Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fighting & Self defence after LL  (Read 4395 times)

Mtall

Fighting & Self defence after LL
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:27:56 PM »

What is the level of capability of defending yourself in a fight, once someone does LL and recovers, assuming he doesn't suffer any long term complications?

For more explanation: if a person does LL for say, 6-7 cms (reasonable amount) and recovers, can he fight in self defence reasonably well? Or is he going to always be a sort of, handicapped person in a fight?

I am not speaking of competitive fighting, I'm talking about self defence fighting, like if you get into a scrap on the road with someone who has road rage, or you have to defend yourself against a house burglar or something like that?

MrHandsome

Re: Fighting & Self defence after LL
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »

You won't be able to fight as well. Some martial artist had the surgery and wasn't the same again.

Body Builder

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 10:17:18 PM »

You'll have worse balance and speed than before. Especially balance and stability are veey important in fighting. So yes you'll be worse after LL in fighting especially if you lengthen that much as you said

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 11:41:04 PM »

You'll have worse balance and speed than before. Especially balance and stability are veey important in fighting. So yes you'll be worse after LL in fighting especially if you lengthen that much as you said

That's fked up, man.

biggerdreams

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 11:53:02 PM »

It's strange to hear so many people say that you'll be off balance and you won't be able to go back to high level of exercise. But we've seen people exercise and run etc.

I really wonder if people are just training harder than others.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 12:37:41 AM »

You'll be screwed in a zombie apocalypse when you're forced to outrun a zombie horde.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

DoingItForMe

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 01:00:24 AM »

I tried doing sports again. I'm not as quick on my feet as I used to be. Upper body isn't affected at all. My leg stamina was also really bad for quite a while after surgery.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

lldude

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 07:37:11 AM »

Of course you will be able to. There's a buinch of different martial arts you will be able to practice after LL, specially boxing (my favorite).

Let me tell you something, the chances of you getting in a fight are ridiculously small, and it only increases if you put yourself in risky scenarios (if you like to hang out around drunks, the chance increases, but if you are a chill guy do doesn't hang around bars and night clubs, the chance decreases).

I'm from Brazil, grew up in a favela (brazilian ghetto) and still never got in a fight. Go ahead and practice a martial art, it is great for your body and mind, but don't go in with the mentality that you will eventually need it for self defense; it most likely won't happen.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 08:50:04 AM »

You better have pepper spray or a gun at hand when you plan to get in dangerous situations after LL.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 11:14:12 AM »

It's strange to hear so many people say that you'll be off balance and you won't be able to go back to high level of exercise. But we've seen people exercise and run etc.

I really wonder if people are just training harder than others.
I am a professional bber with almost 48cm arms at about 13-14% body fat.
Donyou think that I am not training hard?

I never said you won't run or train after LL. I said that the balance and stamina will be affected a lot and these are very important on fighting.
So your fighting skills, which are much more complicated than running, will be affected a lot. If you think that after 6-7 cm you'll be really agile and stable in a fight then try it.

Overdozer

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 01:53:39 PM »

Good pepper spray for light self-defense situations
A gun or a knife for serious threats.

Fighting in SD isn't the best idea. You shouldn't be bothered at all about your fighting abilities unless you live on the ring.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Mtall

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 11:32:42 PM »

Fighting in SD isn't the best idea. You shouldn't be bothered at all about your fighting abilities unless you live on the ring.

Are you saying this generally, or are you saying "fighting in self defence after you've done LL is not the best idea"?

Body Builder

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 11:38:39 PM »

I am an amateur bber with almost 48cm arms at about 13-14% body fat.
Donyou think that I am not training hard?

I never said you won't run or train after LL. I said that the balance and stamina will be affected a lot and these are very important on fighting.
So your fighting skills, which are much more complicated than running, will be affected a lot. If you think that after 6-7 cm you'll be really agile and stable in a fight then try it.
I wanted to write amateur. I am no way a pro.

biggerdreams

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 07:21:32 AM »

I wanted to write amateur. I am no way a pro.

I'm not say you're not training hard, I don't know you. But even in your case if you are indeed training hard doing bb, do you think balance is as important as say running, or gymnastics, or martial arts? I am only saying this because I wonder if you train very hard to regain your balance, not just train hard in general, surely you can regain this overtime if that is your focus. This is just my theory, maybe I have more faith in the human body's ability to adapt and recover.

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 01:07:01 PM »

I'm not say you're not training hard, I don't know you. But even in your case if you are indeed training hard doing bb, do you think balance is as important as say running, or gymnastics, or martial arts? I am only saying this because I wonder if you train very hard to regain your balance, not just train hard in general, surely you can regain this overtime if that is your focus. This is just my theory, maybe I have more faith in the human body's ability to adapt and recover.
The change in biomechanics and the stretching of soft tissues causes inevitably some balance issues. The more you lengthen the worse it gets.
In bbing that doesn't play a big role but in martial arts balance and agility are the most important factors.

That said I didn't say that you can't fight after LL but you are much compromised compare to before.
The good thing is that the taller you are the harder someone will pick you for a fight.

Bander72

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 01:29:25 PM »

Lol are some of you in a secret fight club to be worrying about these things. I bet more than half have never been in a fight so why stress over that when you have not even done the surgery yet.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 02:35:41 PM »

What if you are out with your girlfriend and some dude hits on her. As a man you obviously need to stand up for her and confront this dude. What if he attacks you and beats you in a fight, do you think your gf would still respect you even if you lose?

Overdozer

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »

What if you are out with your girlfriend and some dude hits on her. As a man you obviously need to stand up for her and confront this dude. What if he attacks you and beats you in a fight, do you think your gf would still respect you even if you lose?
How old are you?
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Body Builder

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 05:22:39 PM »

She will respect you more if you are taller all the other days so it is ok.

Bander72

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 07:11:25 PM »

It's a crapshoot. You could win or loose in any fight.even at pre LL but if it's that important then carry a tazer with you. ::)
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

antitroll

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 02:54:37 AM »

Yes, you're right. You better not do LL then.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 11:27:07 AM »

Yes, you're right. You better not do LL then.

Do you seriously believe I'm right? I was a little provocative when I wrote that. What is your honest opinion on that issue?

MrHandsome

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »

It doesn't matter the woman will respect you more if you are taller anyway.

Under 5'9 amd you'll have a horrible quality of life.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 12:38:30 PM »

That was a completely idiotic and brainless statement. You should be ashamed.

google42

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 07:24:03 PM »

Maybe for you, if this is all you think about.

MrHandsome

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2017, 09:54:12 PM »

That was a completely idiotic and brainless statement. You should be ashamed.

You will most CEOs and leaders are over 6ft.

Zeo

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2017, 10:22:40 PM »

So your quality of life is based on what random chicks think of you?
That must be a sad way to live.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Body Builder

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2017, 10:38:59 PM »

Being unattractive to the majority of the other gender, no matter what the reason is, reduces a lot the quality of someones life. Moreover if he is being disrespected too.
So yes, being short reduces the quality of a man's life.

KrP1

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 12:09:23 AM »

Being unattractive to the majority of the other gender, no matter what the reason is, reduces a lot the quality of someones life. Moreover if he is being disrespected too.

Yeah , i think the same

Zeo

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 01:01:25 AM »

Sure it's reduced, I mean I wouldn't be on this forum I thought my quality of life would be the same. But I'm disagreeing that if your short you will have a "horrible" quality of life.

Not getting laid, or only getting laid with ugly girls reduces your quality of life. Being unattractive to the majority of girls only reduces your quality of life if you put a lot of weight on what random girls think of you or if you can't get laid with the attractive girls that actually dont mind the height (they're the minority but they are there). You can still get laid with attractive girls if your short. And if your getting laid with (the small minority) of attractive girls that don't mind short guys, then who cares what the others think. Not saying you don't have to try harder and have more things going for you but it's not a "horrible quality of life" by far.

Idk I just get really irked when people here preach that your height defines how your life will be, sure your going to have to improve yourself more in other ways (body, money, charisma etc) to get the same results, but I dont see being forced to improve yourself as a negative thing.

Luckily I know a lot of short guys who hookup with attractive girls regularly,but they all have a lot of things going for them. If I didn't have real life examples I know it would be harder to believe this.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

MrHandsome

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 04:57:10 AM »

While you definitely can hookup with hot girls as a short guy, you need to compensate severely and be above average in everything else.

Also this applies for guys in between 5'6 and 5'8. Below that you're fked.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up