Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Performing a finger osteotomy to test the healing's rate  (Read 1772 times)

The Dreamer

Performing a finger osteotomy to test the healing's rate
« on: September 11, 2017, 08:33:37 PM »

Hi guys,I was thinking about a osteotomy finger's bone.
Performing it would be surely safer,easier and more less painful than experimenting our legs.It would be a test in order to aknowledge how is our regeneration rate.
If it is bad,it would be a red flag to avoid LL
I was thinking about this when i read a lot of patients saying that they didn't know their regeneration rate.
I know finger's bone it is slightly different from leg's one but it could be a good base to have an idea about it
Hoping i will get more answers than topics regarding people who did LL to pass from 6 to 6.4,Star Wars stuff,spanish doctor debate or other bullcrap
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

RealTrump

Re: Performing a finger osteotomy to test the healing's rate
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 11:14:33 PM »

I tried this on my 3rd leg and it not only healed but got real big.

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 04:23:31 AM »

Why docs cackle that we cant predict Who Will get non-unions?
Budget will determine my future.

The Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 04:50:12 AM »

Why docs cackle that we cant predict Who Will get non-unions?
What do you mean ?

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 05:11:44 AM »

They say that we cant predict Who Will get non-unions, which is correlated with healing
Budget will determine my future.

The Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 06:33:30 AM »

They say that we cant predict Who Will get non-unions, which is correlated with healing
Are you sure about it ? I really don't figure why performing minor osteotomies wouldn't work.It is always a bone of whom we are talking about

The Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 08:35:30 AM »

Once did,it could be possible to compare our bone's healing rate with others samples in medical databases.
It would be also possible to ask to a LL veteran (that had a good healing rate and did not suffer from non-union) to undergo on the same operation,in order to compare healing rate.Surely he won't to this for free,so you could pay him to do that.
But it will worth because if you will show a healing rate similar to him,you could undergo on this surgery with major certainties

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 09:09:05 AM »

All these are crazy things that only on that forum would have been said.

By breaking a bone you can't see if you are gonna have non union in LL as it is something completely different.
And also, non union is something very rare for a healthy person, if you lengthen at a normal rate and don't take antiinflammatory drugs then it is almost impossible.

So stop thinking all these crazy  , LL has much more risks than non union which is almost impossible and even if it happens most of the times it can be solved.

The Dreamer

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »

All these are crazy things that only on that forum would have been said.

By breaking a bone you can't see if you are gonna have non union in LL as it is something completely different.
And also, non union is something very rare for a healthy person, if you lengthen at a normal rate and don't take antiinflammatory drugs then it is almost impossible.

So stop thinking all these crazy crap, LL has much more risks than non union which is almost impossible and even if it happens most of the times it can be solved.
"All these crazy crap".If this is crazy,what about topics of people with Star Wars avatar wanting to go from 6->6.4,people doing it for basket,guys wanting to cut own healthy legs to get Cyborg Legs and other crap ?
I'm just figuring the best strategy that includes the less risk and pain.
I have also started a topic regarding the role of flexibility in LL and get 1 response when ridiculous topics not related to LL get way more replies and attention.
People on this forum are more interested in discussing crap than LL,which is the forum's purpose.It is disappointing

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »

The thing that there are some lunatics here like Vader does not mean that it is more sane to think about breaking your finger to see how is your consolidation rate.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »

Yeah, it doesn't sound like a good idea. You can still run into problems with LL if your finger surgery turns out fine, and if your finger surgery turns out horrible, could you really stick to never thinking about LL again?

Also, would you like having one finger longer than the other?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

The Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 01:27:42 PM »

Yeah, it doesn't sound like a good idea. You can still run into problems with LL if your finger surgery turns out fine, and if your finger surgery turns out horrible, could you really stick to never thinking about LL again?

Also, would you like having one finger longer than the other?
I didn't talk about lenghtening a finger,i was talking about comparing healing rate after osteotomy considering 2 patients that do the same cut (for example proximal phalanges)
The regeneration quality is the same on a finger bone and on a leg bone.If i see that my regeneration is difficult or very slow i surely avoid LL.Doing it after this it would be a suicide

The Dreamer

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 01:34:30 PM »

The thing that there are some lunatics here like Vader does not mean that it is more sane to think about breaking your finger to see how is your consolidation rate.
It's more sane to break your 2 legs and hope to have a decent regeneration rate,right ?
I don't understand how could you mark this "unsane" when we are talkin about a surgery that involves tibia or femur's osteotomy
And the regeneration of a finger's bone could give us useful information if compared with others samples.Because if patient A has slower regeneration on finger's bone than patient B,also tibias and femurs of patient A will slowly regenerate than patient's B one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up