Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone been able to get athletic ability back or has anyone ever came close  (Read 4199 times)

ramaka

Hey i am just wondering if anyone who has had limb lengthening have you been able to maintain some athletic ability and if so how much did you actually lengthen and what was your original height compared to your new height.

Also if you did two lengthening's were they on the same part I.E tibs or femurs and again how much did you lengthen thanks

Datum

Maintain athletic ability is not possible. Some guys can walk and run weird but some people can't walk even after 3 years.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

ramaka

what i mean is can you actually run and walk if you have paid for the experience of a good doctor

Maintain athletic ability is not possible. Some guys can walk and run weird but some people can't walk even after 3 years.

Source please.

ramaka

Lots of people can walk normally after the surgery if they couldn’t then what would be the point of it in the first place so I think we defo need a source to prove your point.

Body Builder

Lots of people can walk normally after the surgery if they couldn’t then what would be the point of it in the first place so I think we defo need a source to prove your point.
He didn't said that if things go well someone won't walk normally.
But yes there are many people crippled after LL that can't even walk normal. So what proofndo you want about that?

ramaka

I have seen videos of people running and walking normally after LL surgery however I am guessing that they must have only lengthened at most 5-6 cm on either Tibs or femurs or both and maybe that’s why they were able to run proper also I’m guessing the better the doctor the better the results I.E Paley.

I have seen videos of people running and walking normally after LL surgery however I am guessing that they must have only lengthened at most 5-6 cm on either Tibs or femurs or both and maybe that’s why they were able to run proper also I’m guessing the better the doctor the better the results I.E Paley.
If i remember correctly Paley lets his patients do 6 cm in tibs and 8 cm in fems maximum in separate occasions (he suggests a year apart). However sum of his patients elect 2 do even lower than that due to bad consolidation and/or to be on the safe side or just because they feel anymore than that would be unnecessary. Paley's patients usually turn out fine i cant say 100% of the time because at the end of the day we don't know if paley has had some bad cases that he had to settle for but from all the diaries that are online i've only came across one that had a bad experience. but if ur asking about 100% athletic ability after limb lengthening then I highly doubt it but perhaps if u do 4+4 or another low number like that and take things very easy during consolidation phase with a good healthy diet to promote fast bone/muscle regeneration then i believe its possible (in my unprofessional opinion). We have alot of diaries that come out running/walking just fine.

ramaka

If i remember correctly Paley lets his patients do 6 cm in tibs and 8 cm in fems maximum in separate occasions (he suggests a year apart). However sum of his patients elect 2 do even lower than that due to bad consolidation and/or to be on the safe side or just because they feel anymore than that would be unnecessary. Paley's patients usually turn out fine i cant say 100% of the time because at the end of the day we don't know if paley has had some bad cases that he had to settle for but from all the diaries that are online i've only came across one that had a bad experience. but if ur asking about 100% athletic ability after limb lengthening then I highly doubt it but perhaps if u do 4+4 or another low number like that and take things very easy during consolidation phase with a good healthy diet to promote fast bone/muscle regeneration then i believe its possible (in my unprofessional opinion). We have alot of diaries that come out running/walking just fine.

Would 5 cm tibs and 5.5 cm femur get a decent recovery if the person followed all the steps you mentioned above like take it easy and eat a good diet.

I know you probably lose a bit of your explosive pace but never being able to run or walk after seems a bit far fetched I mean ppl break bones like legs all the time but can get back to how they were before if they train hard so if you put the same amount of time and effort wouldn’t LL patients be in a similar position.

Bander72

The same questions asked over and over, how about using the search option.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Would 5 cm tibs and 5.5 cm femur get a decent recovery if the person followed all the steps you mentioned above like take it easy and eat a good diet.

I know you probably lose a bit of your explosive pace but never being able to run or walk after seems a bit far fetched I mean ppl break bones like legs all the time but can get back to how they were before if they train hard so if you put the same amount of time and effort wouldn’t LL patients be in a similar position.

Yeah, from all my research (i've done alot) 5+5.5  assuming no complications occur the recovery would be very,very good especially if u take care of urself.  Ur right people do break bones and get back to how they were but they aren't lengthening it and forcing their tendons,bones,and muscles to regenerate so thats something to keep in mind but the good thing about doing a little bit like 5-6cm is the bone gap won't be far from your original bone so you definitely won't have any misalignment and since u aren't lengthening much ur tendons and muscles should be fine. i think what the poster meant when he said u wont be able to run/walk is probably mentioning ppl that do outrageous amounts like 8+cm in one segment.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

I think that with any amount of leg lengthening on either segment, your running endurance will be totally shot compared to before. Don't do it if you dream of being in pro sports or have a career in it already.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Mtall

but from all the diaries that are online i've only came across one that had a bad experience.

Who had a bad experience with Paley?

yyes

I think that with any amount of leg lengthening on either segment, your running endurance will be totally shot compared to before. Don't do it if you dream of being in pro sports or have a career in it already.

But what if you want to compete locally? Im 28 and plan to do LL next year. Will I be able to play competitive sports (NOT professional) in my city?

The Dreamer

Forget about it.Just look at Sweden,he was in the national team of martial arts.He stated he won't back the same anymore.If you do LL,forget about being competitive in sports
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Forget about it.Just look at Sweden,he was in the national team of martial arts.He stated he won't back the same anymore.If you do LL,forget about being competitive in sports
I agree w/ what u said but using one example to say something is impossible is stupid in almost every form of research. First of all, there are several factors that caused Sweden's decline that (suprise,suprise) u didn't mention.
1). His doctor was Dr. Sarin, who has crippled many others. Sweden is very lucky to still be able to walk. Let alone be bale to practice martial arts recreationally.
2). Sweden was old when he did the surgery. When u are old and do LL u have poorer bone/muscle/tendon regeneration than a younger person generally speaking. Sweden was 30+ yrs old for reference.
3). Prior to doing LL, Sweden had a ACL rupture and was on crutches for weeks.
4). During the recovery phase, Sweden did limited PT and even said he regretted not doing it.
So yeah, before u say a stupid ass statement like that that can make people believe LL is this procedure from hell that will cripple you state the retrospect side as well.

Who had a bad experience with Paley?
Forgot who's diary it was. It's either on this forum or the old one. Snoop around.

The Dreamer

I agree w/ what u said but using one example to say something is impossible is stupid in almost every form of research. First of all, there are several factors that caused Sweden's decline that (suprise,suprise) u didn't mention.
1). His doctor was Dr. Sarin, who has crippled many others. Sweden is very lucky to still be able to walk. Let alone be bale to practice martial arts recreationally.
2). Sweden was old when he did the surgery. When u are old and do LL u have poorer bone/muscle/tendon regeneration than a younger person generally speaking. Sweden was 30+ yrs old for reference.
4). During the recovery phase, Sweden did limited PT and even said he regretted not doing it.
So yeah, before u say a stupid ass statement like that that can make people believe LL is this procedure from hell that will cripple you state the retrospect side as well.
I don't have to specify the four points that you have said,anyone who have read Sweden's diary knows that.You schoolteacher should know also that Sweden said Sarin did a good job on him (one of the fewest patients of Sarin that doesn't bash the doctor)
All diaries state that running,stamina and pace are way worse than before LL.If you believe that you can be competitive after broking 2 legs and stretching unnaturally soft tissues,you're a joke.
A lot of pro athlets are not able to recover 100% from a simple bone fracture and don't manage to regain the previous level,figure out LL
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

lldude

Thank you!!! People love to use complicated examples as an indication of how awful LL is, but conveniently always omit the details.

I don't have to specify the four points that you have said,anyone who have read Sweden's diary knows that.You schoolteacher should know also that Sweden said Sarin did a good job on him (one of the fewest patients of Sarin that doesn't bash the doctor)
All diaries state that running,stamina and pace are way worse than before LL.If you believe that you can be competitive after broking 2 legs and stretching unnaturally soft tissues,you're a joke.
A lot of pro athlets are not able to recover 100% from a simple bone fracture and don't manage to regain the previous level,figure out LL
Like i said, i agree w/ you in that someone that has done LL won't be able to be competitive in sports and never stated that u can after breaking 2 legs. So how am i a joke?
I'm just showing people that u choose what to omit and what not to omit to make it seem like LL will cripple you forever. Many people after LL can run/walk just fine. Ur constantly saying that the performance won't be the same which is obvious and everyone knows that.

Thank you!!! People love to use complicated examples as an indication of how awful LL is, but conveniently always omit the details.
Cheers.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up