Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have you ever thought about this ?  (Read 1289 times)

The Dreamer

Have you ever thought about this ?
« on: September 07, 2017, 09:22:08 AM »

Hi guys,i want to know what do you think about this
It's a common opinion that lengthening small ammounts(2/3 cm) is safe,less painfull and it has way better recovery time.
What about a strategy that includes 2 osteotomies ?
I mean,let's to suppose i want to do 5 cm on my tibias with pure external method.
I could do 2.5 cm and when I'm done,I could wait to see how my body responds to that.Doing this i will give much time to my body (tissues,muscles) to adapt at the new biomechanics.For example i could spend a year only for walking.
Once i find out that my body is responding fine,i could do a second osteotomy of 2.5 cm.Osteotomy would be easier since I don't have a very strong bone.
So i could avoid to lengthen a massive ammount and discover later that my tissues can't hold up.
What do you think ?
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

SeekingSentimetres

• Visitor
Re: Have you ever thought about this ?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:17:59 AM »

Hi guys,i want to know what do you think about this
It's a common opinion that lengthening small ammounts(2/3 cm) is safe,less painfull and it has way better recovery time.
What about a strategy that includes 2 osteotomies ?
I mean,let's to suppose i want to do 5 cm on my tibias with pure external method.
I could do 2.5 cm and when I'm done,I could wait to see how my body responds to that.Doing this i will give much time to my body (tissues,muscles) to adapt at the new biomechanics.For example i could spend a year only for walking.
Once i find out that my body is responding fine,i could do a second osteotomy of 2.5 cm.Osteotomy would be easier since I don't have a very strong bone.
So i could avoid to lengthen a massive ammount and discover later that my tissues can't hold up.
What do you think ?

No. You are a 177 cm man lol. You need to grow up, not taller

The Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »

No. You are a 177 cm man lol. You need to grow up, not taller
What a kind of answer...I didn't say:tomorrow i'm gonna do this.
It was an assumption in order to gather some usefull points of view

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 11:33:59 AM »

The new bone the forms is usually thicker after consolidation (you can see that with the X-rays of patients here).

I learned some stuff during this time

The Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 12:58:05 PM »

The new bone the forms is usually thicker after consolidation (you can see that with the X-rays of patients here).
I'll check it.But even though it is true,I think this strategy has a noticeable psychological impact: knowing that you would be in frames only for 3,5 months and then you could walk without them is way better than thinking: "Ok,operation went well,now i have to stay 9 months in frames"
In plus you will give the possibility to you body to slowly adapt at the changes.And you will definitely know if an another operation will be possible or not.
Otherwise a double surgery implies double costs.
But it is better than lenghtening for 5 cms and then noticimg that your body cannot adapt

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 02:04:26 PM »

Τhis is a bad idea as it involves 2 surgeries, the double money, the double tsurgery risks and more time for rehabilitation.
And all these for something you can achieve most of the time with one surgery.

So no, imo this is not a good idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up