Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New user, consider 1-2 inch leg lengthening  (Read 7871 times)

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
New user, consider 1-2 inch leg lengthening
« on: October 19, 2017, 07:44:53 AM »

Hello guys. At 5'10, many of you might think that I am not legitimately short and should get on with my life. However, in my country and peer group, this would roughly correspond to an American 5'7 (3 inches below average), and at this point of deviation from the mean, you are essentially "shortish" and will be overshadowed by taller people on a very regular basis.

I'm not doing this to have a career (I'm not interested in worldly/economic achievement) or to get dates (I can get those already if I want to, and I'm not very interested in sex and romance compared to the average guy), but solely to cope with "height dysphoria" (my father is 6'3, and I always wanted to be "close" to him). This may sound autistic, but there is something about the idea of being 180+ cm that puts my mind at ease (ideally I would want to be at least 183, but at 180 I would no longer really "feel short" since 5 cm below average is not very noticeable, especially if I wear thick but not comically thick footwear).

In addition to considering leg lengthening (perhaps in a year or two, at which point I will be 26) I have experimented with stretching my shoulders and spine to make the most of my present height through postural perfection. I was truly shocked to find out that after a few days of stretching for just a few minutes a day, I had "grown" to stand comfortably at a flat 5'11 (near 5'11.5 with military posture) when before, with all my might, I couldn't so much as touch 5'10.5.

I ceased stretching for a few days and found myself back at 5'10 (5'10.25 with the most rigorous posture attainable) and unable to assume the posture (wrists, elbows, and shoulders touching the wall) that I had been using for my exercises. After a short regimen, I was back at an easy 5'11. Does this suggest that 5'11 is my "real" height? It doesn't seem to be what has been called "daily shrinkage" (I was 5'10.25 in the morning at best and 5'10 flat in the late night after a wearisome day, never managed so much as 5'10.5 regardless of how long I slept before I started stretching). Perhaps some of you guys should look into this, especially if you (like me) aren't fit and mostly computer/desk-bound.

Now, proportions. My legs are slightly short compared to my torso, but it doesn't at all stand out since it's very minor--at 6', my legs would be just a teeny bit "too long", which is actually aesthetically ideal as far as I'm concerned. My arms are fairly long at 91-92 cm from shoulder to fingertip, and my overall wingspan is nearly 6'3, so even if I do two inches, which will put me at 6' at least, I will still have arms that are a tad "too long" for my frame. Leg lengthening, then, might actually improve my bodily proportions. I also have a fairly large head and long clavicles.

Hopefully we will all be able to make our height-related dreams come true! See you around, fellow aspirants.  :)

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
Re: New user, consider 1-2 inch leg lengthening
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 07:54:56 AM »

5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 07:58:40 AM »

Hey guy, why do you have to be a dck? Surely picking on people with height dysphoria is not the ideal time expenditure. Focus on your own issues.

Android

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:06:36 AM »

Height dysphoria is an emotional response to learned expectations, so I don't think it's illogical to want to be even taller at 5'10". Though you might want to visit an Asian country for a couple weeks for an ego boost, even I feel better when I visit and I'm only 5'5".

And don't forget about height increasing insoles; it's a great thing to try before CLL (cosmetic leg lengthening), as you can get a preview of what's to come. It's also a good way to have your peers get used to your new height, as you can increase your lifts gradually. And who knows, maybe you'll be satisfied, and you'll end up saving a lot of money and time.

In any case, height does change depending on stretching and time of day. There's no "real" height, so don't dwell on the meaning of it. The best you can do is measure yourself in a few different scenarios and take the average. It is extremely rare for someone to look at you and imagine how tall you are in numbers, so don't think too hard to the point that it induces an identity crisis.

If you're going to lengthen, might as well go a little over 2" (5 cm), I wouldn't even consider it for an inch. With your starting height, you can probably safely lengthen 2.75" (7 cm) or more, as recommended maximums are determined by your starting bone segment lengths.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

MirinHeight

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 08:17:49 AM »

Hello guys. At 5'10, many of you might think that I am not legitimately short and should get on with my life. However, in my country and peer group, this would roughly correspond to an American 5'7 (3 inches below average), and at this point of deviation from the mean, you are essentially "shortish" and will be overshadowed by taller people on a very regular basis.

I'm not doing this to have a career (I'm not interested in worldly/economic achievement) or to get dates (I can get those already if I want to, and I'm not very interested in sxx and romance compared to the average guy), but solely to cope with "height dysphoria" (my father is 6'3, and I always wanted to be "close" to him). This may sound autistic, but there is something about the idea of being 180+ cm that puts my mind at ease (ideally I would want to be at least 183, but at 180 I would no longer really "feel short" since 5 cm below average is not very noticeable, especially if I wear thick but not comically thick footwear).

In addition to considering leg lengthening (perhaps in a year or two, at which point I will be 26) I have experimented with stretching my shoulders and spine to make the most of my present height through postural perfection. I was truly shocked to find out that after a few days of stretching for just a few minutes a day, I had "grown" to stand comfortably at a flat 5'11 (near 5'11.5 with military posture) when before, with all my might, I couldn't so much as touch 5'10.5.

I ceased stretching for a few days and found myself back at 5'10 (5'10.25 with the most rigorous posture attainable) and unable to assume the posture (wrists, elbows, and shoulders touching the wall) that I had been using for my exercises. After a short regimen, I was back at an easy 5'11. Does this suggest that 5'11 is my "real" height? It doesn't seem to be what has been called "daily shrinkage" (I was 5'10.25 in the morning at best and 5'10 flat in the late night after a wearisome day, never managed so much as 5'10.5 regardless of how long I slept before I started stretching). Perhaps some of you guys should look into this, especially if you (like me) aren't fit and mostly computer/desk-bound.

Now, proportions. My legs are slightly short compared to my torso, but it doesn't at all stand out since it's very minor--at 6', my legs would be just a teeny bit "too long", which is actually aesthetically ideal as far as I'm concerned. My arms are fairly long at 91-92 cm from shoulder to fingertip, and my overall wingspan is nearly 6'3, so even if I do two inches, which will put me at 6' at least, I will still have arms that are a tad "too long" for my frame. Leg lengthening, then, might actually improve my bodily proportions. I also have a fairly large head and long clavicles.

Hopefully we will all be able to make our height-related dreams come true! See you around, fellow aspirants.  :)

hey man! Im around the same height as you and am going to do 3-3.5 cm!
good luck :D
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 08:23:09 AM »

Hey guy, why do you have to be a dck? Surely picking on people with height dysphoria is not the ideal time expenditure. Focus on your own issues.

"Height dysphoria" is not a real recognized psychological condition, it's a bs term coined by someone who worked with that doctor Paley who offers people leg lengthening to people dumb enough to give him $100,000 for 2 inches. You have BDD just like an anorexic chick that thinks she's fat. You probably also have anxiety disorders and depression and OCD and need to combine therapy with anti-depressants. You only have two legs. Don't be stupid like Mirin.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

jerkey

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 08:13:56 PM »

I agree with Android about using shoe lifts before LL. It really gives you a perspective on what it's like after LL. I understand you about feeling short b/c family is tall (my dad is 6ft and my younger sister was same height as me at 5'9). I'm serious about this, but since your english is so good, why don't you consider moving to the States, Canada or England where 5'10 is a very good height. You will automatically be average height in England/Canada/States vs. trying to get to 185cm in your country. Plus, these countries aesthetics has a lot to do with muscle, so bulking at 5'10 is awesome (probably 5'10, 5'11 best heights for bodybuilding since you can still fill out naturally).

With regards to your wingspan and perceived leg length, it's a masculine look (think gorilla) and testosterone has to do with it (lower center of gravity, can lift more with this kind of mechanics). As long as your pants inseam is 30 inches+ your legs don't look short to another person. Klinefelters and eunuchs tend to be tall with long limbs. Another theory of mine is that people who are tall with a long torso and shorter limbs probably have bigger bones b/c we all have the same number of vertebra (even giraffs), only difference is the size of the vertebra. Again, this is helpful for bodybuilding as heavier bones means you can carry more muscle naturally.

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 07:22:47 PM »

Hello, thanks for your informative and encouraging responses, guys (the bad apple aside!). I actually wear 0.5 inch insoles in my timberland boots and sneakers, subtle but sweet.

It seems that the height that I gained from stretching is regained "morning height" after all, for most the part (save for 0.25 inches or so). I am just over 5'10 and a quarter at night (just measured myself, been up since early morning and it's past 9 pm), and that's the height that I will "claim" I think, since I want to be able to reproduce my stated height under any non-exceptional circumstances, regardless of the time of the day.

My inseam measures 29 inches, is that short for my size? I never perceived my torso to be long in the past, but now that I think about it and have corrected my daily posture, I look quite a bit taller sitting down (long arms also contributes to this).

If I go for 2 inches on my tibiae (making me a bit over 6' at night), that should logicallly make my inseam measure 31", right? This may be a very stupid question, but anyhow.

Again thanks for the warm reception.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 09:26:16 PM »

Where the fk are u living if at 5'10 u feel short

extremis

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 12:46:29 AM »

"Height dysphoria" is not a real recognized psychological condition, it's a bs term coined by someone who worked with that doctor Paley who offers people leg lengthening to people dumb enough to give him $100,000 for 2 inches. You have BDD just like an anorexic chick that thinks she's fat. You probably also have anxiety disorders and depression and OCD and need to combine therapy with anti-depressants. You only have two legs. Don't be stupid like Mirin.

LOL at caring about what is or isn't a "real recognized psychological condition". "Recognized" by who? The APA?

This is the same group of people who consider it perfectly "normal" and "acceptable" for a man to wake up one day and decide he isn't really a man, he's a woman, and now he needs estradiol pills and depo-provera shots for life, as well as state-sponsored "sex reassignment surgery" involving full-body surgical procedures that put Leg Lengthening to shame so they can be chop shopped into something resembling a woman... all just so that they can end up killing themselves an approximate 39% of the time (research data indicates this).

So tell me redditor, is it okay for them to get surgery based on their neuroses, but not short people? Either way, who do you think you are to judge others for making decisions about THEIR bodies? You have no right to tell anyone what they ought to do in any case, especially not when you're tall and have no idea what it's like to be short.

Why isn't this guy banned yet? He's an obvious troll here to stir   up (read his boastful, inflammatory sig telling people to "come at" him)

onemorefoot

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 01:27:34 AM »

Where the fk are u living if at 5'10 u feel short
Budget will determine my future.

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 10:35:46 AM »

I live in Sweden. I don't really feel short, but certainly "shortish", given that I am slightly below average in stature. Especially considering the fact that I hang out in upper class social circles.

My shoulders are big (biacromial width of 43,5 cm, supposedly 95th percentile for "Caucasian" men), my hips are narrow (32 cm), my legs are average or shortish. I'm sure I would look a tad better at 6' overall, though I unfortunately have pretty small hands and feet (19,5 cm hands, size 43 EU feet)--however, this isn't an obstacle for me.

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »

According to my calculations, at 6'0,25 my inseam/height ratio will be 0,48 or slightly under. This is within the "normal" range as I understand, though perhaps on the long-legged side. In any event, I think relatively long legs is a good look (so long as they have some mass).

Android

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2017, 10:42:41 PM »

According to my calculations, at 6'0,25 my inseam/height ratio will be 0,48 or slightly under. This is within the "normal" range as I understand, though perhaps on the long-legged side. In any event, I think relatively long legs is a good look (so long as they have some mass).

I wouldn't worry much about proportions at your starting height and the amount you're looking to lengthen.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Big Daddy

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2017, 11:01:11 PM »

What's with all these low-T Swedes trying to make themselves taller? I mean they're the most cucked people on the planet and that's why Sweden is the rape capital of Europe and their cities look like Pakistan more and more each day. But you'd think that since they're about to become entirely middle eastern anyway and the average height will be lowered because of it, then the last thing the guys there would think about is getting taller.

Name

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 05:15:18 PM »

Did you measure your bike inseam or your true inseam? To find out what your bike inseam is, shove a book up to the bottom of your balls, and then measure the height from the floor to the top of the book. A guy who's 6'0,25" tall and has a bike inseam/height ratio of 0,48, should have a bike inseam of just over 88 cm.

westercoasten

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 06:13:37 PM »

What's with all these low-T Swedes trying to make themselves taller? I mean they're the most cucked people on the planet and that's why Sweden is the rape capital of Europe and their cities look like Pakistan more and more each day. But you'd think that since they're about to become entirely middle eastern anyway and the average height will be lowered because of it, then the last thing the guys there would think about is getting taller.
Nobody cares what height an arab has, most swedes hangs out with other swedes and compare themselves to them.

McCarony

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »

at your height i would't worry about proportions and that's all i can say. ido agree your'e not short but but you can only assess yourself if your reason is god enough

McCarony

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 11:57:21 PM »

somebody's envious of swedes being tall. tell me, do you have short man syndrome?

Android

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 12:03:02 AM »

somebody's envious of swedes being tall. tell me, do you have short man syndrome?

Read his signature. Don't feed the troll.

Big Daddy

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 12:19:41 AM »

I'm 5'11 - do you even logic?

Big Daddy

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 12:22:18 AM »

Nobody cares what height an arab has, most swedes hangs out with other swedes and compare themselves to them.

No matter what height, no Swedes are getting laid these days anyway unless it's with other men.

Android

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 01:21:42 AM »

No matter what height, no Swedes are getting laid these days anyway unless it's with other men.

Interesting trivia, I'm glad we have someone with experience to enlighten us. Thanks.

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 08:46:35 AM »

Thanks for the advice, Android and others! As for the person who thinks that he can so much as annoy me by attempting to demean my ethnic group, just lol. Time to grow up (no pun intended).

I bought a stadiometer to ensure proper height measurements. Yesterday, I woke up slightly north of 5'11 and held a comfortable 179-179.5 cm even in the late night (I didn't really exert myself heavily though, remained seated for most of the day). Recently fixed my anterior pelvic tilt, so perhaps I am able to retain more height now as my lumbar configuration has improved.

Think I will go for something like 4 cm on femurs, making me a minimum of 182 cm, which is an OK/good height in my situation. The smaller the increase, the smoother the recovery, I figure. If this proves insufficient in the long run, I would much rather opt for a second operation a couple of years down the line, adding 2-3 cm to my tibiae. I think that if I added 5+ cm to my femurs alone, things would start to look (and function) a bit sub-optimal.

As for my "bike inseam", I don't know how thick "a book" is supposed to be, but my testicles are presently 82 cm from the ground.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:08:14 AM by Enrisbusken »

Bander72

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 11:54:49 AM »

Thanks for the advice, Android and others! As for the person who thinks that he can so much as annoy me by attempting to demean my ethnic group, just lol. Time to grow up (no pun intended).

I bought a stadiometer to ensure proper height measurements. Yesterday, I woke up slightly north of 5'11 and held a comfortable 179-179.5 cm even in the late night (I didn't really exert myself heavily though, remained seated for most of the day). Recently fixed my anterior pelvic tilt, so perhaps I am able to retain more height now as my lumbar configuration has improved.

Think I will go for something like 4 cm on femurs, making me a minimum of 182 cm, which is an OK/good height in my situation. The smaller the increase, the smoother the recovery, I figure. If this proves insufficient in the long run, I would much rather opt for a second operation a couple of years down the line, adding 2-3 cm to my tibiae. I think that if I added 5+ cm to my femurs alone, things would start to look (and function) a bit sub-optimal.

As for my "bike inseam", I don't know how thick "a book" is supposed to be, but my testicles are presently 82 cm from the ground.

There won't be things working in a optimal level. In fact you will be less atlethic. So if you are referring to looking better then perhaps you will depending on proportions but your body function is at its peak right know. And if you are doing femur no point of doing less than 5 cm.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2017, 11:57:55 AM »

There won't be things working in a optimal level. In fact you will be less atlethic. So if you are referring to looking better then perhaps you will depending on proportions but your body function is at its peak right know.

Yes, I am referring to looks exclusively. I don't have any need to be particularly athletic. However, I wouldn't want to be unable to run and do basic outdoorsy stuff either, so functionality is of course important up to a point.

Bander72

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 12:02:42 PM »

Yes, I am referring to looks exclusively. I don't have any need to be particularly athletic. However, I wouldn't want to be unable to run and do basic outdoorsy stuff either, so functionality is of course important up to a point.

Well you don't seem to be aspiring to lengthen big amounts so if you lengthen. 5 cm with a respectable doctor then you should be fine.

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »

Wow, apparently I performed the wrong kind of arm length measurement. My arms are actually just a little over 32" (82 cm) from acromion to fingertip. Would that look OK at 6'?

EDIT: I'm overthinking this I guess. Since my arms definitely don't look short now, they won't at 4-5+ cm either.

Body Builder

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 01:59:15 PM »

Wow, apparently I performed the wrong kind of arm length measurement. My arms are actually just a little over 32" (82 cm) from acromion to fingertip. Would that look OK at 6'?

EDIT: I'm overthinking this I guess. Since my arms definitely don't look short now, they won't at 4-5+ cm either.
I think you should lengthen 1.2 cm your arms to look ok with the 3cm femur lengthening you want to do.

Enrisbusken

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 02:19:04 PM »

I think you should lengthen 1.2 cm your arms to look ok with the 3cm femur lengthening you want to do.

I sincerely doubt that breaking my humeri would be worth it for only 1.2 cm. Does anyone know the average arm length?

Bander72

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »

I sincerely doubt that breaking my humeri would be worth it for only 1.2 cm. Does anyone know the average arm length?

He's being sarcastic. Unless your gonna lengthen more than 10 cm dont.worry about arms.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up