Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: There's a lot of people here who need to see psychologist.  (Read 5409 times)

midnightninja

There's a lot of people here who need to see psychologist.
« on: September 06, 2017, 03:32:14 AM »

I've been a member on this site for a while now and I have seem countless amounts of people who join up and expect to gain a billion inches in height. I read one persons goal of wanting to go from 5'10" to 6'3" and refused to listen to anyone who told him otherwise.

I also see a lot of people who are between the heights of 5'9.5" - 5'10" (175 - 177) wanting to do this surgery. STOP! Go to a therapist or a psychologist. You're taller than a lot of men already! in fact you're above average height. Okay you may live in the land of the giants but instead of looking to alter your body maybe change country? 5'10" is perfect in America so move from Denmark or w/e to the USA.

If you're not over 18 then get the hell of this forum and anything related to height until you're at least 21. You're may not be growing taller but you are growing mentally and physically in turns of muscles. You may hate being "short" but your body will more than likely fill out from 18-21 with muscles that make your height and body look good. You may also grow mentally and realize that your height is okay and that you're focusing too much on what others think. News flash those people probably aren't even thinking about your height.

You might think why does this even matter, how does this affect you? This affects people like me and you because these idiots who cannot do research and approach this surgery with reason will ask their doctors to do these insane lengthening amounts. This will in turn lead to do a negative outcome as anyone who has gotten 5+ inches can tell you, they will then come here and post about their bad experience which will affect our research because they wont include how stupid they were that they got a 5+ increase for $25k in whoopwhoop land.

Here's a few things I learnt from lurking for over a year:
1. This surgery should not be done cheaply. Save the money, get a loan. Please don't go to some $15k doctor. A nose job costs $10k so a osteotomy on your legs for lengthening will obviously cost a lot more and should!

2. Aim for a conservative lengthening goal! I'd personally say 3" max! I'm 5'7" I'd love to be 6'2" but hey looking at my body and it's limits 5'9" will have to do. You need to think about how it will look, how it will affect your bodies mechanics, how you will age physically our bones do grow weaker as we age.

3. Research, research, research! If you're interested in femur lengthening then read ever diary on femur lengthening. The same goes for tibia lengthening. Record every positive and negative diary on paper, notepad, stickies and then account that in your decision. Remember that people who had success with this surgery are more likely to not post about it and move on with their life as apposed to someone who had a bad outcome. Think rationally on why this person had a bad outcome and why this person had a good outcome, was it the length? the time they took to get it done? the doctor? the price? their pre-op body and physique?

SeekingSentimetres

• Visitor
Re: There's a lot of people here who need to see psychologist.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 05:10:21 AM »

Hi
With all due respect, you are wrong

Cloudo

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 05:59:59 AM »

Okay
Original height: 176cm
Goal height: 191cm

Zeo

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 06:26:28 AM »

Hi
With all due respect, you are wrong

With all due respect, he's really not. I guess that you could make the argument that at what height LL is "justified" and where the line is drawn since height dysmorphia is a very individualized thing (lets be very clear we all have height dysmorphia, that's why we're on this forum) . But everything else he is 1000% right. 

When he say's "Here's a few things I learnt from lurking for over a year", these are conclusions that naturally come when you read a lot of diaries and experiences. Go to the diaries, click on the "replies" button and see which ones have the most replies to see mostly "complete" diaries. Read all 25+ pages of replies for at least the ones that are relative to you (internal/external/doctors etc). Yea it will take a while, but it can save your limbs, and I'm really not exaggerating when i say that. 

You come to realized that the ones that had the best outcomes had things in common, good doctor, reasonable amount of lengthening, slow lengthening rate, good prep and PT, etc etc. Also when you read the experiences of those who lengthening a large amount and years later are still struggling, hearing them describe it in their own words really makes you rethink this and take it seriously. He hit the nail on the head when he said to think about what they did good and bad, honestly the "bad outcome" diaries will teach you the most.

One last thing. Lets not forget about what the goal of this is. The goal is to get over your height dysmorphia and to be comfortable in your own skin. When it comes down to it people pay money to be taller because of how it will make them feel. Whether you want to feel more attractive, powerful, respected etc. Realize that there are a ton of other ways to get those feelings too. Get your life in order, work out, get a good career, learn social skills, find your passion etc. You better have your life in order and work hard in every other aspect of your life, if not your insecurity is going to shift from height to something else and you will be in an never ending loop of not being comfortable or satisfied with your self.

so I would like to add tip #4- Don't go into this expecting limb lengthening to make your life great. Make your life great and then go into limb lengthening.

The goal is to get this sh!t over with and move on with your life. So work hard, be smart, do this right, and move on and live a happy life.

I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

SeekingSentimetres

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 07:52:07 AM »

With all due respect, he's really not. I guess that you could make the argument that at what height LL is "justified" and where the line is drawn since height dysmorphia is a very individualized thing (lets be very clear we all have height dysmorphia, that's why we're on this forum) . But everything else he is 1000% right. 

When he say's "Here's a few things I learnt from lurking for over a year", these are conclusions that naturally come when you read a lot of diaries and experiences. Go to the diaries, click on the "replies" button and see which ones have the most replies to see mostly "complete" diaries. Read all 25+ pages of replies for at least the ones that are relative to you (internal/external/doctors etc). Yea it will take a while, but it can save your limbs, and I'm really not exaggerating when i say that. 

You come to realized that the ones that had the best outcomes had things in common, good doctor, reasonable amount of lengthening, slow lengthening rate, good prep and PT, etc etc. Also when you read the experiences of those who lengthening a large amount and years later are still struggling, hearing them describe it in their own words really makes you rethink this and take it seriously. He hit the nail on the head when he said to think about what they did good and bad, honestly the "bad outcome" diaries will teach you the most.

One last thing. Lets not forget about what the goal of this is. The goal is to get over your height dysmorphia and to be comfortable in your own skin. When it comes down to it people pay money to be taller because of how it will make them feel. Whether you want to feel more attractive, powerful, respected etc. Realize that there are a ton of other ways to get those feelings too. Get your life in order, work out, get a good career, learn social skills, find your passion etc. You better have your life in order and work hard in every other aspect of your life, if not your insecurity is going to shift from height to something else and you will be in an never ending loop of not being comfortable or satisfied with your self.

so I would like to add tip #4- Don't go into this expecting limb lengthening to make your life great. Make your life great and then go into limb lengthening.

The goal is to get this sh!t over with and move on with your life. So work hard, be smart, do this right, and move on and live a happy life.

cool....still not convinced. Still wrong

Knik

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 09:13:07 AM »

"1. This surgery should not be done cheaply. Save the money, get a loan. Please don't go to some $15k doctor. A nose job costs $10k so a osteotomy on your legs for lengthening will obviously cost a lot more and should!"

YEYE Guys, go to Guichet or Paley. They are expensive, so necessarly the better. Especially Guichet !
150k, every people in earth are able to save that to go to Paley institute. 

Also if 5'10" people want to do LL, that's their problem. And most of them won't make the operation.

Looking for Pili

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 09:21:13 AM »

With all due respect, "you need to see a psychologist" here was written by a person who said that HGH can give you a massive height boost of more than 6 inches during puberty and that kids of rich families regularly get HGH injected to become tall. Ironic?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

MrHandsome

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 10:53:32 AM »

With all due respect, "you need to see a psychologist" here was written by a person who said that HGH can give you a massive height boost of more than 6 inches during puberty and that kids of rich families regularly get HGH injected to become tall. Ironic?

It won't give you a 6 inch boost but it will give you a boost no matter what even if you aren't hgh deficient.

If your plates are closed your hands and feet will grow from high dosages of hgh. This has been proven both scientifically and anecdotally when you observe bodybuilders.

Knik

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 10:57:43 AM »

It won't give you a 6 inch boost but it will give you a boost no matter what even if you aren't hgh deficient.

If your plates are closed your hands and feet will grow from high dosages of hgh. This has been proven both scientifically and anecdotally when you observe bodybuilders.

give me links ?
Looking for Pili

MrHandsome

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 11:03:39 AM »

give me links ?

I will send you the links later when I am able to find them. Anyway I would strongly recommend using hgh for a few years before getting leg lengthening that way you will look proportional.

Zeo

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 01:36:23 PM »

cool....still not convinced. Still wrong

ok then 8)
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

bander72.

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 04:13:48 PM »

We don't need more LL Doctors, is enough to everyone who thinks in it to go psychologist and get start some treatment with medicine to heal the madness.
Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

James24

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 04:21:22 PM »

Why's everyone disagreeing with this.. The dude has legit, true points

People who're younger than 18 Should give this some time
Some may still have space to grow. And some like myself, even though have already done their growth, and their growth plates are closed, They still have their minds to mature.. They'll probably come to the conclusion that they're OK with their height and there's nothing wrong with it.

With the people who are 5'10 +
They seriously do need a visit to a therapist/shrink.
Because their height is not a problem, 5'10 and above is accepted to not be short all around the world no matter where you are.
But they way they think however, is a problem

This surgery was originally meant to help the crippled
And people who were of short stature but normal and healthy in every other aspect, saw it as the only possible solution to their problem. So they cling onto it, and if told that the surgery is probably not a good idea, They get all defensive. They don't "want" to admit to the problem

I know this because i used to be one of them.
I still am considering the surgery, however, I'm giving it a whole long time.

Don't hate on him for giving straight up facts and the truth.
It's not about how tall you are in the eyes of the world, It's about how you feel about yourself as an individual.

bander72.

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 04:27:49 PM »

people in  here who establishes the minimum of 5'10 to proceed this surgery ,they're 5'10 by sure.
Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

GeTs

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 04:34:04 PM »

Why's everyone disagreeing with this.. The dude has legit, true points

People who're younger than 18 Should give this some time
Some may still have space to grow. And some like myself, even though have already done their growth, and their growth plates are closed, They still have their minds to mature.. They'll probably come to the conclusion that they're OK with their height and there's nothing wrong with it.

With the people who are 5'10 +
They seriously do need a visit to a therapist/shrink.
Because their height is not a problem, 5'10 and above is accepted to not be short all around the world no matter where you are.
But they way they think however, is a problem

This surgery was originally meant to help the crippled
And people who were of short stature but normal and healthy in every other aspect, saw it as the only possible solution to their problem. So they cling onto it, and if told that the surgery is probably not a good idea, They get all defensive. They don't "want" to admit to the problem

I know this because i used to be one of them.
I still am considering the surgery, however, I'm giving it a whole long time.

Don't hate on him for giving straight up facts and the truth.

5'10 is not short. People who are 5'10 and above do it for different reasons. Their reason is body image.

A 5'10 guy going to 6'0 gains a lot. He goes from average (50%)  to taller than 80% of people. If it makes his life better in his mind why not. Theoretically there are less risks than a 5'5 guy doing it. He then starts to like his body and starts to take care of it.

No need to be angry, 5'10 is a perfectly normal height for people to aspire to. But people  want to be the best they can be and if a 5'10 wants to do it to reach his dream of 6'0, there's nothing wrong with that. Keep your envy for yourself

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 06:13:25 PM »

5'10 is not short. People who are 5'10 and above do it for different reasons. Their reason is body image.

A 5'10 guy going to 6'0 gains a lot. He goes from average (50%)  to taller than 80% of people. If it makes his life better in his mind why not. Theoretically there are less risks than a 5'5 guy doing it. He then starts to like his body and starts to take care of it.

No need to be angry, 5'10 is a perfectly normal height for people to aspire to. But people  want to be the best they can be and if a 5'10 wants to do it to reach his dream of 6'0, there's nothing wrong with that. Keep your envy for yourself

If you ask 10 average guys if they would rather be 5'10'' and healthy or 6 foot with muscle atrophy, lifetime knee issues, easily tiring legs and reduced athletic speed and endurance, I'd wager at least 9 of them would choose the first option.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 06:35:13 PM »

If you ask 10 average guys if they would rather be 5'10'' and healthy or 6 foot with muscle atrophy, lifetime knee issues, easily tiring legs and reduced athletic speed and endurance, I'd wager at least 9 of them would choose the first option.

Who would want to be a 5'10 dwarf lmao get real.

No 6' no pu$$y ez twitter math

bander72.

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 12:29:56 AM »

Who would want to be a 5'10 dwarf lmao get real.

No 6' no pu$$y ez twitter math
that's it, gorgeous woman wants tall guys, short guys get the rest of it

Mr Sarcastic

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 08:42:56 PM »

that's it, gorgeous woman wants tall guys, short guys get the rest of it

I'm short, yet somehow I get tons of gorgeous p*ssy! I want to be taller simply because I want to be the best version of myself for myself. Not for a nice piece of ass. Those chicks are a dime a dozen. I'm here to tell you the gorgeous chicks are some of the worst lays. Get yourself a girl with maybe a little extra meat on her bones, big t*ts, nice smile, who likes to cowgirl all night with no gag reflex. You'll have a smile from ear to ear!
banned for usage of hostility/insult/name-calling/ toward other users.

google42

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 09:16:34 PM »

I'm short, yet somehow I get tons of gorgeous p*ssy! I want to be taller simply because I want to be the best version of myself for myself. Not for a nice piece of ass. Those chicks are a dime a dozen. I'm here to tell you the gorgeous chicks are some of the worst lays. Get yourself a girl with maybe a little extra meat on her bones, big t*ts, nice smile, who likes to cowgirl all night with no gag reflex. You'll have a smile from ear to ear!
So many trolls on this forum.

Bander72

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2017, 09:38:15 PM »

I don't care enough to dig through the post history but as mentioned the op has said some retarded things so he should be the last one to say that someone needs a psychologist.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2017, 09:52:09 PM »

Guys just be tall, it's so easy, you get all the pussy and will be an alpha male in no time. Believe me, just be 6'6''. Alpha third eye master race. All the ladies will swoon, wet panties everywhere. What's not to get guys? What is so difficult? What is not to GET?

onemorefoot

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 11:00:27 PM »

Psychologists cant Medicate a patient, so how should It help? I dont agree, while you dont want to be apo2020 you dont need a tharapist.
Budget will determine my future.

MrHandsome

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 10:37:31 AM »

5'9-5'10 and up and you'll be able to get hot women. Otherwise you will struggle a lot unless you are extremely rich.

Knik

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 01:38:32 PM »

so Mr Handsome. Where are you fking links ?
Looking for Pili

SeekingSentimetres

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 02:05:05 PM »

I will send you the links later when I am able to find them. Anyway I would strongly recommend using hgh for a few years before getting leg lengthening that way you will look proportional.

Liars.... you literally disgust me as you pull facts out of your ass

Knik

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2017, 03:27:50 PM »

Liars.... you literally disgust me as you pull facts out of your ass

Exactly. I asked to an endocrinologist if hgh is very effective on child who arent hgh deficiant, she told me that no. And rich child are not really taller than others, just that rich men can have model women. Also they can have a better lifestyle, can go to sport, have good nutrition but they can't do anything against genetic. In most european countries you can have a good nutrition and lifestyle.
Looking for Pili

FDR101

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »

There is not a lot of research done on HGH effect on short stature healthy kids, but it does seem to give an average increase of 1-3 inches.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/78129.php

However there are other variables, and this is an average over a large control group.

Knik

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 05:09:49 PM »

There is not a lot of research done on HGH effect on short stature healthy kids, but it does seem to give an average increase of 1-3 inches.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/78129.php

However there are other variables, and this is an average over a large control group.

" In addition, despite its potential to increase height, growth hormone therapy can cause earlier onset of puberty, which paradoxically shortens the growth period and leads to premature closure of the ends of long bones, which may limit final height, Bryant said."
Looking for Pili

James24

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 09:11:25 AM »

Sure because letting people lead themselves into their own demise is much more logical and righteous than Trying to stop them from it.

The surgery will end up being bad for lots of people as they age, No matter if you started out 5'10 or 5'5

I don't think you understand what this surgery will put people through.. It's seriously no joke.
There will be risks to it no matter what you do

Going from 5'10 to an unhealthy 6' +
Is like giving all your good playing cards up, for crappy ones just because "you think" it's good for you and it'll help you out in the long run.

But hey who am I for trying to help people make good life choices :)
It's not about how tall you are in the eyes of the world, It's about how you feel about yourself as an individual.

Bander72

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 10:19:28 AM »

Sure because letting people lead themselves into their own demise is much more logical and righteous than Trying to stop them from it.

The surgery will end up being bad for lots of people as they age, No matter if you started out 5'10 or 5'5

I don't think you understand what this surgery will put people through.. It's seriously no joke.
There will be risks to it no matter what you do

Going from 5'10 to an unhealthy 6' +
Is like giving all your good playing cards up, for crappy ones just because "you think" it's good for you and it'll help you out in the long run.

But hey who am I for trying to help people make good life choices :)

Yet you still have a interest in the procedure since you come to the forum. We are all a little looney but some are excesively worst by their behavior that they show here. We have people that make accounts on monegals name, brazilian luncatics that arent happy at 6 feet, incels that write essays of meaningless data to just name a few.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up