' even if it meant sacrificing some of that.

Do you agree that, based on the pic (which may or may not give a sufficient idea, the mirror is slightly upward-tilted), that femurs would be the most aesthetically viable option for me?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:27:10 PM by Enrisbusken »

myloginacct

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2017, 07:51:31 AM »

All surgeries involve real risks to your health/life, and you could easily achieve your desired height everyday with lifts/insoles, especially since you're not doing it for women/significant others (meaning you'll be out wearing your shoes most of the time you're caring about height).

Being a fair amount smaller than my father myself, I do understand where you are coming from, psychologically. However, LL is no walk in the park; in addition to the very high monetary costs. Keep that in mind.

And do try traveling outside of Sweden / Northern Europe just to realize how tall you really are compared to most of the world.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up