Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leg lengthening for 4-5cm  (Read 1506 times)

MrHandsome

Leg lengthening for 4-5cm
« on: September 04, 2017, 01:51:55 AM »

Hypothetically, if I only do 4-5cm would I be able to run, jump rope and play sports at an acceptable level? I'm not talking about elite but acceptable. That way I can get the full cosmetic result.

Zeo

Re: Leg lengthening for 4-5cm
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 04:36:12 PM »

the general consensus is that under 5 cm is "safe". Meaning you can more than likely get back to an "acceptable level"

But the general consensus is that under 5 cm is not worth the psychological stress, financial burden, pain and time off that comes with LL.

but everyones different so if its worth it to you to do 4cm  then that is your preference
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Mtall

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 06:20:52 PM »

The rule of thumb in the LL world is that under 5 cms is safe.
I don't agree with the above post saying that it isn't worth it if you do just 5 cms.
You have to consider your starting height will making a conclusion like that.
For example, I'm 165 cms right now, and I'm planning to lengthen 5 cms to make myself near 5'7". I would be totally happy with 5'7" or even 5'6.5" or somewhere abouts.

Zeo

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 06:54:32 PM »

but everyones different so if its worth it to you to do 4cm  then that is your preference

that's why i wrote the above caveat about it being a preference

Please don't twist my words.  I never said it "wasn't worth it" as an absolute (i never made a "conclusion" about what is "worth it"), i said it was the "general consensus".
What is "worth it" to every one is different, that's why I worded my statement very carefully.

The "general consensus" is that under 5cm isnt worth it, individually it differs of course. Someone can find 1 cm increase "worth it". That's fine. But the "general consensus" is different, which is fine too. Anyone can lengthen as much or as little as they want as long as they understand the trade off. It's an extremely individualized thing and different for everyone.

In general with LL you need to balance the risk and reward. But for everyone it's different what risk they're willing to take and what reward they require for that risk.

Thats why some people lengthen 5 cm and some lengthen 8 cm. Its their risk/reward preference.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.
Pages: [1]   Go Up